Floyd Mayweather vs. Ricky Hatton

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hatton did better in round 9, but they probably gave it to Mayweather.

G

Hatton is fighting two men. The crooked ref won't let him fight inside.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Floyd by KO, Round 10.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Crap, Mayweather by KO in the 10th.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That sucky axe ref was bought and paid for by the "home" team. No question.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Here come the trolls.

cslewis1

Guru
that friggin' sucks. Thanks gents for the play by play though. We'll get 'em on the rematch.

G

Fight should be considered No Contest because of the blatantly crooked referee. Hatton repeatedly fought his way inside only to be immediately stopped - and that's not even mentioning the bizarre point deduction.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I know this was a big match for sure, but as far as the sport goes, I don't know how anyone can get excited about boxing after watching MMA. There is no comparison. Boxing is boring. If this wasn't such a caste match I would have found it boring, all the clutching, grabbing, ducking, pushing off, cheating, ref intereference, etc, etc.

Kaptain

Master
Well, time to wait for the Klitchskos. I'm not really surprised. I've always thought that Hatton was the most beatable of all the white champions out there. The pure slugger vs. pure boxer match-up is usually not good for the slugger.

cjay

hatton's strategy didn't work. he took a lot of shots charging in then wasn't able to do anything when he got there. he seemed too quick to allow clinches. he kept wraping his arms around mayweathers' torso, and mayweather would take two overhooks and the ref would break them up.

G

That was the worst refereeing job I've ever seen. That crooked ******* makes the crooked ******* Randy Neuman look like Mills Lane by comparison.

G

cjay said:
hatton's strategy didn't work. he took a lot of shots charging in then wasn't able to do anything when he got there....

He wasn't able to do anything because the crooked ref would immediately dive in!!!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop said:
Will this be replayed on HBO??? Or is it strictly PPV? I'd like to at least see it.

I don't know, Poop, I know you want to see it but I'm not sure why. It was an ugly fight. I'm sure the KO will be up on YouTube within minutes.

As far as the ref, I don't know I think there was too much clinching and holding. Mayweather was constantly ducking and bending over at the waist, they were wrapping their arms over each other's heads, wrestling each other into the ropes. If anything, the ref should have warned Mayweather about punching to the back of the head, bending over, rubbing his laces across the face, holding, etc. It seemed like Hatton would get inside and Mayweather would find a way to entangle himself with Hatton to get the ref to break them up. Edited by: White Shogun

G

It was an ugly fight

It would have been a great fight if there was an honest ref in there.

ww

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
If Hatton wants a rematch he should tell Mayweather "Yeah you're pretty good, but are you good enough to beat me twice; this time in England with an English ref instead of an American one? Come on fight me again, I'm not scared!"

Poacher

Mentor
Hatton gave it his best. Ref sucked. Floyd did a lot of running and holding. Ricky ate a lot of punches coming in.

forty-four

Guru
Hatton had an uphill battle giving up 6 inches in reach and moving up in weight. You have to like Hatton. The guy is tough and he's still champion in his weight class.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Overall, a sucky ending to a sucky day for me and the teams I was pulling for. Here's to a better Sunday. Goodnight all.

G

ToughJ.Riggins said:
If Hatton wants a rematch he should tell Mayweather "Yeah you're pretty good, but are you good enough to beat me twice; this time in England with an English ref instead of an American one? Come on fight me again, I'm not scared!"

I hope he says just that, and I hope they find a British ref just like this one. I was hoping his corner would protest or attack the SOB. It was great when Hatton showed the ass his ass, though!