Mr. Olympia

j41181

Master
I don't really follow this competition. But judging in it's history, Arnold Schwarzenegger (1970-75, 1980) & Dorian Yates (1992-97) are the event's most dominant whites.

Recent winner Jay Cutler might enjoy a lengthy reign, if lady luck is on his side. Edited by: j41181

j41181

Master
lost said:
Yeates was unbelievable!! i remember he ripped his "bicep" doing row's and lost part of it...
Yeah, he made an amazing comeback from that nasty injury!

white is right

Hall of Famer
Mr Olympia was dominated by Whites in the early years. Sergio Oliva was the only non White to win it until about 1981'. Recent years the bodybuilding scene in the US has been dominated by Blacks. But I don't know if it's because people with the potential to be great bodybuilders have dropped out because of the crazy drug regiments the athletes endure. Edited by: white is right

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Lee Haney was Mr.O from 1984-91 & Ronnie "PED King" Coleman held the Mr.O title from 1998 to 2005. The only other "afflete" streak was Sergio Olivia from 1967-69. Cutler won it 06,07 & 09.

The "affletes" have the most wins, but everyone knows the "Austrian Oak" is the greatest bodybuilder of all time!

WinsNamesYears
8Lee Haney1984-1991
Ronnie Coleman1998â€"2005
7Arnold Schwarzenegger1970â€"1975, 1980
6Dorian Yates1992â€"1997
3Sergio Oliva1967â€"1969
Frank Zane1977â€"1979
Jay Cutler2006â€"2007, 2009
2Larry Scott1965-1966
Franco Columbu1976, 1981
1Samir Bannout1983
Chris Dickerson1982
Dexter Jackson2008
Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I think we have all seen the "insecure" blacks with the 22 inch steroidal arms. They aren't flexible and they could never dominate boxing or MMA!

Give me a White powerlifter with 18-20 inch arms anyday, as he will have superior strength and FLEXIBILITY/MOBILITY!!

white is right

Hall of Famer
Ronnie Coleman is out of breath walking out of his patrol car....
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif
He also gets hunger pangs if he waits 20 minutes between meals....
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Coleman claims he got so big just eating alot.  

Yeh..."eating" alotta Test, D-bol, Winny V, Anavar, Equipoise & HGH!
smiley2.gif

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

j41181

Master
Arnold will always be the BEST ever!

After all, he's the only bodybuilder to become a Hollywood box-office star actor. Steve Reeves also had a great Hollywood career, but nothing compared to Arnold's magnitude.

As governor....that's another issue.

Poacher

Mentor
I just read that Cutler is the only man in history to have won Mr. Olympia, lost it, then won it again. Sounds strange but it's true.

All of the other big names went on long winning streaks but once they lost they never won it again.

Nice job Cutler!

Spartan

All of you forget something in here, and in all honesty i am shocked because the level of knowledge is extremely high for most of you, i have learned tons of things from you in this forum from the day i discovered it, but in this case you do not mention an important factor.<div>
</div><div>Lee Haney and Ronnie Coleman (who should have lost in 3 cases from Jay Cutler, they literally robbed Jay) both competed until the age of their mid 40's and still they both won 8 each, that's bull.</div><div>
</div><div>Now Arnold at the age of 28 he had already 6 Mr. Olympia titles, retired for 4 years while he was easily the best and came back to win one more at the age of 33, when he retired for good.</div><div>
</div><div>I have seen specials and even Lee Haney admitting that if Arnold didn't go for bigger and better things and stayed in the sport ofbodybuildinguntil the age of his mid 40's too, hecould havewon an astonishing number of 17-18 Mr. Olympias................The best ever, easily!</div><div>
</div><div>Plus there have been 12 Mr. Olympia winners in history, 7 Caucasians and 5 blacks, plus Caucasians have won 25 titles in total, while blacks 21...........also if you add all the Caucasian Hall of Fame members in that sport and theIFBB Mr. International, you will notice that bodybuilding is another white dominated sport, even though you will only hear in the news how whites can't have muscles like blacks........once again American media = Epic Fail!
smiley36.gif
</span></div><div>
</span></div><div>Jay Cutler Mr. Olympia 2011, Go Jay!!!!!!!!!! 5th title is coming for the "White Hulk"</span></div>

Edited by: Spartan

Westside

Hall of Famer
Spartan, this mens body building crap fortified by roids is hardly a sport. It's a freak mens beauty contest,. In short a huge was of time for any one I interested in that fraud show.

Westside

Hall of Famer
A sport? How much hand to eye coordination does one need to left barbells and dumbbells? A hobby or lifestyle but A sport? In the words of HOF sportsman, John Macnroe " you can not be serious."

Alexander79

Westside said:
A sport? How much hand to eye coordination does one need to left barbells and dumbbells? A hobby or lifestyle but A sport? In the words of HOF sportsman, John Macnroe " you can not be serious."
<div>
</div><div>I agree, and you make good points. Anything white dominated which producessuccessfulwhite men and women, it's good with me though, a sport or not
smiley17.gif
</div>

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Westside, I agree, BB not really a sport. A better use of lifting barbells among other things would be "The Worlds' Strongest Man Contest"

It would be interesting to see how some of the BB champions do in that contest?????

Lou Ferrigno was impressive in the first WSM. One of the events was bending a bar around the neck. I believe he bent a 5/8" bar a feat none of the strength atheletes could match. He did not do so well in other events that required coordination, timing and management of endurance.