Favorite Player

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Who's your favorite white player AND black player right now?

My favorite white player is Jeremy Shockey, because he has ball's..He is not afraid of any black player and he can talk in front of everyone..And he is the best tight end and one of the dangerous treath on the air.

My favorite black player is Marvin Harrison(because Marshall Faulk is not here)Harrison caught every pass that Manning throw to him and he is never celebrating, he know the respect, Marvin will never push Manning like a Braylon Edwards. Marvin Harrison is a civilize guys.

My favorite current white player is A.J. Hawk, one of the few bright spots on Green Bay's dismal defense. He's got a great career ahead of him. I don't really have a favorite current black player, but if I had to give you one I'd say Donald Driver. I don't knowmuch about his personal life, but he seems less "thugged out"than most black receivers.

Yes, I'm prejudiced towards Green Bay. Just wait 'til next year, right?
smiley2.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
favorite white player... Eric Weddle, in the NFL it would be Peyton Manning.

favorite black player... hard to come up with one. sorry.

Sean

Mentor
I like all the white players.

An interesting note on Marvin Harrison, whom the media portrays as such a nice guy, is that before the pro bowl last year, he and two other guys attacked three minors looking to get an autograph. It said Harrison applied a choke hold on one. Of course its pretty hush hush. Here's a link:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8339128

backrow

Hall of Famer
Harrison is more than capable of throwing a fit and getting upset over not getting enough balls for himself.

KG2422

Mentor
Doug Flutie. John Riggins. I would have probably enjoyed watching Don Meredith play. Tim Dwight is my favorite active player.

whiteCB

Master
My favorite players on offense are Matt Jones and Randy Moss(I know he's not to popular on here but I have my reasons).

My favorite players on defense are Brian Russell and Ronde Barber.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
My favorite players on offense are Matt Jones and Randy Moss(I know he's not to popular on here but I have my reasons)

What are they?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Peyton Manning, Matt Jones, and Kris Mangum; Peyton because he's the Archie's son and is a good guy, Matt because he runs like Archie used to. Kris because he's an old time Billy Brewer recruited and coached Rebel. My favorite player used to be Joe Montana.

Its hard to say, but I guess my favorite black player right now is probably Tiki Barber. It used to be Thurmon Thomas.

Bart

Hall of Famer
After watching last week's Giants game, I'd have to say Jeremy Shockey. I wish more white players had his attitude.

I like Dwight Clark of the Colts. Drew Brees. Wes Welker.

Black players...I think I like L. Tomlinson. Not a lot of end zone theatrics, but he is definately good at his craft.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ben Roethlisberger and Larry Fitzgerald. As a kid I always liked Barry Sanders, I just think he embodied how an athlete should act. He might be a little eccentric off the field but on the field he was great, hard working and showed humility. Larry Fitzgerald is like that as well.

Currently: Mike Alstott and ... sorry, can't think
of any that behave themselves
smiley36.gif

NFL All-Time: Larry Czonka and Walter Payton.

I really like AJ Hawk, but I'd have to say my favorite is Peyton Manning. He is the closest you'll get to a perfect QB.

As far as a favorite black player, I like Ladinian Tomlinson. Great running back, doesn't show off and more importantly has that awesome visor
smiley17.gif

Freedom

Mentor
Matt Jones, Tom Brady(because he is not Archie's son), and Brian Finneran(because look what he had to deal with).

For blacks, nothing against McNabb or Darren Sharper(I don't think I have anything against them anyways; I don't know their discipline record)

G

I love an underdog, so I always thought Dat Nguyen was the ultimate in this regard. If you think Whites suffer under negative stereotyping, you can only begin to imagine what this guy went through.

Too small (re: too Vietnamese) coming out of High-School, too small coming out of College. Somehow managed to earn Bednarik and Lombardi despite the BS. Starter in the NFL by his 2nd season, led the Dallas D in tackles multiple times. In '03 led the best defense in the League (figuratively, and for tackles) and the guy got over-looked for the Pro-Bowl.

Always a fan-favourite and retired with little ado. Now a devoted family man with 3 kids. Didn't hang around in the leaugue for a decade after declining...didn't cause a fuss over the negative stereotyping and lack of media hype/respect...didn't poison the locker-room. Re-entered normal society with dignity. What's not to like?

nguyen-dat-vsneb98.jpg

nguyen.jpg

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
It's hard for me to come up with one...I'm not too good at that...

Current ; Offense: Bruce Gradkowski (a small mobile white
QB), Mike Alstott, Matt Jones; if
I had to pick one I'd go
Alstott . Defense: Adam Archuletta
: worked his tail off to get
where he is today!

Black; Offense: Tiki Barber;
Defense: The Kenyon guy on the Bears, Ogunleye I think is how you spell
it.

Retired; White: John Riggins, Black: Barry Sanders

Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

backrow

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Defense:  Adam  Archuletta
:  worked  his  tail  off  to  get 

yeah, to Redskins bench...

smiley7.gif

JD074

Master
All time: Steve Largent

Current: All the white receivers. Special mention to Mike Furrey for having such a great year.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bill Romanowski.

Ronnie Lott, for teaching a rookie named Romanowski to never take sh*t from anybody.