ND v LSU

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Not much to say about this game. Not good at all, from any perspective.

Deus Vult

Mentor
Jacob Hester didn't get the ball much; but when he did he had some nice runs and at least one nice catch.

Craig Steltz made some good plays. Luke Sanders sacked Quinn.

Samardzija caught a TD pass.

DuhMarcus Russell threw an interception and had a fumble.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
At least there was no marriage proposal at the end of the game.
smiley14.gif

G

Deus Vult said:
DuhMarcus Russell threw an interception and had a fumble.
LSU got better field position with that endzone INT than they would have had they punted on the next down. The game was pretty much over at that point, so gunning it into the endzone on 3rd and long, wasn't that bad a play.

I wonder if he comes back next year for the National Championship and/or Heisman try?Edited by: FSU Seminoles

I dont think he will, to much money to pass up. I was really disapointed in Quinn's play tonight. Unless the pockets collaspe on you I dont think you should ever take a sack or throw a horrible pass like he did tonight. If your outside the pocket all you have to do is throw it pass the line out of bounds.

Warnipple

onlytimewilltel said:
I dont think he will, to much money to pass up.  I was really disapointed in Quinn's play tonight.  Unless the pockets collaspe on you I dont think you should ever take a sack or throw a horrible pass like he did tonight.  If your outside the pocket all you have to do is throw it pass the line out of bounds.

Maybe Quinn thought if he played really badly the Raiders would pass on him. Can't say I blame him if that's what he's thinking.

now that i think about it that wouldnt be a bad idea. when qbs fall late in the first and get to go to a decent team they usually come out the gates pretty strong.Edited by: onlytimewilltel

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
LSU has the 3rd ranked pass defense, Notre Dame had the 47th. Enough said. The performances aren't really comparable to me..

cslewis1

Guru
I was totally surprised by the number of white starters on LSU's defense. Have they been like that all year? I know there were some punishment dished out, but even in the late part of the first half, they seemed to have an unusual amount of whites playing on D. Anyone else notice?

cslewis1 said:
I was totally surprised by the number of white starters on LSU's defense. Have they been like that all year? I know there were some punishment dished out, but even in the late part of the first half, they seemed to have an unusual amount of whites playing on D. Anyone else notice?

Yeah, I noticed that as well. When I saw that LSU had a White defensive-back or two, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.
smiley16.gif

sunshine

Mentor
The punter on LSU Chris Jackson--also PK--ran for a first down on a fake punt. He is also a baseball player. Plays 3B and infield. runs around a 4.4 forty. talented athlete.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
Warnipple said:
onlytimewilltel said:
I dont think he will, to much money to pass up.  I was really disapointed in Quinn's play tonight.  Unless the pockets collaspe on you I dont think you should ever take a sack or throw a horrible pass like he did tonight.  If your outside the pocket all you have to do is throw it pass the line out of bounds.

Maybe Quinn thought if he played really badly the Raiders would pass on him. Can't say I blame him if that's what he's thinking.

i think I'm gonna be sick, especiall if we pass up on Quinn and end up with DuhMarcus (hehe I like that)

white tornado

Mentor
I hope they do draft DaMarcus I don't want Quinns Carrier thrown down the toilet.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
Not to sound like a Raider homer or anything but drafting Quinn would be the first step of getting this team back on the right path. Every team goes through phases of sucking, so why would the Raiders be any different? and why would the Raiders drafting him ruin his career? I mean, at least the Raiders have a history of winning unlike Cleveland and Detroit. If I were him, i would MUCH rather play in Oakland than in those two cities

Actually Detroit isn't the worst of options, as long as Matt Millen doesn't screw the draft up again. Of course, it's almost a given he will, so...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think Davis would go after Russell. Quinn has said he would like to play for the Browns.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
Unfortunately for Quinn, it isnt his choice on where he plays, so if the Raiders draft him, he's coming to play for us. I really dont think he's a punk like Eli Manning was. He seems to be a decent guy with a good head on his shoulders so i would expect him to make the right decision