Fury vs Usyk, the Big One...

white is right

Hall of Famer
In a few hours the weigh in for the super fight will happen in Saudi Arabia as the fight will happen around dinner time EST on Saturday. Since this is boxing and it's a super fight week shenanigans were part of the week as John Fury head butt the seemingly smallest member of the Usyk fight camp and was lucky to not be on the first plane to GB.

Here's the final press conference...

PS I could give some analysis of the fight if I make time tomorrow to post on the fight as of today the fight is a Pick'em as the odds have been drifting down from Fury being a slight favorite when the fight was rescheduled.

The Hock

Master
But...but wait, I don't understand. This was supposed to be the Wilder/Joshua showdown after Wilder KO'd Fury and Joshua took care of Usyk.
What, what happened? This can't be! Two white heavyweights in a mega fight? What's this world coming to?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I remember way back when Tyson Fury fought the then champion Wladimr Klitschko. Where does the time go?

I like and root for both of these fighters. Regardless I like Tyson Fury even more and I hope he wins and continues to cement his
legacy as possibly one of the Greatest Heavyweight Champions to ever grace the earth. Being a christian I highly admire his faith
and always spreading the message that Christ is King!

Laybrick

Recently watched the 2nd fight between Fury and Wilder and Fury has amongst the fastest hands i ever seen on a heavyweight up there with Jack Dempsey, Joe Louis, Ali, remarkable that he's 6'9,270lbs. Fury is like the Nikola Jokic of boxing, doesn't look athletic but is, fluid and agile. Usyk 1 of the most intelligent fighters of all time.

NikoDuke

Mentor
I like and root for both of these fighters. Regardless I like Tyson Fury even more and I hope he wins and continues to cement his legacy as possibly one of the Greatest Heavyweight Champions to ever grace the earth. Being a christian I highly admire his faith and always spreading the message that Christ is King!
FYI. Usyk is also a Christian and is quite outspoken regarding his faith.

Regarding this fight, Id prefer it didn't happen to be frank. I see it as a lose-lose..

white lightning

Hall of Famer
FYI. Usyk is also a Christian and is quite outspoken regarding his faith.

Regarding this fight, Id prefer it didn't happen to be frank. I see it as a lose-lose..

It's similar to real life. No more BROTHER WARS. How they replace the whites forever. Well since it's happening may they both
fight good and put on a show for all European Brothers around the world!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Brother war for sure! I am happy that 2 Euros are dominating Heavyweight. Should be a great one!

freedom1

Mentor
Mark Chamberlain just flattened Joshua Wahab in a stereotype breaking destruction.

Truthman

Guru
Mark Chamberlain just flattened Joshua Wahab in a stereotype breaking destruction.

haha . You know what's gonna happen when an African fighter gets in the ring with the superior race. Worst continent at boxing by far. They are so awful at boxing from countries like Nigeria, Tanzania, Namibia, etc yet they won't talk about that in the boxing media and boxing forums, despite everybody knowing about it.

white is right

Hall of Famer
It looks like Agit Kabayel is the real deal

Yes he chopped down two opponents in a row with a better engine and desire for battle. If you look at him you would think much of him but it's not a fluke that he won these two bouts where both opponents were betting favorites to beat him. I suspect he was blocked from big fights for years because he was going to be a problem for Joshua or even Fury when he was available as a last second replacement for opponents who withdrew against them.

Also Irish challenger Anthony Cacace stopped all action IBF champion Joe Cordina in the 8th round. There is some dispute if Cordina was stunned off a foul but after the disputed punch it was largely one way traffic with the Northern Irishman giving better than he received.

Last edited:

Arerequired

Mentor
Usyk breaks through. Pound for pound number 1 and first heavyweight undisputed since 2000.

Usyk is greatness.

Last edited:

Arerequired

Mentor
Fury looked in mint condition in there, his hands were very fast and and he hurt Usyk more than anyone else. One of the hardest style and size matchups for Usyk possible.

If Usyk beats him twice...

Fury was a sore loser, seems to be a trend with Usyk's opponents with him running roughshod through the division.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Fury behind now and in trouble. Not looking good for him.
I felt the fight changed in momentum when Fury had his nose broken or at least blood vessels were burst and it hampered his breathing and it was all downhill from there. The 9th round was crazy the way Fury fell apart and was lucky he was stunned and the referee followed the rule book to a tee or maybe he would have been stopped in that round.

I'm glad that there was no controversy with the decision as even a draw would have been stretching credibility.

PS I'm glad I passed on betting the fight as I saw Fury winning this one and it would have been going against history as historically smaller heavyweights have won the majority of these small boxer types vs lumbering giants. I felt Fury wasn't the typical lumbering giant because of mobility and boxing ability.

PS tonight fellow Ukrainian Denys Berinchyk fights tough Mexican Indian Emmanuel Navarette for the vacant WBO strap at 135 pounds also Richard Torrez Jr is in a tough match on paper against a fellow undefeated prospect.

Last edited:

Arerequired

Mentor
It will be intriguing to see how Fury reacts mentally to his first loss, the instant rematch seems to be all but set in stone.

Last edited:

The Hock

Master
Don't know why Fury had to act so boorishly in the lead-up to the fight. Usyk has been nothing but a class act and total professional his whole career. I leaned toward Fury but I'm happy for Usyk. He worked his ass off for this and now he's really cashing in.

Fury would do well not to balloon up and then have to trim down again for rematch if there is one.

NikoDuke

Mentor
I ended missing this fight as I had commitments but, watched the highlights and thought it was quite entertaining.

Furyk controlled Usyk for multiple rounds using his reach but, Usyk almost put Fury to sleep if the ref didn't save him.

I think the rematch will go the same way.

freedom1

Mentor
I can't get over this Usyk guy. I am inspired. He keeps doing the impossible. Fury fought the best fight of his career, yet Usyk still prevailed. None of Fury's ******** even phased Usyk. Even in the final stare down before the opening bell, Fury was bouncing around, laughing, and Usyk just followed him with his eyeballs, like he was saying, "I'm going to kill you ************ or die trying." Damn, it's good to see a white man with that mentality. Just think of the size advantage Fury had, yet it didn't deter Usyk in the least.

Usyk said before the fight, "I will not leave you alone tomorrow." No one knew what he was talking about. Now we know. He was up in Fury's face the whole fight.

Booth

Mentor
I thought it was a great fight with Usyk winning by at least 3 points. Not to start any big controversies, but I thought the ref gave Fury way too much time in the 9th round. All around good card.