National Signing Day - Caste Rankings

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
What a bunch of mess! I would have gone through the roof if he told me that. I don't doubt that these recruiting services play the major role in culling whites out before they get to college. Then, the same type of treatment through college causes all but a precious few to be culled before getting to the NFL.
smiley7.gif

SteveB

Mentor
In reference to my previous post, here are the nation's top 20 SPARQ ratings (measurement of overall athleticism) and the rivals.com ratings. Nine are white, 2 mixed race, 8 black, 1 unknown. Of the twenty, only 7 are highly rated by rivals.com.

(Player Name, position, race, SPARQ rating, Rivals rating, school signed with)

1. Tom Hansen, LB, White, 112.42, 3 stars, Oregon St
2. Andrew Trowbridge, LB, White, 101.81, 2 stars, Liberty
3. Nick Neuenfeldt, ATH, White, 100.69, 3 stars, Colorado St.
4. Ian Conyers, S, Mixed B/W, 97.11, 2 stars, Georgetown
5. Tim Tebow, QB, White, 96.92, 5 stars, Florida
6. Princeton McCarthy, CB, Black, 96.83, 2 stars, Idaho
7. J'here Hill, RB, Black, 95.59, 0 stars, N/A
8. Brent Vinson, WR, Black, 95.51, 4 stars, Tennessee
9. Eric Gordon, LB, White, 95.27, 4 stars, Mich. St.
10. Adam Kravtiz, CB/RB, White, 95.2, 2 stars, None (injured during season).
11. Corey Silcox, S/RB, White, 93.01, 2 stars, N/A (offers from Florida Atl,Florida Int'l)
12. John Graves, DE, Black, 92.94, 4 stars, Va. Tech.
13. Austin Nielson, LB, Mixed Hisp/White, 92.73, 0 Stars, N/A
14. Gabe Miller, LB/TE, White, 92.55, 4 stars, Oregon St.
15. Robert Blanks, RB, N/A, 92.39, N/A, N/A
16. Jared Fayson, ATH, Black, 91.63, 4 stars, Florida
17. Kevin Holloway, CB, Black, 91.37, 3 stars, Rutgers
18. Michael Angram, RB, Black, 91.28, 0 stars, N/A
19. Ricky Neaves, S, White, 91.26, 2 stars, N/A (offer from East. Mich.)
20. Steve Brown, S, Black, 91.21, 4 stars, MichiganEdited by: SteveB

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
it's interesting to note that Eric Shaffer, a WR/CB from Arkansas, wasn't included on the SPARQ list or homepage. he recorded a SPARQ rating of 95.80 in Fort Worth this past year, at the time it was the second highest rating in the nation according to recruiting analyst Max Emfinger, who invited Shaffer to play in his All-American game.

additionally, 6 players from the state of Arkansas signed D-1 scholarships with the service academies, and all of them were white guys. none received offers from the Razorbacks. Shaffer, the fastest player in the state, went to Army; one guy went to Navy; 4 signed with Air Force, even though i thought DeBerry needed "afletes".

furthermore, the top WR in the state signed with small college Harding University after injuring his knee, nullifying the interest the Hogs had been showing despite his dominant stats and physical measurables.

SteveB

Mentor
Unfortunately, there is no absolutely perfect database of all of these kids. I have been using rivals.com which seems to the the most complete database. According to rivals.com, Eric Shaffer scored a SPARQ score of 69.9 at the Baton Rouge camp. Also, he is not listed on Army's commitment list on rivals. Let me know where you saw him signed with Army and I will add him onto my list.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, the Hogs will pay for not bringing them there. I doubt the increasing blackness of the team will translate into more wins. It is good that Air Force will still have a lot of whites, especially on defense.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
both sets of facts were reported in the Arkansas state newspaper, the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. or you could go to Max Emfinger's website where Shaffer is on the front page.

as for the SPARQ number you mentioned, that score was for the summer between his sophomore and junior years. not that i know the kid, but mistakes like this seem to happen a lot with white players. but seldom do they interfere with their black counterparts...

SteveB

Mentor
Thanks Jimmy. I added Eric to Army's list and moved them up the board. I am glad you brought up Max Emfinger's website. It is a must read for Caste Football readers because he has a list of mostly white high school stars and many do not have college offers. Check it out at MaxEmfingerRecruiting.comEdited by: SteveB

Hate to say it but the top 18 schools with the most white recruits at the speed positions were only recruited because these schools couldn't get the black players they wanted.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
You know, college academia is a bastion of liberal and PC thinking. Multiculturalism is the norm. Why does it surprise us to find that this thinking prevails in college sports as well?

The examples I'm reading here about the way walk-ons and other white athletes are treated and recruited reminds me of the way minorities are recruited for law schools and medical schools. A certain number of slots are allocated to them, regardless of ability. The same appears to be happening in athletics as well, only they receive far more slots in sports than they do in academics. Its almost as if a 'whites need not apply' sign is hanging on the locker room door.

Without scores or grades in athletics, as there is in academics, there is no way to refute the notion that blacks are superior to whites and asians, there is no recourse for non-minority students to file class action lawsuits for 'reverse' discrimination. There will always be some way to describe a black athlete that makes him superior to a white athlete in some intangible way, e.g. 'quick feet,' or 'good hands,' or 'more athletic,' nebulous words and phrases that mean nothing and cannot be measured and examined.

The Duke

Blacks always get the reverse racism in their favor. They're given affirmative action scholarships to replace deserving whites as students, and thy're given scholarships to continue displacing deserving white athletes even though whites are the ones underrepresented. The fact that some football positions are virtually 100% black (non-white) shows that the system is in favor of completely shutting out whites whenever possible. (The advertising industry is a good example.) Diversity and multiculturalism are euphemisms for total white displacement.

THE DUKE - you made some great points. From what I've seen if a white student gets an academic scholarship to college he/she has to be a genious. A black only has to have the skin color. As far as athletics goes, they are really trying to wean the whites off the fields and courts. I say maybe its time the causian population boycott sports teams. Maybe we should ask for all white and all black teams now. Separate them. They cry discrimination when it suits them, whites have no recourse.

robcat

Guru
Boycotts wont work until a lot more sports fans realize there is a caste system. Right now hardly any do. There are a lot of whites who have tuned out sports over the years for different reasons including racial ones but there tuned out for good.