John Lynch

Bart

Hall of Famer
Did anyone see the play causing Lynch's broken tail bone?A friend just asked me about it but I never saw it so can't comment.Was the hit similar to what Sappdid toChad Clifton? It could be he has a valid complaint but unless I'm mistaken he didn't have anything negative to say when his porcine teammate Warren Sapp blindsided Clifton.

AP: Denver's veteran safety went down after being hit in the side by Falcons receiver Brian Finneran in Sunday's 41-28 loss. After trainers helped him up, Lynch walked toward the Atlanta huddle and started yelling at the Falcons.

He wasn't available after the game, but several Broncos said Lynch felt Finneran's block was a cheap shot.

Denver coach Mike Shanahan said the block appeared legal, "but it was one of those blindside shots that kind of catches you off guard."

I don't think etiquette and football really go together - but there's a code of conduct," Lynch said. "Thirty yards away from the ball, I don't think that's necessary."

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I've never heard ofFinneran doing anything maliciouslike that. It was probably easier for Lynch to take out his anger on a white opponent.

One of the most unfortunate accidental injuries in recent years is when Mike Alstotthit teammate Joe Jurevicius, causing the serious knee injury that basically waylaid Joe's career for two seasons right as he was becoming a star.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I totally agree.Lynch would never do that do anyone!
It happened by chance.John Lynch is a superstar with
a brain.Trust me!!He would never hurt anyone on purpose!