Featherweight $1M
Super Bantamweight $4M
Bantamweight $1.5M
Super Flyweight $2M
Flyweight $500K
Jr Flyweight $1M
Minimumweight $200k

Via Boxing Kingdom on Twitter

how do welterweight champions make more than super lightweight champions where there is more interest and traffic in the super lightweight division?

Logos5

Guru
Ryan Garcia is allegedly popped positive for peds according to multiple sources.
he got tested for PEDs before the fight, and nothing came back positive?
so how was he conventionally tested positive now that he beat Devin Haney?

Logos5

Guru
If anyone is interested in the amateurs. The European Championships 2024 has been on the past week, and the finals are today Russia have 9 fighters in the final out of 13 weightclasses Some serious talent on display like Ataev, Bizhamov, Shumkov, Gadzhimagomedov, Savvin etc.

Annoying that Russia won't be able to compete at the Olympics this year!
I mostly switched off after seeing way too many africans and arabs in what is supposed to be the EUROPEAN championships, altough I would like for Russia to win.

Truthman

Guru
I mostly switched off after seeing way too many africans and arabs ihat is supposed to be the EUROPEAN championships, altough I would like for Russia to win.

Hmm I didnt notice too many. Anyway, almost all the winners were white.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Ryan Garcia is allegedly popped positive for peds according to multiple sources.
This situation is a hot mess but the clues for a possible failed test are there as his behavior on the week of the fight was whacked and he was seen keeping weird hours at a dance club during the week of the fight. The drug he tested positive for is weight shedding drug that keeps lean muscle mass. Generally when there is chaos in a training camp everything is out of whack including a fighter making weight. I do tend to agree with commentators that drug cheats need longer suspensions as many seem about as heavy handed as the public library's fines for having material over due and should be as long as track and field if you want to limit the cheating.

To the poster asking about the reason why welterweight has a better pay rate than junior welterweight it could be because of the super fight that happened las July between Spence and Crawford that paid both fighters 20 million plus after PPV revenues were divided. I'm shocked that Bridgerweight champions can earn so much but one of the champions had a decent arena fight against all action fighter Alan Babic so this could explain the decent purse for the obscure division.

Yes this weekend the biggest North American draw fights popular Mexican draw Jaime Munguia and while a 6 to 1 favorite Alvarez probably has a fight on his hands here as Munguia has never lost and as far as I remember never been close to being stopped.

Also on the under card Eimantas Stanionis defends his regular WBA belt with a victory he should be upgraded to a full world champion as Crawford should be forced to vacate his super belt at some point this year due to inactivity at the 147 pound limit.

PS this is the drug cheat czar talking about the Garcia situation...

Last edited:

Truthman

Guru
You probably watched the highlight matches then, I saw plenty of them especially in the lightweight division, really pissed me off, why is western Europe so cucked now, ****.

That's good then, might watch the finals
I watched some selected early fights, most of the semis, and all 13 finals - in full, no highlights.

Shumkov won at lightweight, he was brilliant

Not one single 'african' was even in one of the 13 finals.

It doesn't bother me that much if there was a lot in the early rounds when they all got beat up by Russians:)

white is right

Hall of Famer
This situation is a hot mess but the clues for a possible failed test are there as his behavior on the week of the fight was whacked and he was seen keeping weird hours at a dance club during the week of the fight. The drug he tested positive for is weight shedding drug that keeps lean muscle mass. Generally when there is chaos in a training camp everything is out of whack including a fighter making weight. I do tend to agree with commentators that drug cheats need longer suspensions as many seem about as heavy handed as the public library's fines for having material over due and should be as long as track and field if you want to limit the cheating.

To the poster asking about the reason why welterweight has a better pay rate than junior welterweight it could be because of the super fight that happened las July between Spence and Crawford that paid both fighters 20 million plus after PPV revenues were divided. I'm shocked that Bridgerweight champions can earn so much but one of the champions had a decent arena fight against all action fighter Alan Babic so this could explain the decent purse for the obscure division.

Yes this weekend the biggest North American draw fights popular Mexican draw Jaime Munguia and while a 6 to 1 favorite Alvarez probably has a fight on his hands here as Munguia has never lost and as far as I remember never been close to being stopped.

Also on the under card Eimantas Stanionis defends his regular WBA belt with a victory he should be upgraded to a full world champion as Crawford should be forced to vacate his super belt at some point this year due to inactivity at the 147 pound limit.

PS this is the drug cheat czar talking about the Garcia situation...
Nobody mentioned Saturday's bouts?

On the non televised bouts Vito Mielnicki earned a wide decision over somebody named Ronald Cruz. I missed this one as I didn't know the non PPV part of the card. Vito seems to be a level above this level of opponent and probably should graduate to a faded veteran type in his next bout. I know he was out boxed in his lone loss but he isn't learning anything fighting this level of opponent repeatedly. A former world level veteran type would be a better test for him.

Eimantas Stanionis pounded out a wide decision against former veteran amateur Venezuelan Gabriel Maestre who is nearly 38 years old but only had 7 pro bouts heading into the title fight as he was a long time amateur who didn't turn pro until he was well into his 30's. Stanionis pretty much had the bout his way less a few moments in the bout. I expect him to be the full champion at 147 pounds regardless if Crawford loses his showdown with Madrimov as Crawford is aging and might not want to make 147 pounds anymore.

With a full title he might be able to lure a star of boxing into a title fight and have better negotiating power when it comes to purse demands.

White Mexican Brandon Figueroa had his usual rugged inside fight with Mestizo American Jessie Magdaleno until a dramatic 9th round body shot knock out which had the rugged Magdaleno writhing on the canvas like he was hit with a low blow. Figueroa who fights much smaller than his frame with his infighting style showed he still has power in the heavier division but negates his height and reach advantage too much for my liking.

He will look to become a full titlist in the future and could have an exciting bout with Rey Vargas who survived a rugged bout Nick Ball with a iffy decision.

In the main event Saul (not so) Canelo Alvarez pounded out an obvious decision over the game but more limited Jaime Munguia. Alvarez dropped the game younger opponent and turned the bout into a rout on the score cards until a late rally by the younger man. With Alvarez showing gas tank issues late once again I'm thinking he's ripe for the picking if he took on a long tall 6'+ opponent like Benavidez who probably could pepper Alvarez on the outside. At times Munguia did this but stayed in the pocket too long and ate counter punches including the hook that dropped him.

PS on the card this morning Jason Moloney defends his WBO 118 pound belt on the undercard of the Monster vs Nery bout. This card is a lower weight class version of the loaded Saudi cards with 4 title bouts capped with the Monster asserting his claim to the pound for pound summit.

Last edited:

Booth

Mentor
Inoue kos Nery. Inoue hits too hard for anybody in his weight class. Moloney almost pulled it out in the last round, but the bell saved Takei. Takei by unanimous decision.

truthpilled

Do you guys think Ryan really took PEDs? His test result was negative on April 3 but supposedly positive on April 19 and 20. It makes no sense why he would do it since ostarine takes 6-8 weeks to have any sort of effect

truthpilled

No way. I think it's bull. Someone in the boxing elite likes Haney.

i think so too. It's no surprise they favor haney. They robbed lomachenko of a W. The black ref tried saving haney from what should have been a KO in the 7th round. Even after all those KD's, one judge still scored the haney vs garcia fight a draw. Its like the boxing elite are trying so hard to market haney as the next floyd mayweather.

The Hock

Master
As Logos5 posted Lomachenko vs Kambosos is the big fight this weekend. It is on Sunday.

Lomo should handle him unless Lomo is starting to age out.