New Orleans Saints General Thread

Warhawk_46

Master
You're thinking of Kyle Williams, who like Kelly Gregg punched way above his weight when it came to combining tackles and sacks at the position. But no matter how much White "outliers" excel at a position they're shut out of, the basic Caste template must never be allowed to change other than with minor tweaks. Let's hope Bresee really shines at the position, for whatever it's worth.
Yes, Kyle Williams! He was an absolute STUD at DT. He was every bit as disruptive and productive as any DT outside of Aaron Donald in the last twenty years.

Both he and Justin Smith warrant HOF consideration given how dominant and for how long they were at their respective positions.

jphoss

Mentor
Hopefully Bresee can stay healthy. In my observations of his play with Clemson, he never seemed to be in optimal gym shape, always seemed a little soft. Now that's the norm for the sumos, but why be like them? In N.O. they signed Khalen Saunders from the Chiefs. He was a good player, mostly a sumo space-eater that is helpful to have if you are more of a quicker player like Bresee. He should surprise people if he can stay in the lineup.
Being a white man he should have a thicker broader skeleton and would hope he puts in the work to develop his body. He should be husky not a fat sumo. If he does that he can be a very good player

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
A little more background on Bresee. Rooting for him and it's sad to head about his sister.

Warhawk_46

Master
Bresee is a guy I am rooting for big time. He has had injury setbacks at Clemson and tragically lost his younger sister to cancer I believe.

He needs to put more muscle on his frame, agreed that he seems a tad soft bodied.
His exceptional quickness is his calling card. He will be a good player. To be a great player he needs to put in the work in the gym to refine his body.

Warhawk_46

Master
Saints have a roomie DE who crushed it tonight - 5 tackles, 3 sacks, 4 TFL, 1 PD.

Niko Lalos.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Saints have a roomie DE who crushed it tonight - 5 tackles, 3 sacks, 4 TFL, 1 PD.

Niko Lalos.

He made some really nice back to back plays at the end of the game! Lalos has actually been around for a few years - he entered the league with the Giants as an UDFA in 2020.

I also saw Heflin make some impact plays and LB Ryan Connelly had a nice hit.

NikoDuke

Mentor

Niko Lalos.
Lalos is being touted as a strong practice squad option by the Saints media.. laughable that he isn't given a real shot.
Soon enough he'll likely be out of the league and using that Ivy degree...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
This is a great example of the caste system. Saints have a 1st round black DE that has essentially been a bust over his first two years getting the preferential black athlete treatment:
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/dennis-allen-payton-turner-is-showing-why-he-was-a-first-round-pick

Meanwhile Niko Lalos has been on practice squads with some NFL experience, goes to the XFL and is one of the best players there, ends up really playing well last night and has probably had a strong training camp too but the coach makes it a numbers game.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...xfl-experience-was-good-for-niko-lalos-growth

Another fine example of the caste system. The leniency with underperforming blacks runs rampant and is a pillar of keeping the league black as possible.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
This is a great example of the caste system. Saints have a 1st round black DE that has essentially been a bust over his first two years getting the preferential black athlete treatment:
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/dennis-allen-payton-turner-is-showing-why-he-was-a-first-round-pick

Meanwhile Niko Lalos has been on practice squads with some NFL experience, goes to the XFL and is one of the best players there, ends up really playing well last night and has probably had a strong training camp too but the coach makes it a numbers game.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...xfl-experience-was-good-for-niko-lalos-growth

Another fine example of the caste system. The leniency with underperforming blacks runs rampant and is a pillar of keeping the league black as possible.
And the beat goes on!

Warhawk_46

Master
Lalos is being touted as a strong practice squad option by the Saints media.. laughable that he isn't given a real shot.
Soon enough he'll likely be out of the league and using that Ivy degree...
It sickens me that our men have to perform 2-3 times better than the random and wholly replaceable black players… I understand it is by design that white players make up so little of 2-3 stringers; they get jerked around for too long and many quit and start their normal business careers (or whatever field).

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Not directly related to the Saints but related to the discussion at hand, here's another bust who keeps getting chance after chance to show his non-existent upside. Miller was drafted in the second round by the Bears back in 2018 and isn't very good but keeps getting chances.

49ers signed WR Anthony Miller, formerly of the Steelers.
Miller was cut from the Steelers earlier this summer and hasn’t suited up for a game since Week 12 of the 2021 season. The former second-rounder will have a short time to prove himself with the 49ers, and faces an uphill battle to make the 53-man roster with one preseason game to go.

NikoDuke

Mentor
It sickens me that our men have to perform 2-3 times better than the random and wholly replaceable black players… I understand it is by design that white players make up so little of 2-3 stringers; they get jerked around for too long and many quit and start their normal business careers (or whatever field).
He’s a guy that’s worked extremely hard,” Allen said of Lalos. “He was on the practice squad last year. He went and played in the XFL this year. I think that was good experience for him to get out there and play. "

Really means that Lalos is White so nothing will be handed to him..

"He’s been putting some good stuff on tape. "

Really means he is White so we need to see evidence he can play...

"It’s a position that we’re pretty deep at so there’s a lot of competition there. We’ll evaluate where that tape was, but he did do some good things tonight.”

Really means that he is White so unless he lights up and forces us to choose him, he is the first man gone...

Warhawk_46

Master
He’s a guy that’s worked extremely hard,” Allen said of Lalos. “He was on the practice squad last year. He went and played in the XFL this year. I think that was good experience for him to get out there and play. "

Really means that Lalos is White so nothing will be handed to him..

"He’s been putting some good stuff on tape. "

Really means he is White so we need to see evidence he can play...

"It’s a position that we’re pretty deep at so there’s a lot of competition there. We’ll evaluate where that tape was, but he did do some good things tonight.”

Really means that he is White so unless he lights up and forces us to choose him, he is the first man gone...
The reading between the lines is perfect.

I was just watching some footage of when Julian Edelman was playing cornerback against the Raves in the AFC Championship… he was locking down a very good Anquan Bolden. He only played cornerback because the Pats were desperate.

How good could he have been had he been given a shot? Of course he became one of our all-time receivers, so no complaints.

But how good could all our guys have been if given a fair shake? Gerhart and Zenner were easy 1,000 running backs. Woodhead should have received another 50-75 rushes each season he played, no question.

How many elite white talents toiled away because a coach adheres to the racist caste system?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bresee should get a lot of playing time this season:

Stock Up: DT Bryan Bresee​

The rookie first-round pick has been the talk of the town, at least as far as his teammates are concerned. He was very disruptive throughout the summer and did a great job shedding blocks to get in the backfield. Head coach Dennis Allen cautioned about complimenting rookies too often, but Bresee has earned it after a strong start in preseason. Let’s see him do it in a meaningful game on Sunday.

jphoss

Mentor
Bresee should get a lot of playing time this season:

Stock Up: DT Bryan Bresee​

The rookie first-round pick has been the talk of the town, at least as far as his teammates are concerned. He was very disruptive throughout the summer and did a great job shedding blocks to get in the backfield. Head coach Dennis Allen cautioned about complimenting rookies too often, but Bresee has earned it after a strong start in preseason. Let’s see him do it in a meaningful game on Sunday.
Lunchpail attitude paying off

Warhawk_46

Master
Never have I witnessed a franchise actively try to minimize their most athletic and impactful player like the Saints do with Taysom Hill.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
That's a painful injury that takes awhile to get over, especially in his throwing shoulder. I seriously doubt he will return next week, at least if he wants to be effective. Bad news is that then we will see another week of Winston, and you saw how well he did against the Packers. And no, you will not see Taysom Hill playing QB except in option plays. Sorry for the negative vibes, just the truth.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
That's a painful injury that takes awhile to get over, especially in his throwing shoulder. I seriously doubt he will return next week, at least if he wants to be effective. Bad news is that then we will see another week of Winston, and you saw how well he did against the Packers. And no, you will not see Taysom Hill playing QB except in option plays. Sorry for the negative vibes, just the truth.
I agree with this. Probably a month of Winston…