Miscellaneous Boxing News

white is right

Hall of Famer
I was thinking not a wise decision to put Wilder in with the uninspiring but accomplished Parker with a huge payday at risk. A big punch doesn't always make up for limited boxing skills.
Wilder might be in the early stages of CTE as he never displayed any urgency to end the fight until the 12th round and possibly the only round he won in the scorecard I kept roughly in my head. At the end of the fight where he did nothing he legitimately thought he won...

Wallin never got on track in the main event. His jab fell short and he didn't have any movement, while he took Joshua's punch relatively well he was retreating at the end of the 5th round and his trainer ex-world level boxer Joey Gamache had seen enough and pulled the plug.

Joshua vs Wilder is now toast but there is a possibility for Hrgovic to get the golden ticket vs Joshua in Saudi Arabia as either the IBF champion or fighting for the vacant belt against Joshua.

Truthman

Guru
Deontay Wilder was the last Great Black Hope, like the knowledgeable Larry Merchant said.

Truthman

Guru
Black fighters have been losing the whole year of 2023....... Wilder, Spence, Charlo, Andrade, Fulton, Haney*,Miller, Yarde, Okolie, Dubois, Makabu, Harrison, Ellis, Lubin*,Colbert,Hurd, Glanton, Franklin, Shaw, Ngannou, Essuman, Bentley etc

Last edited:

freedom1

Mentor
Great card. Those Arabs know how to put on show. Sad to see Makhmudov exposed, but it's better to know the truth. Happy for Hrgovic. Yeah, hope he gets a shot a Joshua. Super happy to see Wilder get beat. The brothers really love Deontay.

The Hock

Master
Great card. Those Arabs know how to put on show. Sad to see Makhmudov exposed, but it's better to know the truth. Happy for Hrgovic. Yeah, hope he gets a shot a Joshua. Super happy to see Wilder get beat. The brothers really love Deontay.
Yeah Makhmudov reminded me of Kudrashev. Both great punchers but exposed when put in with top tier guys. It's an old story.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yeah Makhmudov reminded me of Kudrashev. Both great punchers but exposed when put in with top tier guys. It's an old story.
Yes Kudryashov lost in a similar manner to an overlooked veteran. There is a road back for the bomb throwing Russian national as I watched this fight again and he seemed to panic when the Kurd tagged him with bombs and didn't hold or try and land a jab to gauge his power punches.
He literally reverted to novice form and skill levels.

Somebody like Miller who is there to be hit and won't move and is durable would be a perfect comeback opponent but another loss like this and he's a rich man's Tye Fields type.

PS the Ring has a photo of Joshua pounding Wallin and there is no way on god's green earth that Joshua is clean he just has a smarter team around then a moron like Miller who probably has been advised by local meatheads at the typical weightlifting gym...https://www.ringtv.com/662506-anthony-joshua-halts-otto-wallin-after-five-rounds/

PS2 The "Monster" has a unification fight on the 26th the main event should start about 7am or so and will be shown on ESPN+https://fightnews.com/inoue-tapales-final-press-conference/156701

Last edited:

freedom1

Mentor
Bektemir Melikuzev is bruising fighter who has been able to come back from devastating knock out loss. But then, he is only like 27 years old.

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
I remember when Kudryashov was on the rise. It was a bummer to see him lose but it really is an old common story. Alen Babic and Trey Lippe were another couple guys who were prospects that could punch but were also there to be hit and eventually it caught up with them. Every once in a while a guy like this will evolve as a boxer and become a title contender but it doesn’t happen very often.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I remember when Kudryashov was on the rise. It was a bummer to see him lose but it really is an old common story. Alen Babic and Trey Lippe were another couple guys who were prospects that could punch but were also there to be hit and eventually it caught up with them. Every once in a while a guy like this will evolve as a boxer and become a title contender but it doesn’t happen very often.
These two lost to lesser opponents than Makhmudov just lost to. I heard a boxing interview today and the interviewee brought up Gerry Cooney and the Russian nationals loss reminded me of Spinks vs Cooney and Cooney's loss to Spinks. Time will tell if Makhmudov gets back on the horse and learns from this or he fades away like most exposed prospects/fringe contenders.

PS "Monster" Inoue unified all of the belts at 122 pounds and is the second man to be a two time undisputed champion in the 4 belt era. Maybe I'm being nit picky but he didn't look as dynamic as he did at 118. Time will tell if this is his maximum level of effectiveness as he talked about putting down an anchor at 122 pounds and at some point in time Sam Goodman the Australian contender will get a mandatory shot at the pound for pound fighter...

Last edited:

Arerequired

Mentor
Thanks for the updates everyone, I expected Wilder to at least land one big flush punch and hurt him but Parker did a good job. That was a big upset from Kabayel expected Makh to walk over him. Overall, a bad night for the big punchers.

These two lost to lesser opponents than Makhmudov just lost to. I heard a boxing interview today and the interviewee brought up Gerry Cooney and the Russian nationals loss reminded me of Spinks vs Cooney and Cooney's loss to Spinks. Time will tell if Makhmudov gets back on the horse and learns from this or he fades away like most exposed prospects/fringe contenders.

PS "Monster" Inoue unified all of the belts at 122 pounds and is the second man to be a two time undisputed champion in the 4 belt era. Maybe I'm being nit picky but he didn't look as dynamic as he did at 118. Time will tell if this is his maximum level of effectiveness as he talked about putting down an anchor at 122 pounds and at some point in time Sam Goodman the Australian contender will get a mandatory shot at the pound for pound fighter...
Many of the brothers really hate Inoue, even more than they hate some white boxers, a lot of black boxers are laying into him. Similar to when Mayweather layed into Pacman talking about eating dogs and such years ago.

Arerequired

Mentor

USA Boxing introduce new ‘Transgender Policy’ which allows male boxers who transition to fight in female category under certain conditions​

Yea this will end well, things change, a decade ago this would be unheard of.

Bucky

Hall of Famer

USA Boxing introduce new ‘Transgender Policy’ which allows male boxers who transition to fight in female category under certain conditions​

Yea this will end well, things change, a decade ago this would be unheard of.
U. S. Of Gay!

freedom1

Mentor
All of these obviously ridiculous decisions are part of our slave training, i.e., they are designed to break our will. It's like the concept in the book 1984. "We've always been at war with East Asia."

The Hock

Master
All of these obviously ridiculous decisions are part of our slave training, i.e., they are designed to break our will. It's like the concept in the book 1984. "We've always been at war with East Asia."

Well, men can menstruate now. Get with the times.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Well, men can menstruate now. Get with the times.
The first time some dude sends a woman to the hospital this will draw some attention.

I think women boxing is ridiculous anyway so I kinda applaud stupid decisions like this to hasten the end of it.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The first time some dude sends a woman to the hospital this will draw some attention.

I think women boxing is ridiculous anyway so I kinda applaud stupid decisions like this to hasten the end of it.
Whomever came up with this decision never competed in boxing or probably any sport at any level beyond gym class. When a male goes through puberty a healthy male will get higher lung capacity a thicker skull, longer levers, a narrower pelvic girdle and denser bones. These are all huge advantages in all sports let alone combat sports. Somebody will get badly ko'd because of this sad PC idea before this is looked at again.

PS Vito Meilnicki Jr. had a stay busy fight last weekend against a professional opponent named Salim Larbi and the inevitable violent knockout happened. Vito was the headliner on a club show but still seems to be signed to the PBC promotional banner as he tweeted thanks to the PBC for this opportunity. Normally I don't like mismatches like this but staying active for a young prospect is the best thing for them as the skills to advance beyond this level are built in the gym and sitting around can also cause weight issues and sluggish performances similar to what we saw with Wilder in Saudi Arabia a week and half ago.

Truthman

Guru
This racist bitch's reaction after Fury-Wilder 3 shows what most blacks were thinking

Whiteathlete333

Hall of Famer
This racist bitch's reaction after Fury-Wilder 3 shows what most blacks were thinking
Another low iq retard.i used to think some were okay but after viewing world star hip hop and some other sites and seeing thousands of comments laughing at whites getting beaten and killed i changed my mind on that.

freedom1

Mentor
Yes. The stories about blacks perpetrating heinous crimes on whites is literally now in the thousands. What does it take to wake white people up from their brainwashing? I really don't know. I walk around kind of numb.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Miller was probably never the sharpest tool in the tool shed but at this point he has to be punchy with "mild" CTE.

It's an unsubstantiated rumor but I heard he grossed 4.8 million US for his whipping at the hands of Dubois. I don't know what he got his hands on because you would think even a moron like him could pay off a used Dodge truck with even 10 percent of the that purse. I suspect if his assets aren't frozen he will be able to wriggle his way out of this by paying off his debt for the truck and paying off the choked employee with a 6 figure settlement and court costs for the state of Florida dealing with the equivalent of a Grizzly on the prowl.

In actual boxing news Gurgen “Big Gug” Hovhannisyan was in action on Thursday and blew out his club fight opponent. I hope he actually starts taking his weight seriously as he was 278 and change and had a boiler that seemed larger than Miller's boiler at 330+ pounds. The big West Asian has talent but if he can't put down his fork out of training camp he won't get beyond B side bouts once his stamina is exposed by a boxer type.

Finally Joshua vs Wilder is toast so the fans will get Joshua vs Ngannou instead...https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/39249014/francis-ngannou-anthony-joshua-square-boxing-match

Last edited: