Los Mets

nj816

Being a NY Met fan my whole life, it has become increasingly difficult to remain one given the current makeup of the team that has been orchestrated by Omar "Papi" Minaya.

What I find most offensive is the number of Latin scrubs (Jose Valentin, Endy Chavez, Anderson Hernandez Julio Franco, Jorge Julio) that he has brought in this year.

The Benson for Julio trade has got be one of the biggest joke trades in recent time and reeks of racism. Although the media here wants all to believe this was solely brought about by Anna Benson's transgressions. Obtaining a used condom for Benson would have been a better deal

Had a white G.M. purged his team of Latin or black players in favor of marginal white players, the media crucifixion would be unrelenting.

But of course this is New York where the liberal media is all but ready to annoit Minaya a genius given the METS 10-2 start and embrace the Latin flavor of the team has being great for the City of New York.

I try to find some solace in the fact that the white players on this team (David Wright, Paul Lo Duca, Xavier Nady, Tom Glavine, Brian Bannister, Steve Trachsel & Billy Wagner) are at the forefront of the team's success thus far this year.

But with the Zambrano for Kazmir & Julio for Benson trades already under his belt, how much longer will it be before we see Minaya trade David Wright for Miguel Cairo.
smiley2.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Both New York teams offer pretty thin gruel to cheer for. The Mets are the poster boys for MLB's drive to replace whites with hispanics and Asians.

GWTJ

Mentor
The Mets have a new theme song to go with their new image. It is a rap song and gets played at every home game. The song is truly the pits. I heard it on "The Fan" when a caller told "Mike and the Mad Dog" about it. It's like they are following the lead of the NBA with their promotions. If you watch a game on TV, the camera always seems to show this one particular billboard for "Banco Popular". Of course, almost all the fans at the games are white. Thankfully, the Mets will never get even one dollar of my money.