white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is a link to an article about Lumsdens workout
for the nfl teams.He really did outstanding and turned
heads with his speed.There is alot of talk about him
being drafted now and getting a shot at running back
in the nfl.This is outstanding news!
smiley32.gif

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/L AC/20050329/LUMSDEN29/TPSports/Football

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This kid is the same size or bigger than Luke Staley.I
want him to pave the way like Staley should have.Lumsden
has an edge to him.He is extremley confident and that
is essential to be a star running back.He is also a very
big guy with track speed!Not since Luke have I been this
excited about a running backs potential.It says in the
second article that he posted personal bests in a couple
of events.I know his speed was incredible.The funny thing
is that NFL.Com has nothing about the workouts even
taking place.What is that crap all about.They will do
anything to keep a white running back down!This kid is
for real.Please,someone draft this kid and play him.Give
him time to develop!!Wake up NFL!!!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The times he ran were done going against the wind.He
ran a 4.45 - 4.5 against the wind.That tells me that
he is a legit 4.4 guy!How many guys that big can move
that fast.I see alot of teams possibly stepping up to
the table now that they see he can run.He has always
had the size and power.What more do they want?

bigunreal

Mentor
The NFL Network is just now running a story about Maurice Clarett's
latest workout, which it lauded as "much better" than his dismal
earlier peformance. They are still trying to tout this slow, plodding
guy as a potential NFL RB. Combined with his off-field issues, no
rational G.M. would consider giving Clarett a second look. Compare him
with Lumsden; he is slower, less productive and has character problems.
Yet, who do you think will be drafted earlier, and given more of a
chance to play RB in the NFL? Of course, that question is
rhetorical.

cxt7

Guru
It is stupid for NFL scouts and others around the NFL to consider Clarett as a rb he is a fullback he weighs 240lbs, and the last time I saw him at our local hot dog shop a couple of months ago he looked like 260, he is a ahole was in high school was kicked off the first high school team he was on in austintown because he refused to wear white shoes, was a complete jackass in warren everyone in the school and on the football team hated him, and he has made a ass out of himself in college. The only advantage he had in high school and college was his strength, has never been a burner, now in the nfl he will be just as strong as everyone else, he will never last in the nfl unless converted to full back and his ego will never allow that.

speedster

Mentor
In today's Toronto Sun newspaper in one of the pull-outs,aptly named the Hamilton Sun,there is a cool poster of Jesse Lumsden in his Mac uniform and a small write-up.There was nothing new written in this article that hasn't already been posted on this site,but I have to tell you that I was surprised that Jesse's workout took place in Canada,a Toronto sport facility,as the Sun said.With him working-out in Arizona all this time,that's where I thought the work-out would take place.Everything is so secretive concerning Jesse.Anyways,the success of Jesse's accomplishments this week is causing a bit of a buzz in the Greater Toronto Area(GTA).

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hey speedster.Thanks for the latest.What do you think
Jesses chances are and who do you think will pick him
if any of the 4 teams that watched him workout?I still
have a gut feeling that the Colts will pick him if
given the chance.I don't even think they were super
happy about resigning E.James.He seems to have burned
his bridges there but is only on a 1 year contract.Man
would that be great to see Lumsden play with Manning and
Stokley!

bigunreal

Mentor
The question would be; why aren't any teams that need a starting RB
interested in Lumsden? I think the answer to that is obvious. I wish
Lumsden the best, and he certainly deserves the chance to be a starting
RB, but I think we are fooling ourselves here. The only thing keeping
Miami, Tampa Bay, Chicago and Arizona from drafting him in the first
round, to be handed their starting RB job, is his skin pigmentation
disorder.

speedster

Mentor
I think at this point Jesse should go with the team that shows the best interest and that is Seattle,since he has a workout scheduled with them.Seattle will probably let Jesse know their plans for him for the draft and if they're looking to sign him through the free-agent route they may have to think again.With the events of this past week I think some other teams may have come on board the Lumsden bandwagon and may want to draft him.I'm feeling real good about his chances now and I'll say right now that Jesse Lumsden will get drafted.Draft gurus will take note and from here on in you will see this,Jess Lumsden-with a bullet.As far as other potential teams he could play for,I thing Carolina would be a good fit,since their running situation is very much muddled.With Stephen Davis coming off another injury and at his age of 31 his days are numbered.I think RB's are just about done at age 33.Rod Smart and DeShaun Foster have proved nothing and are buddy Brad Hoover hasn't really been given a chance.So I think this is where Lumsden could make the biggest impact.By the way Carolina has another white RB on their roster named Casey Cramer out of Dartmouth.Come July is this guy going to be just another camp-body or is there something to him?Think about that,Lumsden,Hoover and Cramer on the same team.But that's getting too far ahead of the game.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I think he would get a little bit of a better shot out
in Carolina.I don't trust Seattle.Ever since the days
of Steve Largent,they have not been very white friendly.
I just can't see him getting a chance there.That leaves
the Colts,Rams and Panthers.I would prefer for Lumsden
to go to one of those 3 teams.Regardless of where he
goes assuming he is drafted,I will be rooting for him
as hard as ever!Break the stupid stereotype Jesse!!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
DeShaun Foster is the number one running back in Carolina, but he's had a helluva time staying healthy, includingblowing out aknee his rookie season, which would work in Lumsden's favor if Carolinadrafts or signshim. John Fox is one of the fairest coaches in the NFL, though a white running back facesbig-time hurdles on any team. The Panthersused Nick Goings heavily last year in addition to having Hoover and now Cramer. Many football fans mistakenlythink Goings is white.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I read another report about Lumsden.One of his 40 times
was timed at 4.40!!That is incredible and that was
against the wind.He also had a 4.45 and a 4.50.He is
legit and as fast as any running back in the draft.
His workout with Seattle is this Thursday the 7th of
April.I am really interested to see what the media will
say after this individual tryout.At least people are
finally talking about him.This is exciting!

speedster

Mentor
There was another write-up in today's Toronto Globe and Mail on Jesse.Briefly the article said that Jesse's numbers have surfaced on several draft pubs,and that can only be good.His average 40 run last week(4.46 and 4.49) are more than a tenth better than Cedric Benson,who is the number one rated back by many.Frame wise only Ronnie Brown compares.Jesse's 36 inch vertical and 10 ft 6 1/2 broad jump are better than all the top five prospects on NFL.com and includes Benson,Brown,Vernand Morency Carnell Williams and Ciatrick Fason.Also in this article an un-named scout was quoted saying this about Jesse"There is more to it than numbers,in college he was mostly a RB ,who didn't block or catch a lot although he's capable of it".I'm not sure what to make of that quote.Blocking and catching,that sounds like something a fullback would do.Is this guy trying to slot Jesse already.Look,guy Jesse will heip his team by running the ball,not by blocking ,that is something he can learn to do as his career progresses,and by the way he is not a bad blocker but he doesn't do that much of it because he RUNS THE BALL.I wonder if this scout would say the same thing about guys like Benson.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Speaking of the Seahawks,Urban the stud receiver has
a interview up at Seahawks.com. He is strong as all get
out.He is shown working out and is lifting 100 pound
dumbbells in each hand in a bench press.It's a great
interview.This kid is so explosive and hopefully he can
find more playing time along side Jurevicious.As for
Lumsden,I would rather see him go to another team.They
have S.Alexander and Lumsden would never get to play.
I want him to go to a team where he can make a impact
and not sit on the bench.He is too good for that!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was just wondering if anyone heard anything about
Lumsdens private workout for the Seahawks?I haven't
been able to find out how it went.Thanks guys.

longw

White lightning are you on drugs? This is a link to this years top forty times for each group. You think Lumsden posted a better time than everyone there? 4.40 is RIDICULOUS for a guy Lumsden size. I workout in the same gym as he does at McMaster and have watched him play in person numerous times. He is fast, but not faster than receivers or cornerbacks. Also I beleive it was an indoor facility, so what exactly do you mean by against the wind?

I would be very suprised to see Lumsden drafted higher than the lastor second to last round. That's if he is drafted at all which I highly doubt. If anything he will go as an undrafted free agent.

Another thing, every article in the forum is from a Canadian publication...NFL.com doesnt even have a whisper about him. That should be more than enough to make you doubt his chances.

Don't get me wrong I wish him the best of luck. it would be great for him, Canadian football, and McMaster if he made it, but all I'm saying is do not get your hopes up

[url]http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/2005_nfl_combine_40_time s.htm[/url]

white lightning

Hall of Famer
No your on drugs.Who are you to come on this board and
act like you know it all.It has been reported on NFL.com
that he ran in the 4.45 range.He was in a private workout
and they have compared him favorably to the other backs
in terms of size,speed and strength.You know Lumsden,
yeah tell me another one.Why are you here?Again,if you
don't enjoy what this site is about then there are
thousands of other sites that would be glad to have you.
If you can come up with something more intelligent,then
I suggest you stay in school.You are blind as can be!

longw

First of all, I never said I knew Lumsden, I said I workout at the same gym as him and seen first hand what he can do which I doubt you can attest to.

"I read another report about Lumsden.One of his 40 times
was timed at 4.40!!That is incredible" Not only is it incredible, it is impossible. That isthe direct quote from one of your posts to which I was refering in my previous post.

I would also like to see the link for lumsden info on NFL.com, because whenI search, I come up with absolutley nothing.

We can go back and forth over and over, and try to prove each other wrong which I think will accomplish nothing. So instead i am not going to post a reply until after the draft. Who knows, maybe I will eat my words, and maybe you will have to think twice about what you say.

Kaptain

Master
I don't understand the arguement here. Is it that he is a 4.40 or 4.45? According to your sportnutz site longw, that is faster than most WR and CB at either time against the wind or not. I didn't see where WL said he was timed at 4.40 only that he could run a 4.40. I would think that anybody that could run a 4.45 could hit 4.40 on a good day. Fast is fast. Did you get your times from your observations in the gym? I do agree that he will probably get overlooked in the draft. It is not the first white RB with speed has been overlooked.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Lightning wrote: "The big question is where or will he be drafted & if so by whom. . ." so I don't see the argument either. I think it is clear from the posts about Jesse on the board and the articles on the site about him that no one takes it for granted that he is going to be drafted; just the opposite really.Read the article onthe CF homepage about the NFL Draft for a good example.

White Lightning has posted a lot of material about Lumsden directly from Toronto newspapers. As far as the NFL.com link a lot of sites do not keep articles on their site very long. Whatever happened there, WL posts many links about lots of players andyou don't have to worry about him makingany of them up. The bottom line is that Lumsden's fast for a running back of any size but especially one who weighs 226, and his career at McMaster shows that he knows how to run. If he plays tailback in the NFL he most likely will have to go the long, slow route that white receivers have to follow to get an opportunity. But that's not going to stop us from rooting for him.

JD074

Master
That's what's so impressive about Lumsden and Jones: how
fast they are at their size. There are some small receivers and
D backs who are faster, but Lumsden's 40 yd dash matches up
with the best guys at his position (Brown, Williams, Arrington)
and Jones destroys everybody his size.

And I'll echo what Kaptain and Don said. Lumsden is a white,
Canadian running back. That doesn't bode well for him in the
draft. That's just the way it is, and the reason we're here. He
could make it, but his chances are pretty slim. That's the
unfortunate reality.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Man does this suck.We are in the final round (7) and
still no mention of Jesse Lumsden.Indy and Seattle are
2 teams who still have picks left.I really want to see
him get drafted by the Colts.Please draft this kid.I
am so tired of the b.s. in the nfl.How can you not take
a chance on this kid with a late round draft pick.
smiley5.gif