Fall of the White Defensive Lineman

Freedom

Mentor
Aside from the Bills and a few exceptions the D-line is Caste Central; it is full of fat, trash talking black men. I was wondering when the D-Line position became black only. I mean, there were lots of whites that played it in the 1980s and I think even the early 90s, when the Caste System was already well in place.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The d-line blackened along with the rest of the defensive positions in the '80s, with a gradual worsening since then. The undefeated 1972 Dolphins had only one black starter on defense. The Dolphins team that went to the Super Bowl following the '84 season was still majority white on defense; by the early '90s their defense was all black, all of which happened during the reign of the same head coach, Don Shula. Then again, as early as themid '70s, the Steelers "Steel Curtain" was all black on the line but had 4 white starters altogether (3 linebackers and a safety). The Jets "Sack Exchange" of the '80s was the last prominentwhite dominatedd-line -- Gastineau, Klecko andLyons were the three mainstays.

This is the best season for white defensive ends in quite a while, in thatall of thefew who start range from very good to dominating. Aaron Kampman's having his best season as is Justin Smith. Jared Allen has become a beast. Aaron Schobel is one of the best, and ends like Kyle Vanden Bosch, Brett Keisel, Aaron Smith, Chris Kelsay and Travis Laboy are all very solid.

White tackles are really scarce. Givenhow important brute strength is for tackles and nose tacklesand that whites dominate in strength, the Caste System is particularly absurd at this position.Edited by: Don Wassall

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
how can you possibly think that white guys can compete wif reel defensive line afaletes like da ones b'low, dawg? just look how afaletic dey be lookin'.
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif

keithtraylor.jpg

keith traylor, now wif da Dolphins, looking slim

warrensapp.jpg

warren sapp, now wif da Raida's, showing off his ripped abs

jamalwilliams.jpg

jamal williams, #76 in your programs and #1 in your hearts, striking an afaletic posture

backrow

Hall of Famer
and compare him to Olshansky (who btw has huge potential yet untapped) and how athletic number 99 looks... not much fat at all, and is one of the strongest guys in the NFL.

Freedom

Mentor
Fred Smerlas was an excellent defensive tackle and I was thinking about old Bills games on ESPN Classic with him and how good he was.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Freedom said:
Fred Smerlas was an excellent defensive tackle and I was thinking about old Bills games on ESPN Classic with him and how good he was.
Freddie Smerlas lined up as noseguard in his prime and was the best noseguard for years. I think he went to 6 probowls as noseguard/defensive tackle. Also Freddie was never at loss for words he had his own radio show in Buffalo and was loved by the media at one time.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Derek Landri from ND looks as if he will be drafted as a DT, but I don't see any other potential white DTs this draft..

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Jamal Williams looks like the fat guy who played in The Replacements with Keanu Reeves. I can't tell if he is hitching up his pants or grabbing his crotch. Edited by: White Shogun

backrow

Hall of Famer
ocaamikedm11 said:
Derek Landri from ND looks as if he will be drafted as a DT, but I don't see any other potential white DTs this draft..

Quinn Pitcock

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I hope Pittcock is white. Craig Terrill and Ryon Bingham are two guys that are unheralded but are very good.

nj816

Pitcock is white. The best white defensive tackle is Kelly Gregg without question. He is arguably one of the best period, but toils in relative obscurity due to his pigmentation disorder.

Was happy when Gregg got a fumble and ran 50 or 60 yards early this season. That was a legit instance of a white man 'chugging' down the field.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Matt_Bowen_Fan said:
Was happy when Gregg got a fumble and ran 50 or 60 yards early this season. That was a legit instance of a white man 'chugging' down the field.

You forgot to throw in stumblin and bumblin.

Bart said:
Matt_Bowen_Fan said:

You forgot to throw in stumblin and bumblin.

I forget; what were his 40 times at the Combine? He has better balance than that anyway. I suppose I should have said he ran faster than a speeding bullet or some other tripe to satisfy you, Bart. Its not as if he makes that sort of run routinely, I doubt that any D-line players do.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Matt_Bowen_Fan said:
I suppose I should have said he ran faster than a speeding bullet or some other tripe to satisfy you, Bart.

That is not the point. This thread was about the emergence ofthe grossly fat athletic black linemen who have been supplanting whites.Photos were shown with descriptive comments provided. Someone also said the best white defensive tackle is Gregg Kelly, who is one of the best period. You countered the praise directed toward him with scoffing criticism, which is of course your prerogative.Edited by: Bart

backrow

Hall of Famer
to be honest, some black linebcker was running back the interception and they also described this situation as him rumbling or chugging.
smiley2.gif

Deus Vult

Mentor
Right now, on the NFL.com poll, Aaron Kampman trails Merriman and Jason Taylor for Defensive Player of the Year. He is ahead of Julius Peppers and Damico Ryans.

Well the performance of white Defensive linemen has been very good this
year....

Zack Thomas leads the NFL in tackels right now with 153.
Brian Urlacker comes in 5th with 135

Aaron Kampman leads the NFL in sacks per game averaging 15.5
Aaron Schobel comes in 3rd with 13.5...

Those are the two most important categorys regarding the measurment
of defensive performance. In the last six years only once has a white guy
led the league in either of these categorys. That being Zack Thomas back
in 2004, when he led the league in tackels.

Go to ESPN.com and look up player statistics. Edited by: OC football