Hatton vs. Pacman

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Liverlips, around what time is the fight? I am guessing it will start close to 12? I just checked some website and it had 8 other fights on the undercard. That can't be possible.Edited by: whiteathlete33

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
12 Eastern time?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes Colonel Reb. I am thinking the fight will start around midnight eastern time. It might start a little earlier.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks wa33, that means I might be able to stay up long enough to watch it!
smiley32.gif
Thanks for uploading the streams, gentlemen!

Westside

Hall of Famer
This guy Korobov might be the next great white fighter. He looked like a world beater, albeit against a club fighter. The sky's might be the limit for him.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
If the fight is real, Hatton should be too big, too strong, and too powerfull for Pacquiao. Hatton is a pitbull who tears off after his opponents and gives them no room to escape or fight back. Hatton has only lost to a defensive counter-puncher (Mayweather Jr.) and Pacquiao has lost 3 times and drawn twice. Pacquiao is no defensive fighter -he is an attack fighter with some defensive skills. Pacquiao has frequently enjoyed the size or power advantage over his opponents with the exception of De La Hoya who did not fight at all but rather covered up and let the little Philipino pepper-spray him for 8 rounds. Yes, Pacquiao did bruise De La Hoya's face after tapping away at him freely, but, when you think of it, a woman can also bruise a man's face if she is let to freely punch away without any return.

So I see Hatton closing the gap on his Philipino opponent and really giving him a battering he will not be able to stop and never will forget. Hatton has mostly had to fight bigger men during his career and this time it should be easier for him to get at the man in front of him without having to deal with the big reach disadvantage. By the 9th or 10th round Pacauiao should be beat and done.

Look, Pacquiao seems to be a decent enough, modest and respectfull man. In most fights I would cheer for him. But he is not white, and this time he's fighting one of my own and I shall not betray my own and shall be hoping for a clear victory for Hatton.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Ah, Maple Leaf appears. So we are both calling it for Ricky in the 9th or 10th.

Your right ML Pacman is a good dude, but I also want Ricky for the obvious reasons you mentioned.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Westside said:
Ah, Maple Leaf appears. So we are both calling it for Ricky in the 9th or 10th.

Your right ML Pacman is a good dude, but I also want Ricky for the obvious reasons you mentioned.

Yes West, the big fights even draw rats like me to the boards.
smiley2.gif
... but I've been very, very busy and just have not had the time of late.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Thanks Col. Reb. Am watching it now. That Canadian guy Gaudet is doing very well though he is a huge underdog.

j41181

Master
Matthew Hatton just won a fight in the undercard.

If Ricky Hatton wins, it's a Hatton Night!

Best of luck also to Manny Pacquiao!

white is right

Hall of Famer
If anybody is waiting to log into a stream do it now as the anthems are now finished. By the way did anybody see the tan on Tom Jones he looked like Othello....
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The above link is working again for me, although not as good as before.

The Hock

Master
Good to hear from you Maple Leaf. You obviously know your stuff. I've been leaning Pacquiao, but you make some good points.

Everyone is pointing to the De la Hoya fight as proof of Pacman's greatness, but I watched the replay and Oscar started the fight with nothing and went downhill from there.

I just hope Ricky isn't also overtrained.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Doesn't look good for Ricky after one. Looks overmatched to me.