If the Bears and Colts win on Sunday...

cutty

Guru
If the Bears and Colts win, I swear I will not watch the Superbowl. Because I won't be able to stand 8 hours ofmedia praise on 2 black head coaches and the fact they're playing in the super bowl, and oh how far we've come and blah blah blah. Ain't gonna do it.

Poacher

Mentor
I'll watch it....on MUTE.

cutty

Guru
Maybe I'll watch it on "mute" too just to count how many commercials there are showing a white man being an emasculated bafoon.

eaxs

Deus Vult said:
"'That may not be significant to some people, but it is significant to some people,' says Doug Williams..."

Wow Doug, deep-thinking on that quote there. Must be that Grambling education...

crucible

This is what I was saying on this forum last weekend, but I was told by caste gurus that it's more important for the Colts to win otherwise the media will forever point to the fact that Peyton can't win the big game.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
crucible said:
This is what I was saying on this forum last weekend, but I was told by caste gurus that it's more important for the Colts to win otherwise the media will forever point to the fact that Peyton can't win the big game.

You weren't 'told' that it's more important for the Colts to win. Those 'gurus' are just offering their opinions, just like you. Sorry if you're offended that someone has a different opinion than you.

Colts have Dungy.
Bears have Lovie.
Saints have Katrina.

Unless the Patriots win it all, there is going to be some sort of pro-caste slant to the story.

Colts have Peyton.
Bears have Urlacher.
Saints start nine whites.
Patriots start nine whites.

Unfortunately, if the Colts or Bears LOSE, there is going to be a pro-caste slant to that story as well.

It's a sign of the times.

crucible

defensive aren't we? I never said I was offended ;-) I don't see how you can say I wasn't told. That's how you receive any information in a conversation, you are told, right?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
crucible said:
defensive aren't we? I never said I was offended ;-)I don't see how you can say I wasn't told. That's how you receive any information in a conversation, you are told, right?

Ok.
smiley17.gif

I apologize for being defensive.

The truth is that the caste system is going to get some sort of boost no matter who wins. The 'least' caste system favorable team is the Patriots, who have no back story to promote like a black head coach or Katrina. But I think we lose if Peyton loses. In a way, it's a lose-lose situation.

But we already have one black headcoach in the playoffs: Lovie Smith. Bears are running away with this game.

devans

Mentor
At leat Mike Hass is happy with how the play-offs are going so far

Bart

Hall of Famer
Buck just said we will have that -classy man- on the filed taking his team to the Super Bowl as the first African- American coach.

Anyblack who gives the impression of being half-way normal, must always be described as the classiest, nicest, best, brightest, and most respected. Edited by: Bart

Lance Alworth

Mentor
The black coaches thing doesn't bother me so much, except the media spin on it (ala ESPN) At least the black coaches (save for Herm Edwards who is a typical ebonics speaking negro) seem like relatively intelligent and well spoken people. Subpar black QB's however are another story. If you think this black coach lovefest with Lovie (and possibly Dungy, pending the outcome of the pats/indy game) is bad, wait until two black QB's reach the superbowl. You better get the barf bag out for that because that is going to be simply, a disaster