Florida HS IMG is sold to Chinese investors

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I guess my reply to learning this is .. ok and?

The Chinese own so many things in the us as it is, who cares if they buy a sports academy?

Am I missing something?

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I guess my reply to learning this is .. ok and?

The Chinese own so many things in the us as it is, who cares if they buy a sports academy?

Am I missing something?
Why is any foreigner allowed to own anything in US?

More proof America isn’t a serious nation. No borders just a corporate strip mall, up for sale to the highest bidder. But hey it’s all good man!

white lightning

Hall of Famer

More proof America isn’t a serious nation. No borders just a corporate strip mall, up for sale to the highest bidder. But hey it’s all good man!

I did try to tell everyone about 3 or 4 years on this board and other places. China is the New Super Power of the World. America has
fallen. The Main Crypto Currency used in many parts of th world is the Digital Yuan backed by a Digital SDR. The Dollars Days as
the Global Currency are ending right now. Dangerous times as China is taking over everywhere. Even in Africa. They are the new bully
of the world. We can fight in a war but it won't matter. All the powerful leaders want them to be the head of the snake. They want the
world to be just like China with all of us as global slaves. Interesting times indeed.

America will be destroyed but my hope is to rebuild and get back to the old morals, values and ways. Gonna be a bumpy ride and many
of us won't make it but the Strong will Survive. As the saying goes "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger".

One last thing. China will never ever allow mass immigration. I don't see Japan or many of the Asian or HIspanic Countries doing this
as it destroys the countries culture.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
China also doesn’t allow a certain group of people into their county and place them disproportionally in positions of power or importance. This is what is keeping them a homogenous nation.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The component parts of the unitary system in the U.S. do indeed admire China, mainly because it's leading the way in establishing and maintaining totalitarianism through high-tech surveillance and digital currency.

In China it's done openly through the Communist Party; here it's done more stealthily and a little more slowly by a combination of corporate, cultural communist and government power.

I don't agree with a fair amount of the reasoning in this article that I've linked as there are a lot of factors behind declining populations in the West and Japan that started even before Covid and the experimental "vaccines," which does seem to have notably accelerated the depopulation trends, but the part about China (#2 subhead -- 'There's no way of knowing exactly what's happening in China and India') is worth a look because it's the same way we're headed here and in the rest of the former West while as always the public is distracted with endless lies and lunatic issues like the transgender ideology and militancy that was made up just in the last several years and is now enforced like a state religion: https://jameshfetzer.org/2023/04/5-...ss-than-it-was-in-january-2020/#comment-71202

SneakyQuick

Mentor

I guess I should have clarified. The US is already sold. Our political class is bought and paid for the CCP already.

In that context the purchase of a sports academy doesn’t seem like a big deal to me.

Phall

Master
I'm familiar with IMG Academy by name as a unique and weird sports funnel to the NCAA. They put a large chunk of their football and basketball players into D1 programs. Without doing extra digging, it sounds like that's the case for many other sports, as well.

I've always found the prep school model kind of confusing - it seems like those high schools offer scholarships and enticements to blue chip kids to come play for them. I'd assumed that, like colleges, a handful of wealthy alumni donors prop up the sporting operation one way or another, while "normal" kids pay standard parochial tuition prices. There's surely a bit of grift in the process - coaches paid to refer their athletes to one college, shoe brand, or another - but that's not enough to sustain a school budget.

Based on this article, it sounds like IMG Academy relies on a lot of foreign high school students to pay tuition and subsidize these super athletic programs. The boarding school was founded to emphasize tennis and has expanded to other sports. It's one way for wealthy parents to spend their money to advance their children's sports careers and bridge to the next level. The school website and wikipedia page focus entirely on athletics placement.

I would imagine that, like its sports teams placing athletes, the school also works to place foreign students into American undergrad schools. International admissions are always more stringent at the top tier, so I am just imagining that there is another kind of grift going on (IMG Academy charges super-high tuition to rich foreigners, passes that along as "endowment" to US colleges, in turn receives favorable admissions rates, thereby fulfilling the transaction). In less words, the school seems to be serving as a way for wealthy foreigners to buy their kids' way into American college.

The huge price tag infers that this a working business model. However, the school was bought by Endeavor in 2014 for $2.3 billion, implying it took a billion-dollar loss to dump this asset. The transfer is interesting - from West to East - because it naturally shifts the control of this admissions pipeline to China (via Hong Kong), ie Chinese students "buying" their way into American colleges, especially past the gatekeeping of the Ivies. I can't find any specifics about Ivy League placement save for the rare student-athletes.

Endeavor Group Holdings, which owns UFC and now WWE, is a talent agency with a huge impact on the products you see on TV and during commercials. It has partnerships with the NFL and NHL, among many others. If the NFL runs a brand advertisement, it does so through Endeavor, which is quoted as a $21 billion company. Endeavor is owned and run by Ari Emanuel, one of the West's top jewish overlords: he is in my estimation the most powerful man in Hollywood. His brother Rahm is the former mayor of Chicago and White House chief of staff under Obama, currently tasked with bringing feminism and homosexuality to Japan; his other brother Zeke helped to orchestrate the covid lockdowns and vaccine mandates from his appointment in the NIH. Their father was an Israeli terrorist who "retired" after the annexation of Palestine to become a Chicago doctor and community activist. These are powerful people backed by the very highest level of financial might.

The new ownership group is a private equity firm BPEA EQT, which has a similar market cap to Endeavor despite 40x less employees. The founder and CEO is one Jean Eric Salata, a "Chilean" globalist who has been a prominent Hong Kong investment banker throughout his adult life. Salata does not have a wikipedia entry, but he is said to have made a "prominent donation" to the United Jewish Congregation of Hong Kong. Also:
Salata, a father of four, takes a personal interest in sustainability. In June, he and his wife Melanie donated $200 million to establish the Salata Institute for Climate and Sustainability at Harvard University.
This plays into my theory that the school serves as a feeder system for interested parties from abroad to secure prominent Ivy League admissions under more of a clandestine veil. It's possible that selling IMG Academy was a portfolio divestment of sorts, if Endeavor wants to concentrate on its celebrity-sports entertainment work instead of something rather unrelated. I really can't understand why they would undersell by a billion dollars (if I'm reading this correctly), why this wouldn't be the focus of reporting, and why we're even allowed to learn this much as mere plebs.

The things I am sure of are that such matters are completely out of our control - you do not get to vote for this, you will never get to influence such massive financial levers, and none of us will likely ever know someone with a family member at the IMG Academy.

// this post was meant to be half as long but turned out to be a very deep rabbit hole. feel free to add or amend info as needed

white is right

Hall of Famer
I'm familiar with IMG Academy by name as a unique and weird sports funnel to the NCAA. They put a large chunk of their football and basketball players into D1 programs. Without doing extra digging, it sounds like that's the case for many other sports, as well.

I've always found the prep school model kind of confusing - it seems like those high schools offer scholarships and enticements to blue chip kids to come play for them. I'd assumed that, like colleges, a handful of wealthy alumni donors prop up the sporting operation one way or another, while "normal" kids pay standard parochial tuition prices. There's surely a bit of grift in the process - coaches paid to refer their athletes to one college, shoe brand, or another - but that's not enough to sustain a school budget.

Based on this article, it sounds like IMG Academy relies on a lot of foreign high school students to pay tuition and subsidize these super athletic programs. The boarding school was founded to emphasize tennis and has expanded to other sports. It's one way for wealthy parents to spend their money to advance their children's sports careers and bridge to the next level. The school website and wikipedia page focus entirely on athletics placement.

I would imagine that, like its sports teams placing athletes, the school also works to place foreign students into American undergrad schools. International admissions are always more stringent at the top tier, so I am just imagining that there is another kind of grift going on (IMG Academy charges super-high tuition to rich foreigners, passes that along as "endowment" to US colleges, in turn receives favorable admissions rates, thereby fulfilling the transaction). In less words, the school seems to be serving as a way for wealthy foreigners to buy their kids' way into American college.

The huge price tag infers that this a working business model. However, the school was bought by Endeavor in 2014 for $2.3 billion, implying it took a billion-dollar loss to dump this asset. The transfer is interesting - from West to East - because it naturally shifts the control of this admissions pipeline to China (via Hong Kong), ie Chinese students "buying" their way into American colleges, especially past the gatekeeping of the Ivies. I can't find any specifics about Ivy League placement save for the rare student-athletes.

Endeavor Group Holdings, which owns UFC and now WWE, is a talent agency with a huge impact on the products you see on TV and during commercials. It has partnerships with the NFL and NHL, among many others. If the NFL runs a brand advertisement, it does so through Endeavor, which is quoted as a $21 billion company. Endeavor is owned and run by Ari Emanuel, one of the West's top jewish overlords: he is in my estimation the most powerful man in Hollywood. His brother Rahm is the former mayor of Chicago and White House chief of staff under Obama, currently tasked with bringing feminism and homosexuality to Japan; his other brother Zeke helped to orchestrate the covid lockdowns and vaccine mandates from his appointment in the NIH. Their father was an Israeli terrorist who "retired" after the annexation of Palestine to become a Chicago doctor and community activist. These are powerful people backed by the very highest level of financial might.

The new ownership group is a private equity firm BPEA EQT, which has a similar market cap to Endeavor despite 40x less employees. The founder and CEO is one Jean Eric Salata, a "Chilean" globalist who has been a prominent Hong Kong investment banker throughout his adult life. Salata does not have a wikipedia entry, but he is said to have made a "prominent donation" to the United Jewish Congregation of Hong Kong. Also:

This plays into my theory that the school serves as a feeder system for interested parties from abroad to secure prominent Ivy League admissions under more of a clandestine veil. It's possible that selling IMG Academy was a portfolio divestment of sorts, if Endeavor wants to concentrate on its celebrity-sports entertainment work instead of something rather unrelated. I really can't understand why they would undersell by a billion dollars (if I'm reading this correctly), why this wouldn't be the focus of reporting, and why we're even allowed to learn this much as mere plebs.

The things I am sure of are that such matters are completely out of our control - you do not get to vote for this, you will never get to influence such massive financial levers, and none of us will likely ever know someone with a family member at the IMG Academy.

// this post was meant to be half as long but turned out to be a very deep rabbit hole. feel free to add or amend info as needed
I know from Nick Boletari's school money was no object to going to his tennis academy as working class to welfare/refugee class students had to pay points on future earnings for free coaching and finishing high school or at least staying in school until the minimum withdrawal age.

Tennis traditionally was a blue blood sport so I suspect fees for the children of the rich are in the tens of thousands a year. In tennis you still see multi-millionaires to billionaires children dot the top ranks of players. Jessica Pegula is an example of this and many past champions were children of industrialists or actors/directors etc.