RT Marshal Yanda

DT Matt Kroul
DT Mitch King
DE Bryan Mattison
MLB Mike Klinkenborg
OLB Mike Humpal
CB Adam Shada
smiley32.gif

Good things are expected from Adam Shada at corner. Also, WR Andy Brodell should see significant time as the third receiver. He's said to be the fastest reciever on the team at 6-3 193lbs. He ran a 10.4 100 meter dash along with a 21.4 200.

Gary

Mentor
I hope Iowa has another good season,I like Ohio State better but Iowa is another of my favorite teams in college.They should go to a good bowl game.

G

Good stuff KG...Mitch King was great last year and was a freshmen if im not mistaken. Will you be doing a write up on Nebraska...I think they will be fielding quite a few white players too.

KG2422

Mentor
pittbc7 said:
Good stuff KG...Mitch King was great last year and was a freshmen if im not mistaken. Will you be doing a write up on Nebraska...I think they will be fielding quite a few white players too.

Yeah, either I or Colonel Reb will get Nebraska's on there. I got the idea from him last year. You or someone else can post it if you want to.

And - The amazing thing about Mitch King is that he moved from linebacker to defensive tackle and played so well as a freshman. He should be even better this year.

voice

Guru
I always have to laugh when I hear Iowa develops kids so much better
smiley36.gif

They have about a few thousand of Iowa kids(white) to pick from(with ISU as competition) and end up fielding teams with half starters from Iowa!

Meanwhile, the Marxists up at the University of Minnesota recruit mostly brothers from the Hood and pretty much suck year in an year out!

Minnesota HS football is better than Iowa and they only recruit 1 or 2 a year

Joke

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Tom Busch just caught a nice TD pass, to put Iowa up over Iowa State. Todd Blythe also has 4 catches for 46 yards and a TD.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Did anyone see the post-game interview with Iowa MLB Mike Klinkenborg? His father died this week, but he played a great game today with 8 tackles. It's a sad thing, but how many blackletes know their father well enough to say what Mike said about his dad? I hope Mike has a dominating season.
smiley32.gif

Adam Shada also had 8 tackles.

SteveB

Mentor
What a great game to watch with white skill players all over the place on both sides of the ball.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here's some pics from the Iowa/Iowa State game.

Todd Blythe awesome catch
a1f2fa64-170d-45d4-b608-82530b3bf265.jpg

Klinkenborg with trophy
21d133e5-77b5-4c01-971f-6dfa8484abc2.jpg

Drew Tate and Tom Busch after TD
4bce3aef-f8a9-42da-9119-508d8274925b.jpg

Mike Humpal breaks up Austin Flynn reception
8026eacc-033d-4116-9b81-30e06638d7ce.jpg

Andy Brodell leaves Rashawn Parker in the dust
45709654-9d66-4175-bbe8-0c39d797d56f.jpg

Scott Chandler dragging Alvin Bowen
94751ce6-4257-4649-829c-6196d1c9f233.jpg

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
great job Colonel! where did you get all those pics?

can you get one of Adam Shada? he had a great game! he had a couple of BIG hits and a nice pass break-up on Austin Flynn early in the game that really helped set the tone in the Iowa secondary.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
You can find them on the ESPN or Yahoo Scoreboards. I couldn't find anymore of Shada, but there may be other sites I dont know about.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I was going to post some other Iowa/Iowa State pics from yesterday, but I hit back by accident and lost all the ones I had pasted into the message screen.
smiley19.gif

SteveB

Mentor
Andy Brodell was awesome today in the Alamo Bowl with 6 receptions, 157 yds, and 2 TDs, including a 63 yarder where he blew through the Texas secondary. After that play, the TV analyst said "I think the Texas secondary was surprised by his speed". I wonder why?

Adam Shada looked good at CB and Texas QB Colt McCoy tied the freshman TD passing record. Very entertaining game.

cslewis1

Guru
It was painful watching Iowa lose though. They were fun to watch. They took a 20-3 lead on a TD to Chandler to close out the half, but it was called back because of a illegal formation. Next play Tate threw an int in the endzone and then Texas took it down for a TD. Huge turn of events, and ultimately Iowa lost.

Big Ten has lost 3, while the SEC has won 3. More fodder for Mark May and all the sports idiots to claim how good the SEC is.
smiley7.gif

Kaptain

Master
The announcers also said that the Iowa recievers were making the Texas secondary look slow. Is Brodell a rookie? - thought I heard that said during the game. 9-3 and defending national champs, Texas had a tough time with 6-6 Iowa. Not such a big blow to the rep. of the Big Ten. Iowa has terrible running backs - that is their downfall. If they treated the RB position like the most of the rest of their team and recruited from the farms of Iowa they would be much better off.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Interestingly enough, the announcers spoke very highly of Shada at corner, and how badly Iowa missed him while he was out. I find this very interesting but I can't remember the pair of announcers, one of which was black.. bravo to them for having some guts..
smiley32.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The announcers were Sean McDonough and Chris Spielman. Spielmansounds kind of black.

I noticed that Brodell was not listed amongIowa's offensivestarters by ESPN, which doesn't show pictures of the startersthis year for some reason (maybe so as not to makecasual viewersaware ofthe overwhelmingly black nature of most starting lineups). This happens more than occasionally, where the actual starter is white but a black is listed. Just another example of how blacks are pandered to so they don't feel "disrespected."

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I can see Brodell becoming the next Shark.He plays alot like Jeff at Notre Dame.He has size and incredible speed.He has a couple of years left and he could lead the nation in receiving before it is all said and done.I can't wait to see him playing on Sundays.He might be as fast as Matt Jones.

Vindicator

The combination of Andy Brodell's terrific performance and the on air coverage of his great game was a perfect advertisement for the excellence of white college wide receivers.

There were multiple video replays of Brodell's receptions showing him masterfully outmaneuvering and outrunning an All American (black) defensive back coupled with positive verbal observations by one of the commentators that:

- Big 10 schools are falsely perceived as lacking team speed
- Iowa has good team speed
- Andy Brodell is a prime example of speedy players on the Iowa team

At one point late in the program, as if to minimize the outstanding play of Brodell, one of the commentators uttered the classic cliche that Brodell was "deceptively fast". The other commentator immediately responded to correct (destroy!) that innacurate characterization by pointing out Brodell's proven ability and success as a 100 meter and 200 meter sprinter.

Overall, the display of Brodell's skill and speed and the broadcasters' recognition thereof made this game one of the better caste-busting publicity events of the college bowl season thus far. Brodell is one to watch in the future!

There is another white wide receiver on the Hawkeyes: #26 Tyler Gerstandt, a homegrown, 6'6" 220 lb. red shirted freshman who lettered in track at Washingon HS in Cherokee, Iowa as a member of the 4x100 meter relay team.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
what a game by all the white players involved!
smiley32.gif
Shada looked dominant, both in run support and in coverage. and wow! Brodell looked as fast as lightning! he was flat-out embarrassing the nation's supposed top defensive back and Jim Thorpe Award-winner, Aaron Ross.
smiley32.gif
smiley36.gif

his performance was even enough to have caste-whore Lou Holtz heaping praises upon Andy's talent. i can't recall the exact words he used, but they were to the effect of "That kid is INCREDIBLY fast!" awesome!
smiley32.gif

andybrodell.jpg

Andy blowing past the Texas secondary

also, DraftDaddy has linked an article about Brodell's outstanding performance...
Brodell a diamond
Jason Brummond
Issue date: 12/31/06 Section: Sports

SAN ANTONIO - Wide receiver Andy Brodell saved his best for the end.

The sophomore caught six passes for an Alamo-Bowl-record 159 yards and two touchdowns, equaling his yardage against Minnesota in Iowa's regular-season finale, when he hauled in seven balls. He was nine yards shy of tying Iowa's all-time bowl mark.

"Andy gave us a great spark against good competition," Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz said. "He certainly didn't look intimidated or an awe of anything. That's a heck of a good sign. We have a lot to be optimistic about."

Brodell's career-best 63-yard touchdown reception is the longest in Iowa bowl history and the fifth-longest in the Alamo Bowl's history. On the play, Brodell caught Drew Tate's pass on a 10-yard curl route, then turned to the sideline and outran the entire Texas secondary.

Brodell, who wasn't available for comment after the game, knocked Michigan's Amani Toomer out of the Alamo record books. Toomer totaled 135 receiving yards against Texas A&M in 1995.

The Ankeny native's 23-yard touchdown gave Iowa a 21-20 lead. Brodell cut through the middle of the field and into the end zone after catching the pass on a bubble screen.

"I haven't seen that kind of burst out of him since he's been here," senior Scott Chandler said. "It looked like he was back on the track at Ankeny."

Brodell even caught attention from the handful of NFL scouts in the Alamodome press box. The scouts, eyeing mostly seniors and juniors for April's draft, complimented the receiver's speed and shiftiness in the open field.

"And he's only a sophomore?" one scout said after Brodell's 63-yard touchdown.

edited to add: sweet! the article is now on the front page!Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

whiteCB

Master
WOW!! What a performance by Andy Brodell. I knew the kid was fast but I now know he can flat out fly! Brodell's performance is what we need more of, which is white guys making big plays and showing that they can outrun the "superior" athletes. I wish Brodell would have did a little more celebrating of his big plays. This then really emphasizes the accomplishment just made and gives the viewer a heightened response to what they just saw. Smardjiza is a master at this as he really gives off the appearance of being a bad ass by flaunting his stuff after each TD.

I didn't see the game, but I did read the article in the Daily Iowan that was posted on the CF homepage. From what I read, Andy Brodell had one of the best games in Hawkeye history. The fact that he's only a sophomore is another good thing becasue they have him for two more years. I just still can't get over the fact that one ofthe caste-whore writers actually called him "fast". That "caste-Berlin-wall" is starting to come down for us finally.
smiley32.gif

whiteCB

Master
Also did anyone else notice Iowa only had 1 black player, the RB, in on offense sometimes during the course of the game. I felt like I was watching a D3 game of something.
smiley36.gif

sunshine

Mentor
I watched a majority of the bowl games including iowa-texas.. Brodell really put on a show. Not since tim dwight has iowa had such a fast and exciting prospect.