Evangelical Christians

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Would you also reject someone who offered to buy you a lottery ticket each today? You would have nothing to lose and a chance of winning. Would you reject that? Of course not!

Again, People who reject religion do so because their scared it may stand in the way of having fun or they may lose out on something, it may be too hard to follow or they may miss a some great opportunity.
But nobody, I repeat, nobody rejects something that they feel wont hurt them or hinder their life in some way. It's just human nature......

I think those are some excellent points, Spacehillbilly.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
So your religious views are analogous to playing a lottery? You're gambling on the other some thousands of religions, and distinct Christian denominations and sects being wrong and yours being right and you getting into heaven? Ok, if you could pray for me to get into heaven too, that would be swell. But I don't think that this analogy works because the existence of a lottery is verifiable and you'd know at the end of the day whether your ticket won or not.

I don't believe that this is true at all. It's not true for me, and when I read something like Twain's "Letters from the Earth" I really don't believe that he secretly rejected Christianity because he was a violent person or desired to have butt sex. What you say is illogical, people often believe in religion because they are afraid of supernatural consequences but they don't usually come to reject it if it tries to curbs some of their desires. They just ask for "forgiveness" and pray twice as hard. Most people reject religion because they simply don't believe that it is true.

If you get into a debate about religion you are going to get thrashed by logic every time, as the post above shows. If you are going to have faith you are going to have to abandon pure reason, that's the trade-off. I think it's far more effective to just simply state that you believe just 'because' and cite the benefits rather then try to reason someone into the position. You have to get through the difficult journey of life, and there are times when reason is needed and times when something else is desired.

The bible is not going to help you solve a mathemetical problem and a math book is not going to comfort you when tragedy strikes. It's probably better to strike some sort of balance that works for you. Many of the greatest scientific thinkers were very religious as well.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Even as a fundamentalist, supecessionalist Baptist...I wouldn't encourage "religious debate" on CF. It tends to be divisive & derail us from what our key goal (for here) should be...supporting White athletes, the White race & calling out the cultmarx caste system.

I can share that Christ is the Son of Gold who died (& rose again) for everyone's sin...and ONLY through Him is salvation found. However, I cannot force anyone here to believe that truth. Therefore, I'm not going to use this website as a platform to proselytize. If folks choose to be atheists, agnostics, pagans or satanists....be that choice unto them. Bottom line...let's stick to our common ground here (as above stated). :)

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Nice posts, everyone, thanks for sharing.

If I was a God, an all-powerful, immortal, ubiquitous, and omniscient being, I wouldn’t “judge” a human life based upon some contrived measure of “good deeds” versus “evil deeds”…I would covet its intricate frailty.

The existence of God, in many respects, is far less lovely, emotive, or sacred than even the most wretched of human lives. The archetypal model of “God” is that of a celestial observer which cannot die, cannot fall in love, cannot mate, cannot change its form, cannot strive for any higher form of enlightenment (for it has already reached a zenith), cannot touch, cannot feel pain, cannot end, and cannot begin anew.

To me, God’s very presence within the universe seems to be a dreary, cold, and ironically non-spiritual blueprint for enslavement…but perhaps he/it endures such a nihilistic, prosiac burden so that we may experience the unique days that compose the symphony of human life?

Despite attending a Christian church for my entire life and being born into a very religious family, my internal quarrelling with the notion of “God” has been an incessant pondering of mine. I’ve always possessed “faith” that some manifestation of God does tangibly exist, but only because I’ve personally sensed God’s grand impression upon my own life so regularly. Although, I’ll certainly admit that my perceived interactions with God may be nothing but a natural human desire to “identify” with something that I wish to come true.

If God really does have “the whole world in his hands,” then I suppose a mere mortal shouldn’t concern himself with the wilderness that is God's dermal ridges.

Last edited:

Tom Iron

Mentor
The Jewish sage, Hillel, is said to be the first to put into words, the "Golden Rule." Don't do unto others, what you wouldn't want done to yourself." Notice, he used a negative. In Christianity, it's said the other way around, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

My question is, when Hillel and Jesus were with us, they spoke about a united people, the Jews. But do others, such as blacks, orientals, arabs, etc. have it in them to function in this way, or is it completely foreign to them? If they're not set up, intellectually, or emotionally, to live their lives according to the golden rule, then isn't it suicidal for a group, in this case Christians to try and proceed as if they are? Which brings into question the feasability of Christian morality. Just wondering

Tom Iron...