New Orgy of NHL Expansion possible

Realgeorge

Mentor
Gary Bettmann continues his full-blast efforts to destroy the NHL. Several mainstream-news sources published his intentions to be sympathetic to even further expansion, with teams in Las Vegas NV and Kansas City MO being explored. [The new Las Vegas Criminals franchise will feature Pacman Jones throwing out the ceremonial First Puck]

The Canadian loan shark that was going to snap up the Pittsburgh franchise now has his sights on the Nashville Predators:

cslewis1

Guru
THis is incredibly stupid. Can't believe the NHL thinks by ever more diluting the franchise this is good for the game. Mind boggling. But it's just like corporate America as a whole. Screw everyone else, let me make mine!

hedgehog

Mentor
I believe Bettman was given a $2 million a year pay increase a week ago. For all the great things he has done for hockey.
smiley5.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Bettman's been all bad by any stretch. He has areptilian presence, but he returned financial sanity and stability to the sport by keeping the owners strong and united during the lockoutand the NHL is clearly on the rise imo while the NBA is in decline. Bettman has to act with the approval of the owners, which is a restraint on what he can and can't do.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
I cant fault Bettman too much. He helped the Penguins resolve their arena issues and keep the team in Pittsburgh. As a Pens fan, I sing Bettmans praises

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Lance Alworth said:
I cant fault Bettman too much. He helped the Penguins resolve their arena issues and keep the team in Pittsburgh. As a Pens fan, I sing Bettmans praises
excuse me, if Pittsburgh is gonna have a team next year, that's all thanks to Mario Lemieux. He keeps this team in this town. Just him.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
lumsdenpower said:
Lance Alworth said:
excuse me, if Pittsburgh is gonna have a team next year, that's all thanks to Mario Lemieux. He keeps this team in this town. Just him.

Well yes, Mario certainly did his part and deserves most of the credit, but it was Bettman who brought both sides together. Without him acting as a mediator, there was a real possibility of a deal not getting done. The political climate in the state of Pennsylvania is as corrupt as they come and is mainly controlled by big spending Democreeps. Ed Rendell did all he could to sabotage the deal and then place the blame on Mario if the deal didn't get done and say "he tried" Thats usually the standard modus operandi of the Democrap party.