McCain picks Sarah Palin as running mate

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Can we actually do this on a ballot?

Sarah Palin for President

Wouldn't it be great if a significant percentage of voters really expressed their enthusiasm for Sarah Palin by writing her in at the top of the ticket?

Is she qualified?

You bet she is. In fact, she has more executive experience than McCain, Obama and Joe Biden combined. And the fact that she is the only one of the quartet who has not spent any time in Washington is another feather in her cap, as far as I am concerned.

So, that's what I plan to do.

I hope you will consider joining me in this campaign.

Why pretend? Why hold your nose?

Why should we wait for 2012 or 2016?

Let the good times roll now.

Sarah Palin for president in 2008.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Palin was campaigning in the area yesterday. For those who support her because she's a "true conservative," a few excerpts from two articles on her speech in today's paper:

The first one is headlined: "Palin Courts the Female Vote" and subheadlined: "Nominee focuses on women's issues in Henderson."

"Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin cast herself as the heir to feminism's legacy in her first visit to Southern Nevada on Tuesday, saying if Democrat Barack Obama were serious about respecting women, he would have chosen Hillary Clinton as his running mate. 'Our opponents think that they have the women's vote all locked up, which is a little presumptuous, since only our side has a woman on the ticket,' Palin said. . .

"With Palin on stage to drive home the feminist theme were Lynn Forester de Rothschild, a former member of the Democratic National Committee and former Clinton supporter; Elaine Lafferty, a former editor of Ms. magazine; and National Organization for Women officials from California and Oregon.

"Palin painted Obama's selection of a running mate as yet another instance of a male boss passing over a qualified female: 'The qualifications are there, but the promotion never comes.'"

From the second article: "Diehard conservatives in attendance must have been shocked to hear Palin embrace Title IX, which opened the door to equality for female athletes, and speak at length about achieving equal pay for equal work.. . Although Palin wove the usual conservative themes, and threw a few elbows at Obama, at times she sounded more like a feminist Democrat than a right wing hockey mom. . .

"After listening for 30 minutes to her promote feminist themes that have nothing to do with her party's political agenda, I came away wondering how effective she might have been had she had months instead of days to prepare for this sprint to November. If McCain had 10 percent of Palin's stage presence, he might be preparing for a trip to the White House instead of the off-Broadway production of 'Grumpy Old Men: Part IV'."

No wonderthe "conservative base" is"electrified" by her.
smiley29.gif

Solomon Kane

Mentor
Very interesting and revealing...the bottom line is that this "conservative" could not say no to being a heartbeat from the presidency, so she's more than willing to toe the progressive line on some issues--if that's what her handlers wish.

guest301

Hall of Famer
She's going for the Hillary vote and so she is kissing a little ass. I really don't mind. I suspect that Palin has little in common with Hillary and probably had little regard for her before Palin got nominated for VP. She has to play the game, I just hope she remembers who she is when this is all over because that is the Palin that social conservatives admire and she doesn't need to change that.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
in west hollywood, a resident has placed a mannequin of Sarah Palin hanging from a noose on his home. he and his "partner" say it is art and acceptable in the Halloween season.

they also admit that placing a dummy of Obama hanging from a noose would be completely unacceptable.
smiley5.gif

the link includes a video, which is worthwhile to watch. there are apparently lots of queers in west hollywood.
smiley5.gif
smiley36.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
in west hollywood, a resident has placed a mannequin of Sarah Palin hanging from a noose on his home. he and his "partner" say it is art and acceptable in the Halloween season.

they also admit that placing a dummy of Obama hanging from a noose would be completely unacceptable.
smiley5.gif

the link includes a video, which is worthwhile to watch. there are apparently lots of queers in west hollywood.
smiley5.gif
smiley36.gif

I have never seen any mainstream politician attacked with the vitriol and viciousness that Palin and her family has had to endure. I am sure she know on some level that it would be bad, but this bad?
If Obama loses this election, there are going to be alot of liberal white people who are going to be in a near suicidal depression and of course the inner city blacks will be rioting and looting.

Solomon Kane

Mentor
I like Palin much more than I like her main critics (whom I loathe, actually); but hey this is politics...if you can't stand the heat, lady.....You received a flurry of very positive press whenyou werefirst announced. Now that that has faded...you andyour supporters are whining "unfair". Is there some law of nature that the initial boost you gave the ticket had to continue? Lady, maybe you're just notas fascinating or as brilliant as you think you are.

Palin also has on her side the entirety of the right wing press, whoare quick to put out any fires started by her opponents. She has far more allies than Reagan or Goldwater ever did.

Despite the polls, McCain-Palin has a decent shot at a victory.

But whoever wins, McCain or Obama, the forces of evil will win.

It's all very saddening.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Who are these 'right wing press' in their entirety, Kane?

Solomon Kane

Mentor
White Shogun said:
Who are these 'right wing press' in their entirety, Kane?

I should use "media" rather than "press", but the list would include:

Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O' Reilly, Michael Savage, Mark Levin, Laura Ingraham, Bill Kristol, National Review, The Weekly Standard, Fox News, etc.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I don't consider FOX news part of the right wing press, I just think they look that way in comparison to pathetic operations like MSNBC, CNN , ABC, NBC and CBS. But I won't belabor the point. In addition to your list Solomon I think you could put in Matt Drudge,WorldNet Daily and Newsmax.com as being a more right leaning alternative media. The liberal networks still hold most of the power and means of manipulating people,they just don't have the monoply like they used to have, Thank God. That is until they try to shove the Fairness Doctrine down talk radio's throats again if Obama gets elected.