Jose Juan Barea

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
The little guy, who has somehow been labeled a poor athlete, is becoming a productive scorer off the bench for the Mavs. He is basically playing a SG type role at 5'11 or 6 foot. He is one to watch for sure as an opponent of the caste system.

guest301

Hall of Famer
JJ Barea will be getting more playing time with the loss of Jason Terry for a few weeks due to a broken hand. Barea may be the quickest guy on the team and so the "poor athlete" tag is lost on me.

j41181

Master
JJ Barea is one of the biggest surprises of the season! The white Puerto Rican has given Dallas another potent scorer and playmaker. Still very young, he should become one of the best white point guards in the future. He has also given Dallas another significant white presence.

Today he just played great against Deron Williamns in a 130-101 Dallas victory over Utah:

18 points (6-8 FG's, 2-3 3pt's, 4-4 FT's)
1 rebounds
9 assists

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This guy is fun to watch. He can really stroke the three as well. Now is only Dallas could bring it some help for Dirk with either Biedrens or David Lee. Then we would really be talking.

j41181

Master
I am mighty impressed this dude. The white Puerto Rican is having a breakout year and this is no exception:

10 points (3-9 FG's, 1-2 3pt's, 3-4 FT's)
5 rebounds
5 assists
1 steal

He is one of several white heir apparents to the great Steve Nash, others are:

Kirk Hinrich
Jose Manuel Calderon
Beno Udrih
Steve Blake (this guy is much than most think)

j41181

Master
It safe to say Barea is well on his way to NBA respectability. Not only has he been starting, he's also producing. He's also learning a lot from Jason Kidd. He's going to become a solid point guard, All-Star is another thing. He and Beno Udrih are the 2 best young white guards of the NBA right now.

17 points (7-13 FG's, 1-2 3pt's, 2-2 FT's)
1 rebound
3 assists
1 steal

icsept

Master
Barea emabarrassed the Lakers. He is a one of a kind small White player in the NBA. There are thousands of White guys in America who have the same body type and skill set of a JJ Barea who would never even be considered for a D-1 scholarship, much less get a sniff of the NBA. I hope Barea's career continues to improve and opens up the door for the next Bob Cousy, Scott Brooks or Mark Price that would otherwise be relegated to dominating intramurals and rec leagues.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Barea is unbelievably explosive. He's sort of like fellow 5'10 white baller Ben Woodside who got screwed by the NBA. He's sort of a combo guard (even though he's 5'10 and 5/8 inches) b/c he's just as good a scorer as passer. Pretty impressive prospect as a scorer and passer, but if he got starter's minutes I'd say he'd still be not quite at all-star level. Still, if I was an NBA coach- I'd covet a guy like him to have as my 2nd or 3rd best player in my starting lineup...that would mean my team's in good shape.

Caste NBAdraft.net compared an underrated, but limited white athlete, (might of been guard Jared Jordan?) to Barea.
smiley7.gif
They scored the prospect they compared Barea to as a 6 out of 10 in quickness and athleticism, (which is about as low a score as their prospect listings go). How ridiculous!
smiley11.gif

JJ Barea should help Jimmer Fredette. Jimmer is taller, stronger, and a better shooter.
Barea is a great player off the bench, even though he is playing with a small backcourt along with Jason Terry.

Barea is a guard who can score and pass/dribble. I think Jimmer will be better.

JJ, Peja, Dirk, Kidd, and Terry are playing great basketball right now. They ran a clinic in Game 4.
A bunch of players who know what they are supposed to do.

JJ might help Ben Hansbrough too. I see a lot of similarities.

The league has had short guys who thrived before like Spud Webb, Muggsy Bogues, and Earl Boykins.Good to see JJ getting his chance.In certain situations Barea is a matchup nightmare and he made the most of it against LA.

j41181

Master
JJ Barea's girlfriend...

zuleyka-rivera.jpg

Zulyeka Rivera, 2006 Miss Universe (Puerto Rico)

Not bad, but certainly better than Dirk's taste. It hasn't been officially confirmed that Dirk has a new girlfriend, considering the trauma he endured back in 2009 with that "woman." He's become more private about his personal life (better that way).

Let me just say, if Dirk does ever have new woman, I hope she's as respectable looking (and decent) as this one.