Kyle Shanahan

M

mattgianone

Shanahan is a 5'10" ,190 lb athlete from Burke, Virginia. He is the son of Kyle Shanahan sr. the Offensive Coodinator for the Redskins. He is a class of 2013 prospect and according to Rivals he already runs in the 4.4 range and is projecting as a cornerback. Its kind of funny how NFl coaches sons seem to be very good football players. I know the Eagles coach Andy Reid has a son ( Spencer ) who is a true freshman tailback at Temple. I wonder if they wouldint get a sniff recruiting wise if there fathers werent who they were. Also look at the Kubiak family and McCaffrey family as well. They both have sons going into or are playing D 1 football.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Shanahan is a 5'10" ,190 lb athlete from Burke, Virginia. He is the son of Kyle Shanahan sr. the Offensive Coodinator for the Redskins. He is a class of 2013 prospect and according to Rivals he already runs in the 4.4 range and is projecting as a cornerback. Its kind of funny how NFl coaches sons seem to be very good football players. I know the Eagles coach Andy Reid has a son ( Spencer ) who is a true freshman tailback at Temple. I wonder if they wouldint get a sniff recruiting wise if there fathers werent who they were. Also look at the Kubiak family and McCaffrey family as well. They both have sons going into or are playing D 1 football.

Good point. The "recruiting" industry (more like the United Negro College Fund affiliates) base their rankings (when it comes to white players and to a much lesser extent black players) largely on hype and public perception. It is about the money, public perception, marketing and politics more than ability.

Jake Sharp and Hunter Furr are examples of VERY FAST prospects that got DI schoolarships as tailbacks (or HB/FB hybrids in Furr's case- although other schools offered at tailback). Their 100 meter speed was ridiculously good and they were very productive backs in H.S. It made it less taboo for whiterivals to rank them high as Athletes or Tailbacks. Where else would they have really put Sharp at his size and with his H.S resume unless they are going to push for a conversion of EVERY SINGLE WHITE TAILBACK IN HISTORY to slot WR or safety (which they just about do and still DWFs don't see the agenda).

What about Skyler Jessen, Michael Campanaro or Dan Dierking? None of these guys are close to as good as Nile Knapp as tailback prospects when you look at the entire picture. They are far behind Marc Mauro and John Howell as well.

Hense, the first three got DI offers at tailback and were actually ranked high enough to be found by an average fan in Rivals' database which is an EXTREME RARITY FOR WHITE RIVALS.

Jake Sharp and Hunter Furr are not as good as the aforementioned whites either. Sharp still had an upside of turning into a Leon Washington type in the NFL. Not sure of a comparison for Furr in the NFL (although when looking at his H.S resume, I think he could be a roster worthy RB).

Although Cam McDaniel and Brandon Bourbon have serious ability I doubt either will be as high impact players as the aforementioned unrecruited trio could have been either.

Dan Dierking is another case of being the son of a father who played in the NFL. His father was an NFL FB I believe, although I can't remember what team he played for. Hense the hype was there.

Right now our best shot at getting another elite white NFL tailback is Rex Burkhead. Sam McGuffie might excel and become an elite third down RB or split carry scatback in the NFL, but I'm worried about the WR position switch push. With Zach Line the push will be to make him a FB.

Last edited:
M

mattgianone

As much as we know Furr and Sharp got screwed I think Steve Manfro from UCLA and Cam McDaniel have a chance to shine down the road. Im still trying to figure out why Robbie Frey transferred from UCONN and we lost Shakerin to concussions. At least Furr is transferring and I know Bourbon is an elite rb prospect but I just never really got into his tapes that much. He looked kind of slow and his vision wasnt great. I still think this Brent Oneal kid from Florida is going to be special. How he is not a top 10 rb prospect can only be answered by that obvious lack of melanin.