Jeremy Ebert

Riddlewire

Master
Search didn't turn up his name on this website. So apologies if he's already been mentioned before.

Jeremy Ebert

2008-02-01_064135_je.JPG

His high school career is over with, so it's a little late to be starting a topic on him. But I figured it couldn't hurt to make a mention of this great athlete. If nothing else, he'll be worth keeping an eye on in the future.
QB
6'0", 178, 4.37
I couldn't find any statistics for his senior season, but he seemed to be a major part of their success. They went 11-1 this season. Last year, he threw and ran for 1,000 yards. There's a fair amount of video for his team online (just google for it).
He has a scholarship to Northwestern, where they want to use him at receiver.
On a related note, Northwestern ought to be a top team for this website to root for next season. A quick check of their recruiting class reveals that out of 16 commits thus far, only two are from Rivals' preferred stock.
Not much else to say. But I'm always going to point out any of our guys who plays QB and runs a sub-4.4 40.

sunshine

Mentor
RW I don't think Ebert will play QB at NW. But you hit on a great idea. We SHOULD post any fast recruit who runs a low 4.4 or sub 4.4 40 yard dash.
Here is one from Colorado. Safety Parker Orms a 4.40 Safety class of 2009.

Riddlewire

Master
We gotta set some limitations. Otherwise the list would take forever to compile. There are a huge number of our boys who beat the Magical Mythical Number. But not at the Quarterback position, where the recruiting media created the "Dual Threat" term in order to try to elevate the status of black quarterblacks who can't throw.
As far as Jeremy goes, Northwestern plans to play him at receiver, as I indicated in my post. However, is there any doubt that if he weren't white he'd be a 4-star Dual-Threat QB recruit with offers from WVU, Michigan, Fla St, Miami, etc., even at his height?