Matt Jones to Jax

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:
The situation is so bleak for Jones that maybe the best case for him would be to announce his retirement, get the Jaguars to give up his rights and come back next year for a team that will respect and use him correctly.

what will happen after this year, Jags will probably blame him for all their woes, and will try to trade him or will simply release him. which might be the best thing ever for Matt

Gonna be hard to do when he isn't even a starter. Last I read the Jags starting WR are Wilford and Dennis Northcutt (sp?).
smiley5.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I just moved to Jersey a couple weeks ago, for employment reasons, (God help me) and entered my cousins fantasy football league of 12 teams (draft was tonight). I took the first white WR off the board Kevin Curtis in the 8th round (and an Eagle fan goes damn...I was gonna take him!) He was about the 27th WR taken and even Reggie Brown, the Eagles other WR, was taken ahead of him.

However, I was surprised that Drew Bennett was off the board by the end of the ninth (Issac Bruce went undrafted..
smiley32.gif
) and that Furrey was off the board in the 11th and that Anthony Gonzalez and Wes Welker were picked.

Funny thing with the last pick in the draft the defending champ took Matt Jones (the only Jaguar WR drafted
smiley4.gif
) and said "for the upside, the dudes a freak of nature but can't seem to catch the ball." I was sitting next to him and responded..."wasn't really him he had two drops, one where he was sandwiched between two players and became a scapegoat for the Jags bad QB play." The dude said "while I hope your right buddy, maybe he'll become a white Randy Moss and be the steal of the draft." I laughed and said "Yeah he would, if he had Tom Brady throwing to him and Moss was in Jaguar town their roles would be reversed!"Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
I was surprised that Drew Bennett was off the board by the end of the ninth (Issac Bruce went undrafted)

Holt isn't 100%. I picked up Bennett as a free agent in one league I am in, I think Bennett will get more balls than Bruce if Holt goes down. There is a distinct possibility Bennett could be the leading WR on the Rams, wouldn't that be the sh*t??

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
WS, I meant that I was surprised considering the anti-white bias that exists in most fans mind. Considering this, I thought it was a pretty pro-white draft that I attended. Actually even Leonard was drafted in the second to last round (13). I got the sense that some other than me in this draft like to cheer for white players, but I'm guessing none of them know of this site or have the time for it. I think Drew Bennett could be awesome this year also if the Rams are fair and move Bruce to the slot and use Bennett as the number two. And if Holt is injured a few games Bennett should be the number one!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

IRONGUARD

Guru
Matt Jones needs to demand a trade. Into the 4th and NOTHING. This guy needs to be on a team were the brothers are not keeping him from succeding. Why do I feel that D Gerrard just simply does not want to throw to him?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
IRONGUARD said:
Matt Jones needs to demand a trade. Into the 4th and NOTHING. This guy needs to be on a team were the brothers are not keeping him from succeding. Why do I feel that D Gerrard just simply does not want to throw to him?

I watched portions of that game and you're right, Garrard would not look his way at all. He was wide open a couple times and still ignored. After one of those plays the announcers jumped on Jones, saying he was just "jogging." Yet he was somehow wide open. Jones is totally screwed on the Caste System's showcase franchise.Edited by: Don Wassall

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Jones is truly in a Catch-22. He probably knows they're not going to throw him the ball, but if he doesn't go all out every play he is going to pick up a reputation as a slacker.
I wonder how vilified he would be if he were to admit taking plays off?
smiley5.gif
Edited by: White Shogun

IRONGUARD

Guru
The brothers simply cant have a white man show them up. Matt is in a horrible position. I wonder what his best option is to get off of that team? It is obvious that he is being disciminated against by his own teammates.

Just as in the real world the bigest racist are always the darkest. Matt should simply refuse to play for them. Perhaps he is sick of the locker room racism and does not want to be there.

Skipperron

Guru
Game over and Matt Jones had no catches.

But glad to say Jax got beat. I hope they never win another game until Harris is gone and some white players get back on this sea of black.

backrow

Hall of Famer
he had two passes thrown to him, as far as i know, one in the end zone, which he came down with, but couldn't hold on with DB all over him.

devans

Mentor
http://www.fantasyinsights.com/fantasy/depth.asp
Doe not have Matt listed as a starter!

Jacksonville Jaguars
QB David Garrard Quinn Gray
RB Fred Taylor Maurice Jones-Drew
FB Greg Jones Montell Owens
WR1 Ernest Wilford Matt Jones
WR2 Dennis Northcutt Reggie Williams

Has he been dropped to 3rd or 4th receiver?

Damn the Jaguars. May they not sell out a single game this year!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jones was second on Jax in receiving yesterday with 3/36. Garrard threw to him a total of five times. Guess Del Rio ordered him to, considering his normal aversion to throwing to Matt.
smiley2.gif
It's not much but I was afraid Jones was going to be made inactivefor this game.

Don Wassall said:
Jones was second on Jax in receiving yesterday with 3/36. Garrard threw to him a total of five times. Guess Del Rio ordered him to, considering his normal aversion to throwing to Matt.
smiley2.gif
It's not much but I was afraid Jones was going to be made inactive for this game.
That's alright. How much action did he see?

Rise

Guru
Has Jack Del Rio elevated his caste status above Holmgren and Ried yet?

"Jaguars receiver Matt Jones was inactive for Monday night's game against the Indianapolis Colts, sitting out his second game this season.

Jones, a star quarterback at Arkansas, was listed as Jacksonville's third QB. But there was little chance he would play Monday night. Jones was inactive for Jacksonville's game at Denver earlier this season, a move that raised questions about his future with the franchise.

His agent, Alan Herman, criticized the decision and said he would seek a trade if it continued.

But Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio defended the move, even though he had earlier ripped Jones about his on-the-field body language.Del Rio indicated Jones takes plays off and pouts when he doesn't get the ball. "

yahoo

bigunreal

Mentor
But Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio defended the move, even though he had earlier ripped Jones about his on-the-field body language.Del Rio indicated Jones takes plays off and pouts when he doesn't get the ball. "

Yes, the NFL doesn't put with WRs who pout when they don't get the ball.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Guys, I think it's safe to say that MJ will not be in Blacksonville next season. I only hope he goes to a franchise with common sense (and a good / white QB) enough to play this amazingly gifted WR. Gee, I wonder what NFL teams have a sub-par WR corps??? I'd say everyone other than the Colts, Pats, Bengals and Cowboys.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i hope Matt doesn't get stuck there... not only will he be the white whipping boy for every imaginary offense he commits, he will never be able to show the phenomenal talent that he possesses.

Matt Jones is arguably the most physically gifted specimen to EVER PLAY IN THE NFL! yet he is cast aside because of white skin. it is sickening! he is 6-6, 230 pounds and runs a 4.3 40!

also, he is still in only his 3rd season as a wide receiver. even with that, in 2005 Matt ranked fifth among NFL rookies in yards, third in receptions and second in receiving touchdowns AND set a Jaguars rookie record with five receiving touchdowns.

last year (2006), in his second-ever season at receiver, Jones led the team in receiving yards and tied for the team lead in touchdown catches yet was somehow "the" problem with the franchise.

this is so ridiculous it defies description.

here is a YouTube Video of Matt in college that shows how AMAZING he is on the football field. and yes, he's doing this against the "superior afaletes" in the SEC... it's been linked before, but i know how "hard" it is for many of you to actually read a thread.
smiley2.gif
Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I've watched that video more than a few times, and shown it to more than a few people.I remember watching Arkansas games and seeing some of those plays as they happened. It's disgustingthe way"Black" Jack Del Rio has treated Jones. Why did they waste a first round draft pick on him given the way they've structured their otherwise all-black team???

It would be a terrible shame if Matt isn't given an opportunity by another team.If anyone is paying any attention to the Colts and Patriots, and how white receivers are excelling everywhere when they play, someone should do the obvious andgive Jonesa healthy environment and a fair opportunity in a system with a good throwing quarterback and they'll reap huge dividends.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Don, i think so too.

in fact, i am not hesitant to think that, given a good situation with a quality quarterback throwing to him, Matt Jones would lead the league in receiving yards and reeiving touchdowns.

he is that talented.

G

With a decent quarterback who actually throws to him, say, a guy with a rating above 80 who passes at Jones 6 times a game, he could go over 100 yards a game probably 8 times a year.

lightbulb

Jimmy Chitwood said:
Matt Jones is arguably the most physically gifted specimen to EVER PLAY IN THE NFL! yet he is cast aside because of white skin. it is sickening! he is 6-6, 230 pounds and runs a 4.3 40!

Matt Jones is a gifted athlete, who still is a project. But he's no better than the many other 'afletes' who drop passes. Just because a player is white and gets a shot in the league doesn't mean he should be the great hope for change. Wes Welker, Mike Furrey, and others are much more important to achieving progress than a converted QB. (which,. other than Randle El somewhat, hasn't worked.)

Although, with his speed, could he be an effective returner?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Drew Bennett was a college QB.

Why is Matt Jones still a "project"? Is the art of route running in the NFL far beyond his intellectual capacity to learn over a three year period? Many ifnot most of the receivers in the NFL still don't know to come back to the quarterback when he is flushed out of the pocket, or else knowto do sobut can't be bothered. NFL route running and finding open spaces in defenses is hardly rocket science. Plus Jonesknew a lot aboutthe wide receiver positionfrom his days directing Arkansas' offense.

Jones had thebest rookie season of any of thewide receivers drafted in the first round in 2005. He had a decent second season last year in spite of being injured and being on a team with a terrible passing offense. (Please, no impassioned Leftwich defenders; when an immobile pocket passercan't surpass 15 TD throws in a season even once, he stinks.)

This year Jones has been openly singled out and treated like a junkyard dog by Del Rio. He's become the scapegoat for the glaringly obvious passing deficiencies of the Jacksonville quarterbacks. He's not a project, he's a very gifted athlete with a very laid-back personality who needs to be placed with a team that will treat him with respect and give him an extended opportunity to play, much like Furrey and Welker thrived when finally given a positive atmosphere to play in.Edited by: Don Wassall

I could see Jones ending up in Dallas, there is another Jones there with Arkansas ties that probably would love to give him a shot. I'm thinking he goes in as the #3 and works his way into a starting role. That is of course if Jacksonville isn't trying to destroy his career and asks for more then they have made him worth.

bigunreal

Mentor
Sorry, don't think that good old boy Jerry Jones would go after a white WR like Jones. He was the first owner to truly stack his team with a ton of thug-type black players. The sad reality is that Matt Jones will become just another tragic example of the Caste System at work. He is, as I've stated, the poster child for the Caste System. If someone that big and that fast cannot play a skill position in the NFL, then no white player has a legitimate chance to.

Look at the derelicts Jacksonville plays ahead of Jones; career bust Dennis Northcutt, with hands of stone and no size or speed, the slowest starting WR in the past 20 years in Ernest Wilford and hands of stone, slow and underachieving Reggie Williams.