HBO & UFC

Poacher

Mentor
Just found out that HBO will televise at least three UFC events in 2007. It took a lot of arm twisting but it happened. Listen to what former HBO sports president SETH ABRAHAM</font> had to say about mixed martial arts:

"I think it's ridiculous for HBO to televise UFC," Abraham said. "When I was at HBO, we had discussions once or twice a year about professional wrestling. We all agreed that it would get good ratings and we also agreed that it would tarnish our boxing franchise. I feel the same way about UFC. Boxing has a storied history. When HBO attaches itself to boxing, it attaches itself to Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Robinson, and Muhammad Ali</font>. It attaches itself to history, achievement, and glory. UFC has none of those things, and it will tarnish HBO's boxing franchise. Will UFC get good ratings? Probably. But so would naked boxing."

Confirms my theory that UFC is not promoted by the MSM in America because whites are good at it.

dkr77

Guru
On top of all the negative comments, the brass at HBO are planning on airing the fights at midnight! Zuffa need's to tell HBO to stick it in their arse!

Iron

Guru
UFC,MMA in general is the most traditional of fight sports and probably all sports for that matter where its roots can be found in the ancient Greek sport of
Pankration which utilised boxing and wrestling techniques.Wikipedia contains a good article on Pankration.Many of the greatest MMA fighters are martial artists first and foremost practicing systems like Greco Roman wrestling,Karate,Judo,Sambo, Jujitsu etc all with many years of tradition,some milleniums old which goe back alot futher than Marques of Queenbury boxing.The media portray them,no doubt due to the European heritage of its most gifted exponents therefore alleviating any sucess to athleticism like they do Hockey as brutal probably drink fuelled barbarians who bash and beat other men
smiley36.gif
Rather than athletes,sport martial artists who espouse,if thats the word great traditional fighting systems with some owing their heritage to the enlightenment periods of Europe.