I wish I could remember this

Kaptain

Master
Maybe you guys can help as I have not found it through googling.

I was passively watching an NFL game this weekend and the announcer was talking about yet another black nfl backup quarterback. This QB apparently had trouble focusing during team meetings and couldn't memorize plays. Instead of doing the right thing and cutting his lazy ass, they sent him to a learning center for 30 days in the off-season to teach him how to study. Ahhh ... the lengths the NFL will go to darken the QB postion. Can you imagine any white player given this special treatment?

Pretty soon special education teachers will be part of the coaching staff. There will be the practice field, the training room, and the time-out room. Anyways, anybody else catch this? Please post the QB name (it wasn't Vince Young).

white is right

Hall of Famer
I think Young has the plays taped to the center's back, so no need for that. It's amazing what big circles and triangles that are painted in different colors can do..... [LOL]

riggo

"Pretty soon special education teachers will be part of the coaching staff."

That is hilarious!
smiley4.gif
Edited by: riggo

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Hey Kaptain, that was Seneca Wallace. Below is an excerpt from this [/i]report.

NBC's Andrea Kremer told a nice story about Seahawks quarterback coach Jim Zorn working with Seneca Wallace on his learning skills, including the team sending him to a learning center to get the calls, protections and plays better under his control. The efforts have reportedly taken root, and the anecdote may put to rest the constant stream of "If Seneca were only a receiver/punt returner/safety/left fielder/power forward" talk - Seattle sees this guy as a quarterback, pure and simple.

Triad

Mentor
That says a lot for the academics at Iowa State.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think it says alot about all d-1 football programs regarding academics and the morons they allow to attend college on scholarship have majors that are jokes.

voice

Guru
I went to Iowa State and they had to start a Family and Consumer Sciences department in the 70's because they couldn't recruit!