espn sportscenter

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Even if we did watch through secondary sources Mapleleaf it wouldn't make much of a difference. The average DWF loves his football. However once we get some of them to understand what is happening this is where a change can be made.

bigunreal

Mentor
I think the NFL is the way it is because of a larger political agenda, not because it's seeking more money for its product. This is the reason why so many commercials feature stupid white men and "cool" black guys with hot blonde chicks. No company could logically think, or prove, that such advertising causes more people to buy their product. In fact, it should be obvious to them that a lot of people would be turned off by it. They don't care, because they're not selling products, they're selling an agenda.

The only way to adversely impact the NFL would be for companies to stop buying sky suites and season tickets. They priced the average fan out of professional sports a long time ago, and without all the corporate support, there wouldn't be enough drunk white fans in the stands to buy their overpriced beer, hot dogs, etc. I'm still not sure what that would mean for the Caste System, but it would almost certainly make things at least a little better.

icsept

Master
Kenny Mayne should be fired for that atrocity. Not even close to being funny. "Slow Ass White Boys playing safety"!!!??I'd like to see Chuck Cecil, Scott Case or John Lynch take a full speed hit on Kenny Mayne and watch that b**chcry.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"I think the NFL is the way it is because of a larger political agenda, not because it's seeking more money for its product."

Agreed. I never thought it was about money, either. It is about money when it comes to gambling / point spreads / injury reports, however.

The political agenda you speak of has become so blatantly obvious over the past decade that it's obscene.

It goes beyond affirmative action, beyond all the fairness and equality bullsh*t the media claims to care about....it more of a downright hatred for the "majority," white males.

The most hilarious thing is....WHITE WOMEN ARE BY FAR THE MAJORITY IN THIS COUNTRY!

By that rationale, shouldnt they be ones who the media blasts on a daily basis? Shouldnt they be shown in a negative light in every commercial, TV show, newscast, newspaper article, athletic event? Na.

As Bigunreal said, white males are made to feel inferior nearly every minute on TV, the great mind-control device of our time. I know it's a touchy subject here, but I don't care anymore....who OWNS and CONTROLS TV and NEWS? Better yet, why ethnicity of people?

What good forture for those in power that people fail to think.Edited by: Thrashen

G

None of these sniffers could really explain themselves or apply any reasoning to their statements. They speak more in the jargon of a cult with no objectivity to their thought process what little they had. If you asked Mayne what race has to do with speed or athletic performance the kid would probably drop dead from the stress of actually having to think and answer for themselves. Edited by: wile

Sean

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
Could you imagine the reaction of Americans from 50 years ago if they were frozen in time and then transported to the Idiocracy of 2008?  Football and basketball programs with mostly black announcers, many of whom don't even have basic grammar skills?  Amazing stuff, and it's never going to work.  That's right, it's already breaking down financially.  The contrived racial engineering schemes will be next.

If you remember a Pitcher named Dizzy Dean, he became famous for his blunders as a sportscaster. He was from Arkansas, and really played it up. He actually recieved letters from English teachers asking him to use correct grammar. The common people found him very entertaining though.

However, he was an exception. All broadcaster and sportscasters were "normal" so to speak, in that they just called the game properly and that was that. Dean stood out of the crowd, and was very unique which is why people enjoyed his sportscasting. However, today it would be unique to find a sportscaster you can understand, or even who knows what is going on.

Tony Kornheiser is easy enough to understand the words he saying, but never why he says it, or what he's talking about. As was mentioned, Sharpe, Sapp etc have no "mic" skills. Its rediculous.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Sean,

There's a story that says that when Dizzy Dean was broadcasting a game, a pinch hitter came up who had a long Polish name that Dean couldn't pronounce and after a couple of tries, he said words to the effect that the hitters name didn't matter that much because he wasn't going to be in the big leagues long enough for ayone to know it.

How's that for insensitive?

Tom Iron...

Sean

Mentor
Tom Iron said:
Sean,

There's a story that says that when Dizzy Dean was broadcasting a game, a pinch hitter came up who had a long Polish name that Dean couldn't pronounce and after a couple of tries, he said words to the effect that the hitters name didn't matter that much because he wasn't going to be in the big leagues long enough for ayone to know it.

How's that for insensitive?

Tom Iron...

Dean definately was a character. There's a pretty good movie about him I saw with my dad. It's called the Pride of St. Louis and is from 1952. The point about Dean was that his style of delivery, poor grammar, etc. was unique to him. Don mentioned what would fans from 50 years ago think today? They would wish Dizzy Dean's grammar was back!
smiley5.gif

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Some of you gentlemen missed my point above. If you object to a show or dislike it, the sensible thing to do is not watch it. Talk show hosts, television shows, and, yes, sports broadcasts live and die by their ratings. So don't say you dislike the show but continue to support it by watching it. And if you really dislike enough, you can complain to the broadcast regulating body and they will investigate. You can also use civil liberty groups and media watchdog groups to your advantage. But you cannot just keep watching it -that is not doing anything.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Sean said:
Dean definately was a character. There's a pretty good movie about him I saw with my dad. It's called the Pride of St. Louis and is from 1952. The point about Dean was that his style of delivery, poor grammar, etc. was unique to him. Don mentioned what would fans from 50 years ago think today? They would wish Dizzy Dean's grammar was back!
smiley5.gif

Dizzy Dean's nephew (and "Daffy" Dean's grandson) was a poster here for a while but hasn't been heard from for about three years.