Dylan Laube - playmaker

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Dylan Laube, the senior tailback for the University of New Hampshire, has gone unnoticed for far too long. but no longer!

after his record-setting performance on the road against Central Michigan of the FBS on Sept. 9, the 5-foot-10, 208-lb highlight reel was finally noticed … and in a BIG way:
  • Reese's Senior Bowl Offensive Player of the Week
  • Shrine Bowl Offensive Breakout Player of the Week
  • New England Football Writers Association Gold Helmet Award
  • CAA co-Offensive Player of the Week
  • Light On College Sports Standout FCS All-Purpose Performer
  • CFPA Honorable Mention FCS National Performer of the Week
despite his team coming up short on the scoreboard, the tailback broke the program record for single-game receiving yards with 295 on a career-high 12 receptions. he also finished with 371 all-purpose yards and three touchdowns, including 71-yard and 80-yard TD receptions. of his 295 receiving yards, 262 (89 percent) came after the catch.

his 295 receiving yards and 371 all-purpose yards are both best in the FCS this season. Laube's other stats included seven rushes for 30 yards, one kickoff return for 28 yards and a punt return for 18 yards.

this comes just one week after he was also named to two other weekly awards, on that occasion for his special teams performance: the FedEx Ground FCS National recipient as well as CAA Football conference honoree.

in that September 4 victory, Laube’s national-leading 229 all-purpose yards was highlighted by 109 return yards, including a 58-yard punt return touchdown and 51 yards on two kickoff returns. he managed to score three total touchdowns on the day, as well.

interestingly, Laube broke the UNH single-game receiving yards record of 284 established by All-American wide receiver David Ball on Oct. 2, 2004. Ball is one of the most egregious examples of the Caste System in the last 20 years.

it’s past time for playmaker Dylan Laube to have his own thread.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

maxres.jpg

2024 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview: Dylan Laube, RB, New Hampshire​

Draft Diamonds

sprintstar

Mentor
His agility/cuts/reversal of direction is on par with CM as are his first 3-5 strides of explosiveness, very hard to bring down, good top end speed and great hands. Needs to clean up his sprinting form a bit when going to the house. Should be a starter for a big School and could easily be a starter in the NFL.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
@Jimmy Chitwood - thanks for starting this thread. Great idea. We have certainly gotten away from highlighting individual players on the site, might be a good idea to bring that back.

Some highlights from his performance last Saturday. Reminds me of Danny Woodhead (and that is a compliment as Woodhead was a damned good pro player)

Highlights from week one

TwentyTwo

Master
THANKS Jimmy C! I haven't made many individual college player threads ...but did make WR Cooper Kupp back in 14' at FCS Eastern Washington

Made sure to include Dylan Laube in 2023 RB thread i started
POST #10 August 7th

In the Week Two thread had to post 6 receptions 120 yards so early in the game that jumped off the screen in the Stat-line! That turned into 12 - 295! This is another White RB that should get an NFL opportunity! At 5'-10" 207 that's an ideal size! Nope cant bulk em up to play Fullback bruh! That goes for Steele; Shipley & Skattebo too!

Can remember a FCS (Villanova) All-purpose RB Matt Szczur getting some NFL interest ; but opted for MLB instead; not as big at 5"-11: 190 back in 07'.

Of course a CF FCS all time Favorite was Zach Zenner ....even the ex black college basketball player at the YMCA could not understand WHY he was not even Drafted! when i explained to him this RB had THREE consecutive 2,000 + yard rushing seasons!! Crazy impressive at any level!

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Zach Zenner was such a huge talent. Yet even when our guys rush for over 6000 yards in 3 season the NFL has little interst. He has
around 6 or 7 percent body fat adn could run a 4.3. in the 40 all day long. Yet his white skin was the reason he was not wanted or needed.

Rocky B

Master
Zach Zenner was such a huge talent. Yet even when our guys rush for over 6000 yards in 3 season the NFL has little interst. He has
around 6 or 7 percent body fat adn could run a 4.3. in the 40 all day long. Yet his white skin was the reason he was not wanted or needed.
Trey Lance did well for a small school for one season and teams were slobbering to get him. Zenner ruled for three seasons and nothing.
SDSU had a running back drafted by delusional Bellichek that had half of Zenner’s projection. Makes no sense, aside from racial bias.
Can’t debate this bs lurkers

Bucky

Hall of Famer
The FCS CMac went to New Hampshire because no coaches wanted to send a scout to a small, rural area, called Long Island New York. LOL

I hope Laube keeps tearing it up and forces a Senior Bowl Invite. Who knows maybe I was too haste in my opinions of Steele and Laube. We’re seeing some small cracks at RB.

Warhawk_46

Master
The FCS CMac went to New Hampshire because no coaches wanted to send a scout to a small, rural area, called Long Island New York. LOL

I hope Laube keeps tearing it up and forces a Senior Bowl Invite. Who knows maybe I was too haste in my opinions of Steele and Laube. We’re seeing some small cracks at RB.
I think a lot of it will rest on Shipley and Laube. I’m less convinced about Steele given the way he emasculates defenders is a really poor optic for DWF’s to see on Sundays. The Marxists in charge cannot allow for white men to realize they are inferior to no one.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I think a lot of it will rest on Shipley and Laube. I’m less convinced about Steele given the way he emasculates defenders is a really poor optic for DWF’s to see on Sundays. The Marxists in charge cannot allow for white men to realize they are inferior to no one.

That is true yet I have a feeling if the league screws over Carson Steele he is likely to go public about it. They would probably just say we
will give you hundreds of millions of dollars to go into wrestling to shut him up. He strikes me as alpha male that will make noise if they
try to screw him over. I don't see him being quiet like Ryan Nall. Keeping your mouth shut will never get you anywhere in life. Have courage
and be bold. Demand a chance to start as he is a stud. I'm rooting for all 3 of these guys but I think Laube has the toughest challenge
because he is from a smaller school. That effects our guys more than there's for some odd reason. Must be that white skin!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

Good catch. Here’s his HS resume.

Before UNH
As a senior, led Westhampton to a 12-0 record and the school’s first Long Island Class III championship by scoring a Long Island-record 47 touchdowns and rushing for a school-record 2,680 yards on 249 carries... in the Long Island Class III championship game, rushed for 227 yards and school-record six touchdowns... career numbers included 101 TDs and 6,495 rushing yards on 687 carries; caught 64 passes for 1,234 yards and another 14 TDs, and also returned five kickoffs for TDs...co-winner of the prestigious Carl A. Hansen Award, given to the top football player on Long Island... selected a member of the USA Today ALL-USA New York Football Team... picked to play in the Empire Challenge All-Star Game... Newsday All-Long Island selection...also played lacrosse at Westhampton.
Now Westhampton is a small school district (class III), but he did about everything he could to be seen by scouts getting even USA Today’s attention. I think a black from class III who dominated would get offers from a smaller FBS program.

Many years ago now, there was a running back Brock Jackolski who dominated Long Island football. He played for William Floyd HS, which is the top Class I school in Suffolk County year after year. During Brock’s time on varsity they were 33-0. Other than Freeport (Nassau County) maybe, they are arguably the best HS football program on LI. Well what happened to Brock after dominating Class I? Only recruited (couldn’t find offers) by UConn, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Hofstra. He chose the local school and did great until they folded their football program. Then he went to another local school, Stony Brook, as the bigger schools still weren’t interested. He did great there as well. Unfortunately he was injured bad before or at his pro day. That killed any chance of getting a sniff from the pros.

My point in mentioning Brock, is that even if you are the best player from the best program in the biggest school category on Long Island, you won’t get interest if you are a White RB. Sadly, Laube is probably lucky to get a chance at a good FCS program like UNH.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for posting this. I'm sure many of us had forgotten about Brock Jackolski but it's good to bring him up. Yes Laube is lucky to land
at a good school that believes in his as Carson Steele was with Ball St.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Appreciate the regional insight! Laube would have been offered by BC,UConn, Rutgers, UMass, etc If he had “upside” no doubt in my mind.. Making the most of his situation though at UNH.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Yet over the past what 4-10 years we've seen white TE's emerge and dominate. Gronkowski, Kelce, Kittle, etc. Especially Gronk. Even in retirement he's everywhere still in the public eye making millions in commercial/endorsement deals. Gronk totally dominated LB's and DB's totally emasculating all defenders. Total domination. Barring injuries, Gronk would have been the best TE ever, now it's Kelce. Gronk enforced his will on everyone and that's what it's going to take. Steele reminds me a little of Gronk, but at a different position. Not only are they dominant at their position, but charismatic to boot.
I don't know about the Laube kid, and personally I'm partial to Shipley. I've watched Shipley more than anyone here, probably, because he's from NC, but after seeing Steele and know his story, I think he has the best chance of any white RB since McCaffrey whose father isn't famous. As I stated earlier, for Steele to leave small town Indiana for LA, that tells me something. He wants it or at least it seems that way. He could've played it safe and stayed in the midwest. How many posters here said he'd made a mistake going out to UCLA. I think it could wind up being the best decision. He has guts and courage and runs with aggression and is quick. Unlike Nall, he's not 6.3, 240 lbs., so they can't put him at FB necessarily and they can't say he's too small, McCaffrey 5'11 195-200, because he's 6'1 220. Perfect size for RB in the NFL.
No, I think it could be time to see more white RB's emerge in Steele, Shipley, etc. I'm hoping we see something happen at the RB position like we see in TE's. May not be as many coming in as quick, but it seems this could be a new beginning for white RB's.
If Steele and Shipley do make it, it's possible it could rub off on future white players.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Excellent post Carolina Speed. Yes Steele is the real deal. No doubt about it as is Shipley. If all 3 make the NFL I will be pumped!

jacque

Guru
Note about Laube and New Hampshire, Former white New Hampshire RB Dalton Crosssn played for the colts and buccaneers practice squad in 2017-2018.

It shows that it’s possible Laube makes it, Crossan was a far inferior prospect statistically, although he did have a phenomenal pro day with a 4.4 40

Laube and Crossan were both do it all returner/rb/pass catchers but Laube is a superior pure runner, but both are considered slightly undersized by nfl standards Laube at 5’10” 205 in college, Crossan at 5’11 205 in the nfl I believe. Crossan was a multi sport Uber athlete who plays lacrosse professionally now, so he didn’t carry a typical RB physique, he looked like a decathlon athlete, not a boulder.

Laube can enter the draft at 5’11” 215 same as Bijan Robinson, and put up similar combine to Robinson, and still be called undersized and not nfl caliber.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Note about Laube and New Hampshire, Former white New Hampshire RB Dalton Crosssn played for the colts and buccaneers practice squad in 2017-2018.

It shows that it’s possible Laube makes it, Crossan was a far inferior prospect statistically, although he did have a phenomenal pro day with a 4.4 40

Laube and Crossan were both do it all returner/rb/pass catchers but Laube is a superior pure runner, but both are considered slightly undersized by nfl standards Laube at 5’10” 205 in college, Crossan at 5’11 205 in the nfl I believe. Crossan was a multi sport Uber athlete who plays lacrosse professionally now, so he didn’t carry a typical RB physique, he looked like a decathlon athlete, not a boulder.

Laube can enter the draft at 5’11” 215 same as Bijan Robinson, and put up similar combine to Robinson, and still be called undersized and not nfl caliber.

Excellent write up jacque. Crossan was dynamic and very explosive. Dylan Laube is a very similar player and off to a great start. He was
unstoppable last weekend. Let's hope he tears it up and gets an NFL Combine Invite!

Warhawk_46

Master
That is true yet I have a feeling if the league screws over Carson Steele he is likely to go public about it. They would probably just say we
will give you hundreds of millions of dollars to go into wrestling to shut him up. He strikes me as alpha male that will make noise if they
try to screw him over. I don't see him being quiet like Ryan Nall. Keeping your mouth shut will never get you anywhere in life. Have courage
and be bold. Demand a chance to start as he is a stud. I'm rooting for all 3 of these guys but I think Laube has the toughest challenge
because he is from a smaller school. That effects our guys more than there's for some odd reason. Must be that white skin!
This is a very good point. Carson knows deep down he is the best running back on the field any given Saturday in soon to be Sunday. Some of our men have maybe not felt that way such as Toby, Gerhart, Christian McCaffrey, and Carson Steele know they are the best and won’t accept anything less than what they deserve.