MLB 2024 Season

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Shockingly a NY club allows star of David and not American flag. Crazy.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Baltimore 22 year old SS Gunnar Henderson has hit his 10th HR tying Mike Trout in a 3-24 slump, for the league lead.
Henderson also leading the league in Total Bases with 72.

icsept

Master
Trout torn meniscus. Needs surgery. Out 4-6 weeks. Gut punch (especially for Carolina Speed.). That sucks.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Trout torn meniscus. Needs surgery. Out 4-6 weeks. Gut punch (especially for Carolina Speed.). That sucks.

Not only Carolina Speed but also for me and many of us here. We will always wonder how great he could have been if he stayed healthy!

Warhawk_46

Master
The guy just cannot stay healthy. While he is still a HOF player, it is safe to say his career will be far short of the accomplishments his first 6 years was on.

The best ability is availability and Trout is sorely lacking in that regard. A damn shame.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
It's a gut punch to the legacy of white athletes everywhere! As Mike Trout is arguably the greatest baseball talent we've ever seen. All you have to do is look up his first 6 year stats. The man was ahead of Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb!!! The 2 two greatest players of all time. However, in this modern age, most people will still believe the Bonds and Mays or Aaron were the best ever and you could throw Mantle in there as well, but he suffered injuries and was an alcoholic that hurt his career. Ted Williams is up there as well, but missed 3 years of his prime to serve his country in the military.
One thing I don't understand is why a torn meniscus will sideline him. I'm in my late fifties and have lived with a torn meniscus for years. No, I'm not running the bases, but I still lift weights, walk and climb steps quite often. I'm pretty sure that if I was 30 years old with a torn meniscus, I would try to gut out the season and if needed occasionally DH or take a day off ever so often.
It's just a D@#% shame this is happening to Trout as he seems like really nice person, not just a great baseball player. The one thing I know for sure is, I'll never see another player like him in my lifetime.
My all time top 5.
1. Ty Cobb- Played in the dead ball era and did many things that Ruth never did. Cobb won the triple crown, has the highest lifetime BA: 367 and stole home more than any other player as well as many other records.
2. Babe Ruth enough said. Not only did he hit 714 HR's, he won 94 games as a pitcher. The man could hit and pitch as well. He hit more triples than Barry Bonds. 136-77
3. Ted Williams-Could've possibly been the GOAT, but missed 3 years of his prime.
4. Willie Mays
5. Hank Aaron
HM: Mickey Mantle
HM: Mike Trout- The highest WAR of any player in history through his first 6 years! The greatest player I've ever seen although Ken Griffey Jr. is close. ....and of course Bonds on steroids was great as well.

Last edited:

Snow Plow

Mentor
Baltimore 22 year old SS Gunnar Henderson has hit his 10th HR tying Mike Trout in a 3-24 slump, for the league lead.
Henderson also leading the league in Total Bases with 72.
He and Bobby Witt Jr have started off strong and are 1-2 in WAR in the AL.

jphoss

Mentor
The guy just cannot stay healthy. While he is still a HOF player, it is safe to say his career will be far short of the accomplishments his first 6 years was on.

The best ability is availability and Trout is sorely lacking in that regard. A damn shame.
There must be something seriously wrong with either trout’s personal training or the angels s&c program. He should not be getting injured this much without there being a fundamental problem in his training. This, unfortunately, is starting to remind me of jj watt- another powerfully built man who maybe focused training strength too much at the expense of also building up strong tendons and smaller muscle groups and musculature imbalances

Snow Plow

Mentor
IMG_1618.jpeg

Another guy to watch if he can stay healthy. His ERA has improved every year.

icsept

Master
Damn, Trea Turner out 6 weeks with a hamstring injury. He was having a great season hitting .343.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Damn, Trea Turner out 6 weeks with a hamstring injury. He was having a great season hitting .343.
With top stars Mike Trout out for 6-8 weeks and now Trea Turner, there are a few guys playing very well early.

Philadelphia 3rd baseman Alec Bohm is leading the league in BA- .364, RBI's- 32.
Balt: Henderson/Trout leading in HR's-10
MIL: Turang- 2nd in SB/NL- 14
Bobby Witt Jr. playing steady. Leading the league in Runs-31, Triples-5, and the AL in SB with 11. AL WAR leader 2.4
No one really separating themselves or setting any records that I'm aware of making it easy for LA Dodger Mookie Betts as the early leader for NL MVP, leading the in WAR-3.2, Hits, BB, OBP.- .464, and OPS. 1.054. If he hangs on to all of those stats, he'll win the MVP. Hopefully Bahm or Henderson will break out and close the gap in WAR.
Bobby Witt Jr. is in a tie in the AL for WAR- 2.4. Could be an early consideration for the MVP.
Henderson right there at 2.2.

LAD pitcher, Tyler Glasnow, the early CY Young favorite with a 6-1 record and 63 K's leading the league in both categories.
KC's Seth Lugo the early AL CY Young favorite with a 5-1 record and a 1.6 ERA.

NYY's Clay Homes and CIN Ryan Helsley lading their respective leagues in Saves with 11.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Paul Skenes, the first overall draft pick last year, has been called up by the Pirates and is scheduled to make his first start on Saturday against the Cubs. Skenes is a 6'6" righthander out of LSU. From what I've been reading and hearing, Skenes is the most heralded college pitching prospect since Stephen Strasburg. Best of success to him in the Majors.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Paul Skenes, the first overall draft pick last year, has been called up by the Pirates and is scheduled to make his first start on Saturday against the Cubs. Skenes is a 6'6" righthander out of LSU. From what I've been reading and hearing, Skenes is the most heralded college pitching prospect since Stephen Strasburg. Best of success to him in the Majors.
Big time. Only one homer given up in 30+ innings of action in the minors.