white is right

Hall of Famer
Shockingly enough he isn't *******...
smiley2.gif
Here is the story.....

Cobourg strongman sets world record by pulling 416,000 lb. airplane
BILL TREMBLAY / THE INDEPENDENT
Rev. Kevin Fast pulls 416,000 lb. plane
TRENTON -- Reverend Kevin Fast pulls a 416,299 pound CC-177 Globemaster at CFB Trenton on Thursday, Sept. 17. Rev. Fast pulled the plane 8.8 metres setting a new world record for Heaviest Aircraft Pulled by an Individual.
Map data ©2009 Tele Atlas - Terms of Use
Map
Satellite
Hybrid
Tools

* Smaller Text | Larger Text
* Email this Article
* Print this Page
* Report Typo or Correction

Sep 17, 2009 - 01:02 PM

By Bill Tremblay
Comments (0)

TRENTON -- Cobourg strongman Reverend Kevin Fast has set a new Guinness World Record for Heaviest Aircraft Pulled by an Individual.

The Cobourg resident pulled a 416,299 lb. CC-177 Globemaster 8.8 metres across the tarmac of CFB Trenton, on Thursday, Sept. 17. Rev. Fast broke the previous Australian record set in 1997 by David Huxley, who pulled a 412,000 pound Boeing 747-400. The Globemaster weighs 282,499 lbs. and was carrying about 133,000 lbs. of fuel.

"I still don't have the nerve to actually look that plane in the face,"Â￾ Rev. Fast said, after his record-setting feat.

Rev. Fast said he considered giving up three times during the pull, but his son kept telling him the plane was moving.

"I thought he was just bold face lying to me. With his encouragement, I kept going,"Â￾ Rev. Fast said. "It was risky. I pushed it even though I was wanting to give up."Â￾

To beat the previous record, Rev. Fast had to pull the plane five metres. He was able to break the record in one minute and 16 seconds, although a time limit was not set.

"This is the most amazing one I have ever seen,"Â￾ said Canadian record keeper Carey Low. "I mean look at the size of that plane. It's incredible."Â￾

Several other record seekers have attempted to defeat to 412,000 lb. pull set 12 years ago.

"This record has stood for a long time. It's a big deal to beat it,"Â￾ Mr. Low said.

Rev. Fast, 46, said he had trouble moving the Globemaster during test pulls.

"Today was a lot harder than I ever expected. It took me over a minute to pull five metres. That's pretty slow,"Â￾ he said.

CFB Trenton Wing Commander Colonel Russ Williams said the Canadian Forces was pleased to accommodate the reverend's request to pull the Globemaster.

"It's good for us. It's good for the Air Force and it's good for the local community,"Â￾ Col. Williams said. "It's a very nice fit."Â￾

The Canadian Forces provided the first CC-117 aircraft acquired by the Air Force for the record attempt.

"I think it is fitting that the first pull of the C-17 was done with Canada's first,"Â￾ Col. Williams said.

The Heaviest Aircraft Pulled by an Individual record is Rev. Fast's ninth world record set since 1998. He said his technique of staying low is the secret to his success. The Lutheran preacher went through two months of dedicated training before attempting to pull the Globemaster.

"I train meticulously. I practice meticulously. I know everything that needs to go on,"Â￾ Rev. Fast said. "The mental part is the absolute overriding factor. It's total mind over matter."Â￾

Rev. Fast said he has yet to decide which the next record, if any, he will attempt to set.

"I'm getting old and feeble. We'll see if there is anything left for me in the future,"Â￾ he said. "I noticed there is an even bigger plane on the other side. I think I might give that a go."Â￾

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Thanks WiR! Another example of incredible power by the White man! I'm sure Dr./Rev. Fast is also a kind, humble man as well.