Klitschko-Brewster II in the works!!!!!

Shelly Finkel, Klitschko's adviser, told ESPN.com that he is in discussions with Brewster adviser Al Haymon about putting the fight together, probably in July or early August, although Klitschko would prefer to go in June.

The fight would probably take place in Germany, and Finkel said both sides are very interested in getting it done. HBO also likes the fight.

"Wladimir wants to avenge the loss that he had, which still bothers him," Finkel said. "And there are very few worthy opponents out there. Brewster, obviously, is a worthy opponent."

Said Bernd Boente, Klitschko's manager, "We would love a unification fight, but you know how difficult boxing politics are. The rematch with Lamon Brewster is a fight the public wants to see. I think it's the next best fight after Klitschko-Valuev in the heavyweight division."

Klitschko-Brewster II is a compelling fight because of their history. Brewster (33-3, 29 KOs) was a big underdog when he stopped Klitschko in the fifth round April 10, 2004, in Las Vegas to win a vacant belt.

Klitschko (48-3, 43 KOs) had dished out a serious beating for four rounds until running out of gas against Brewster, who showed enormous heart to rally in the fifth and stop Klitschko.

Brewster would go on to make three defenses until losing a decision to Sergei Liakhovich April 1, 2006, in the best heavyweight fight of the year.

Although he hasn't fought since because of an eye injury suffered against Liakhovich, Brewster has put it behind him and is back in camp training with Buddy McGirt while awaiting a fight.

Klitschko wants to face his rival again.

"I would love to get the rematch with Brewster," Klitschko said. "This defeat is still a thorn in my side. I think this would be a huge event and definitely one of those few fights the boxing fans around the world would love to see. I know that Lamon is a very dangerous opponent, and he has lost his title only because of the eye injury he suffered in his last fight."

"Brewster could fight a million people and it's nothing. Brewster fighting Wladimir again is major."
-- Emanuel Steward, trainer for Wladimir Klitschko
A rematch with Klitschko is easily Brewster's biggest money fight. It's also a relatively easy deal to make because Brewster is a promotional free agent following a split with Don King, whose endless battles with Finkel make deal-making between them extremely difficult. The only reason the match with Austin -- a King fighter -- came off with so few issues is because it was mandatory.

Klitschko trainer Emanuel Steward also hopes the rematch with Brewster is made.

"That's the fight I want more than any other for Wladimir," Steward said. "I told Wladimir, 'Brewster's only important if he fights you. He has spent the past few years living off that fight with you. We need this fight, Wladimir.' Brewster could fight a million people and it's nothing. Brewster fighting Wladimir again is major. If Wladimir can't fight a unification fight, which is what he really wants, then Brewster would be perfect because everywhere I go people still always say that Wladimir has no chin, no heart, no stamina -- all because of that fight.

"That's the Wladimir fight people remember. They don't remember him beating Samuel Peter or knocking out Chris Byrd and Calvin Brock. No, they remember him getting stopped by Brewster."

The first Brewster fight was Steward's first in the corner with Klitschko, so he would like to erase it from his mind as well.

"I have been pushing for that fight," Steward said. "A rematch is good for boxing and good for Wladimir and Lamon. It's a big fight because of the history of the first fight. If you're Brewster, what other fight makes sense for you, anyway? He's known as the guy who knocked out Wladimir Klitschko."

Wladimir Klitschko will destroy Brewster this time around with EASE.He won't be drugged like in the first fight with brewster a few years back.

Wlad tko inside 3 roundsEdited by: onewarrior5

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
This is great news. There is no matchup I would sooner see than this one.
smiley4.gif

Interestingly, Brewster's name is #3 in the IBF rankings(below the defeated # 2 Austin) so maybe he will be considered Wlad's next mandatory.

Later in the fall, maybe we'll see Wlad in a unification match. If Chagaev beats Valuev or Ibragimov beats Briggs, Don King will no longer be able to stand in the way.
Edited by: JD1986

Maple Leaf

Mentor
If this fight takes place, Klitschko will be more determined than ever before but at the same time more relaxed, more mature.

When Klitschko signed to fight Peter a chorus of detractors and poison dart throwers jumped out from behind their sh*thouses to take shots at Klitschko and tell anyone who would listen that he was commiting suicide and was sure to loose. Their logic was that if he couldn't handle Brewster's power he certainly had no chance against that perennial 25 year old Peter. Well Peter looked amateurish throughout most of that fight and couldn't get past Klitschko's jab.

Expect Klitschko to use his elite lateral movement, like a matador, and side step Brewster's hooking-rushes, while constantly spearing Brewster with his jab. As Brewster tires and bleeds and pants and makes frequent stops and starts, frustratingly looking for Klitschko, he will be struck with a thunderbolt right between the eyes and collapse. He then will stand up, break dance, and tackle the canvas again...

What a wicked thing to do...to hate Klitschko like they do.

Hockaday

Guru
Yeah, they should make this match and if Madame President for Life of the I Be Funny club Bertha Butts Muhummed or whatever her name is objects they should just tell her to get more lost. I got a feeling she'll be okay with it though if they kick her a little extra under the table.

Good payday for Lamon, who always comes to fight, and he could get right back in thick of things. I'm sure Vlad wants this one bad, but when he wins I'm sure many will say Lamon was past his prime, yadda yadda yadda.

I'm just afraid this will be pay-per-view.

Edited by: Hockaday

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
According to several website sources, Wlad vs. Brewster II has been confirmed for July 7! It's now on BoxRec's schedule as well as boxrec.com.ua schedule.

smiley4.gif

I can hardly wait for this - I wish I could go to Germany to watch it!

PitBull

Guru
Does anyone but me see something a bit odd in all this? Klitschko wants
to fight other beltholders, Maskaev, Valuev, or Briggs, but instead gets
another black contender? Same for Maskaev. Valuev, Don King's champ,
gets a white contender to knock off.

Attempt after attempt is made to knock the white champs off with a black
fighter, while the weakest (Don King) heavyweight champ (imo) gets fed
other whites to beat.

It'll be interesting to see how Briggs is dealt with. So far he has been able
to delay defending his belt. I wonder if this will be one of those times
where he keeps the challengers are bay for long time with a series of
injuries while the Finkels and Hershes of the world try to unseat the other
white belt holders with a black, and then go for unification bouts to
eliminate the other white champs.Edited by: PitBull

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
PittBull, Ibragimov is going to annihilate Briggs on June 2, unless the fight is delayed again. You're right about Briggs being the weakest champion, this will be revealed on June 2 when Ibragimov wins by KO.

freedom1

Mentor
Klitschko-Brewster 2 Official

New York, April 16â€â€￾Wladimir Klitschko, the IBF and IBO world heavyweight titlist, will defend his belts against former world champion Lamon Brewster in "The Rematch" on July 7 at the 20,000-seat Cologne Arena in Cologne, Germany, it was announced by K2 Promotions.

In their first battle for the WBO championship, Brewster won the title with a fifth round technical knockout on April 10, 2004 in Las Vegas. The dramatic battle was stopped between the fifth and sixth rounds, after Klitschko had knocked down Brewster in the fourth round, but was saved by the bell. Brewster recovered and went on to score a spectacular win to take the title.

"This chance for revenge against Lamon Brewster is a dream come true," said the 31-year old Klitschko. "He is without a doubt an extremely dangerous opponent, but I always hoped for chance to redeem myself. In the first fight, three years ago, I ran out of gas for some still unknown reason that I still can't explain. But I am very happy to get back into the ring with Brewster."

"I will knockout Klitschko again," said Brewster, "and then no one will be able to say that the first win was a fluke. As fans saw in my knockout win over Luan Krasniqi in 2006, I have no problem fighting in Germany, and am happy to return there."

Klitschko, a native of Kiev, Ukraine, has a ring record of 48-3, with 43 victories coming by way of knockout. Brewster is 33-3, with 29 KO's, so the title bout is a true battle of knockout artists. Brewster was the WBO heavyweight champ from 2004-2006. Wladimir Klitschko captured Olympic gold in the heavyweight division in 1996 in Atlanta, and is the current IBF and IBO world heavyweight champion.

HBO World Championship Boxing will broadcast live from Germany at 5:00 PM/ET and 2:00 PM/PT, and replayed 10:30 PM/ET/PT.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I can't wait to see Wladimir just knock the crap out of Lamon Brewster.They are not even in the same league.It's a joke that Brewster won the first fight.You could clearly see that Wladimir was out of it even before the onslaught.All I know is that they say that payback is a bitch! Lamon will wish he didn't step back in the ring with Wlad.All great champions avenge their losses and now Wladimir will too!Klitscko by KO!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Wlad is looking like a Greek statue in recent pics. Reports say he was very hard on his sparring partners this camp. Look for a career-defining performance Saturday from the baddest man on the planet.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I saw some pre-fight photos of Wlad and he had a different look in his eyes than I've seen before, a look of anger and determination. Brewster is going to have a sore head for a long time after Wlad gets through with him!

Prediction: Wlad will win by KO, 3rd to 5th round.Edited by: JD1986

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Just so you guys know, this fight doesn't come on at the regular time. The fight will be broadcast live on HBO at 5 PM EST. So don't make any plans for Saturday afternoon!

white is right

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Just so you guys know, this fight doesn't come on at the regular time. The fight will be broadcast live on HBO at 5 PM EST. So don't make any plans for Saturday afternoon!
The live broadcast starts at 5PM but it's rebroadcast at 10PM EST too. So for the guys that have stuff to do during the day they can see it at night. Funny but the rebroadcast will get a higher rating....
smiley36.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
You're right about the rebroadcast, but I don't want to risk hearing the results before I see it for myself. I can't stay off the net all day and I know it will be on the headlines of some site I visit every day somewhere.
smiley2.gif

Edited by: White Shogun

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
For some odd reason, I'm not very worried about Wlad in the fight. Perhaps it's because although he was technically "defeated" by Brewster before, I think we all know that Wlad wore him down / did whatever he wanted / knocked Brewster down easily. He dominated Lamon in an embarrassing way until his infamous "fatigue problem." I mean, my God, he was barely hit with anything...he simply looked sick and quite disoriented, not hurt by the punches he was taking. Brewster is a good boxer, who's strong and can take a punch a little better than Klitschko....but Wladimir is rapidly shedding the image of a boxer who's an amazingly big and strong specimen, to simply an incredibly gifted heavyweight. Honestly, if he wins this fight with relative ease, I would say that he's finally put all the pieces together and beaten the right heavyweights to be called the true champion the past decade. Face it, the American heavyweights of the past ten years couldnt fight with Wlad, they were too small. Lennox would have been his only competition.

You're right JD, I saw the photos of him as well....he barely smiled once. He's normally the kindest person anyone could meet. He knows something VERY fishy happened to him the night he lost to Brewster, and he knows full well the suffering he and his boxing career went through because of it....

Wlad KO's Brewster in the late 8th round and gets an emotional win, the one he should have gotten 3 years ago...Edited by: Thrashen

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I agree with you, Thrashen. I hope I'm not overlooking something, like underestimating Brewster, but I see Wlad winning this one by savage beat down. I think it's going to be ugly.

As long as they keep people out of his dressing room and corner during the fight, that is. I imagine they're security must be TIGHT right now.

I still remember watching this fight and telling my friends, something is wrong with Wlad. He looked sick before Brewster ever hit him. I said he looked like he was suffering from heat exhaustion at the time, but whatever it was, it wasn't normal.

JD074

Master
I just saw the first Klitschko/ Brewster fight on Youtube again, and Wlad actually knocked him down twice in the fourth; he didn't get credit for the first one. Also, he was doing well for the first half of the fifth, before getting totally exhausted. Edited by: JD074

Maple Leaf

Mentor
W. Shogun: Vitali will be Wlad's security and will work his corner as well, keeping an eye on everyone and everything.

This fight should go down as planned. Wlad. spears Brewster with his jab AT WILL and crashes Brewster's face with his right. Brewster is worse than he was since they last fought and Wlad is better.

If Brewster's plan is to block punches with his face until Wlad gets tired it is not going to work. I predict a slaughter for Wlad and a trip to the hospital for Brewster. Mid rounds. And I'm being serious.

ironfist

Guru
JD074 said:
I just saw the first Klitschko/ Brewster fight on Youtube again, and Wlad actually knocked him down twice in the fourth; he didn't get credit for the first one. Also, he actually was doing well for the first half of the fifth, before getting totally exhausted.

Wlad did not punch himself out. Wlad was drugged by a shady ass ****** named Don King.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Wlad did not punch himself out. Wlad was drugged by a shady ass ****** named Don King.[/QUOTE]

I've watched it now several times and Wlad DOES appear to be drugged.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Wlad will make Layman look like he's had too many Brewsters during the fight. Layman will be drunk from taking too many jabs, straight rights and a couple of left hooks. It will be won by a knock-out. Don't look for the prognostacators to give Wlad any credit. They will claim that Layman has fought too many " great" battles and he's just a shell of his former self.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Here's another confidence boost for our guy: Buddy McGirt is training Lamon Brewster. I have never seen a McGirt-trained fighter win a big fight. This guy might be the worst trainer in boxing.

In a side note, I once saw McGirt's list of the top 10 heavyweights of all time. It did not contain one white fighter. Even the Caste geeks usually include Marciano, Dempsey, Sullivan and sometimes Tunney and Jeffries. Maybe after his boy gets spanked tomorrow he will find room for Wlad on his top 10 list
smiley2.gif

JD074

Master
ironfist said:
Wlad did not punch himself out. Wlad was drugged by a shady ass ****** named Don King.

It was strange how quickly he imploded. He looked fine in the fourth. When he sat down on the stool after the fourth, he had a weary look on his face. Then he came out in the fifth and was clearly tired, but still fought well. It only took about a minute to go from dominating the fight to losing the fight.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The expressions on Wlad's face and his body movements are more like that of a drugged person than a tired or beaten-up boxer. He looked great in the 11th and 12th rounds against Peter - why would he tire to that extent in the 5th round of the Brewster fight?