Kovalev V Ward

white is right

Hall of Famer
Now I know how someone feels when a cyber scammer cleans out their bank account and it's the moment that they realize they only have 3 cents in the account. This is probably the worst decision in recent years. It's not various Don King robberies bad but wow, Kovalev would have needed a baseball in the ring to win the decision. He was so far ahead I could have seen his corner telling him to coast in the last few rounds.

Ambrose

Master
I see on BSPN that Dan Rafael scored it 115-112 for Kovalev.

I don't know how he even had it that close. Land landed a handfull of clean punches and tsome crap off the clinches but that's about it. He made Kovalev miss but that doesn't count for points. Kovalev landed his straight shots down the middle and controlled the ring and controlled Ward. This was one of those great heists will talk about for years to come.

Ambrose

Master
Now I know someone feels when a cyber scammer cleans out your bank account and it's the moment that you realize you only 3 cents in the account. This is probably the worst decision in recent years. It's not various Don King robberies bad but wow, Kovalev would have needed a baseball in the ring to win the decision. He was so far ahead I could have seen his corner telling him to coast in the last few rounds.

Agreed. Kovalev basically beat the chit out of Ward.

Ambrose

Master

Ambrose

Master
A rematch will be very difficult to negotiate with this little prick Ward. He'll try to dictate everything. Maybe Sergei can get a Russian promoter to win a purse bid. Who knows? But without winning a purse bid he'll get destroyed by the judges once again if he doesn't kill him in the ring.

Ambrose

Master
Kovalev now has to destroy a pile of fighters again to get a rematch. The trouble is he will be very difficult to match up with because he doesn't have the belts anymore. If Ward doesn't vacate all the belts, he has to work himself back into mandatory position. And we know the boxing organizations are going to try to get him to wear himself out fighting everyone before he can have a chance at winning them again.

Ambrose

Master
We knew he had to knock the bum out to win in Las Vegas. We all knew that.

That's true. It was stated earlier in this thread. We have it in writing. We all knew Mayweather Weasel's pals would be at it again.

BUT IT STILL PISSES US OFF!!

Ambrose

Master
Was there a rematch clause? The champion usually has one in the contract.

Yes, it is reported that he does. But these things aren't set in stone. Ward could weasel out in so many ways.

Ambrose

Master
Russia should refuse to recognize the decision and u r exactly right u need to be nuts to ever bring a fighter to the USSA's crookedest city Las Vegas.

A challenger is supposed to take the fight from the champ. How do u do that by backing away all night and clinching and wrestling all night and getting knocked down in a round making that round 10-8 and looking like a bloody mess while the champ looks like new, and even their Punchstat numbers had K ahead in punches landed and power punches landed!?

Exactly. The common rule is you have to beat the champion to be the champion. Nervously twitching and squirming to try to save yourself from a knockout is not beating the champion. Disgusting.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Also I recall Kellerman at his jock sniffing best suggested that the judges felt Ward had the momentum down the stretch, true he did to a point(I thought Kovalev blunted by taking a few timely rounds down the stretch) and they were swayed by the momentum to score the fight for Ward. This is a false narrative as the scorecards are submitted after every round and are scored as separate events that form a running total. Also Kellerman hinted about potential hankey pankey when he stated that he felt Ward won some early rounds which were pretty much shutout rounds for Kovalev.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
I wuz arguing with them on BoxRec forum:

"Since Ward got the W there'll be no rematch unless it's in Oakland. I can pretty well guarantee you that."

Ward got no W. Three Las Vegas mafia judges said he did that's all. Russia should refuse to recognize it. The corrupt western boxing outfits have been messing with Russia for long enough now, like another crooked LV mafia outfit, Judge Goodman's (Ne) VADA drug testing racket and all that BS about Povetkin. What I would like to see is a lot of countries break away from all this las vegas boxing crookedness and form their own system, Russia, eastern Europe, and the rest of the BRIC countries.

Ambrose

Master
Checked Eastside and all the posters there are disgusted with the decision. Some said it was the worst robbery they've ever seen. I figured there might be some Ward defenders but I couldn't find one in thirty something posts.

Sometimes it's so obvious even the car washers have to admit it.