Luke Shaffer - 2011 RB

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Luke Shaffer's highlights are amazing. His 40 time is 4.4. Luke's fastest 40 is 4.37! He has some serious speed. He has a 33 inch vertical, and a 4.2 shuttle time. Luke will be a beast in college one day. I encourage you to watch his highlights. He has interest from Cincinnati, Penn State, Rutgers, Pittsburgh, UConn, and Oregon. No offers yet, but that should change.

Here is his Rival's Profile.

JReb1

Mentor
He looks good, I left a comment since there's already a hater on his video.

SCOUT

I checked out his highlights,, he is the real deal. 4.3/4.4 speed, elusive ,catches the ball and returns kicks and punts, could also play any db position.

5'11' 195lb
3.6gpa
4.4 forty sanctioned by rivals
36.5 vertical jump sanctioned by NIKE SPARQ COMBINE
4.2 SHUTTLE sanctioned by nike
benced 155 38 times rivals.com combine

Here are his amazing highlights.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtqQc_SLj2Y[/url]

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Wow, D3,not very encouraging! I was hoping for better news. With those measureables and GPA, I'm kind of wondering what happened? Injury, bad team, what else and or a combination of things. With that GPA, wouldn't be better to go to D-1 or FCS and try to walk on? Unless money was a problem, but do they give money at D-3 schools?

Thanks.

TwentyTwo

Master
I posted Shaffer going to Northwood in the National Signing Day thread a few weeks ago...but also wondering what happened to Cale Sharp & Kyle Karempelis??

But then again...If Nile Knapp can go to Lindenwood & Dillon Romain can be the only NJ Gatorade Player of the Year not to get a D1 scholarship I guess anything is possible?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Seeing this kid screwed is another one that is tough to swallow for me. I still haven't gotten over Nile Knapp from last year. It's always most sad to see the elite talents get screwed. I think this kid has it.

When it's guys like Kyle Vorster or Reid Fitzgerald I can get past their snubbing pretty quickly, but when it's guys like this it really stings.

cshaffer

Luke is attending a D2 GLIAC Conference school, Northwood University. He just finished up his senior season in high school, no injuries and made it to PIAA states for track for one of the five fastest 100 meter runners in Western Pennsylvania. He received a full scholarship for football and track from Northwood University.He's a white running back and ran a 4.3 in the Toledo, Cinnicinatti, Ohio State, Ohio, and Pitt camps. No takers! Their Freakin Loss!!!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the update cshaffer. I wish Luke the best of luck, and I'm sure he's going to tear it up at Northwood. Besides, the full scholarship for football and track is tough to pass up in these trying times. I'll look forward to seeing him play!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Looking back at my previous post, this kid must have tremendous talent. This is very sad to see another elite white RB get screwed.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Not all is lost though. If he dominates, he could still get noticed by the NFL. And he can always transfer to a D I school, if a scholarship offer becomes available due to dominating D II football. Scholarship money (and feeling wanted) is hard to pass up to walk-on at some D I school that may never play you.