draft day reflections.....

psychosid

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in with my opinions on this years draft. All in all, with the exception of the first round, which was a typical caste disgrace, rounds 2 thru 7 were pretty good to our guys, of course some players got screwed, but the screwing over was not only whiite players, but some well known black players. So below, i have listed the good.....the bad.....and the ugly....lol

1. ERIC WEDDLE: This was a great pic, the 7th overall DB, and the 5th saftey off the board. He was picked ahead of marcus maccauly (a bigger and faster player), damian hughes, aaron rouse, josh gattis & eric wright. This pick makes a statment that the chargers believe that he is a starter for them. Great job bolts!

2. BRIAN LEONARD: Also a great pic, he was the 5th RB taken, although like all of you, i think he should have been taken 3rd off the board, but he was taken before a few backs who put up faster 40 times then him (antonio pittman). The fact that he was taken in the 2nd round tells us that he is NOT going to be a fullback, he will be a tailback, and he will get his chance to show what he can do in training camp.

3. SABBY PISCITELLI: A guy who was rated a 2nd day pic, moved himself into the 2nd round with a lights out combine. I think this guy has the size/speed combo that just cant be ignored, and 15 interceptions cant hurt, and maybe, JUSTTTTTTT maybe, being that they run a cover 2 and ronde barber is in his 30's, he might be moved to cornerback (hey we can dream right..lol)

THE BAD:

1. BRADY QUINN: This is a complete joke, that took place, in my opinion because the raiders didnt want to deal with the heat of "they took brady over jamarcus cuase he is white" garbage that we all know would have taken place if quinn was the first round pic, his drop was purely racial in my opinion, and its a friggin joke. Russel will be a bust in my opinion and Quinn will have a much better career.

2. TIM SHAW: I know and i agree, how in the world can the 2nd fastest linebacker be taken in the 5th round, he should have been at worst a 3rd round pic, but hey, the fastest linebacker in the draft (Quincy Black, who is black) went in the 3rd, so to be honest, i dont think race had much to do with his drop, because i think both shaw and black should have been 2nd round pics.

3. JOHN WENDLING: This has me scratching my head, this guy is more or less the same player as piscitelli, and he gets picked 4 rounds later, i dont get it. This one again, i dont think is racial, because the colts took brannon condron in the 4th round, and he is white. But still, this guy is an athletic beast, and should have been a late 2nd or early 3rd round pic.

4. DAVID BALL: This is a joke, but to be honest, so is Rhema McKnight (of notre dame, 15 TD's this year) not getting drafted, both of these guys are better then half of the receivers drafted, so both of these guys, got screwed over the worst. So with this situation, not so sure race had much to do with it, just retarted coaches not knowing football talent if it fell on thier heads!

So let me know what you think, all in all, it was not a bad draft from our point of view. Yes, a few of our guys should have been drafted much higher, but you can make the same case for a few black players also (darius walker, not drafted, ben patrick, 7th round, troy smith, 5th round) etc. I think that the tide is turning a little, not much, but a bit. So lets be positive and see what happens, because i really belive the guys drafted in the first 2 rounds, are going to be given EVERY chance to be successful.

jared

Mentor
I agree with everything you mentioned.
Don't forget the good in that unheralded guys like Condren, Will Herring, and Korey Hall who were hardly mentioned on most draftwebsites were also drafted. All in all a good day. It would appear we have a bonafide tailback in the league now with Leonard. Edited by: jared

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Psycho, I wouldn't be to upset about Quinn dropping...he will have less pressure from the media than Russell and he has one of his own that will be protecting his blind side
smiley32.gif

Wendling will hopefully make alot of teams regret on passing him. The Bills actually have 3 white safeties now
smiley32.gif
if you count Coy Wire.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i didn't realize Rhema McKnight didn't get picked either! i thought other than couple of white players and Chris Leak
smiley17.gif
noone got a shaft... oh well, it's up to Zabransky, Wendling and others to prove their worth now.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
I'm happy Wendling fell because I could care less what round these guys got picked.. I want them to get into a situation that suits them (Same for Brady quinn). Wendling should have an opportunity to see playing time with the Bills and then he has to make the most of it..

backrow

Hall of Famer
i'd see it the same way OCAAMike, but not many 3rd or 4th round picks get cut or end up on practice squad their rookie season.

warrior16

Gentlemen,

I'm new here, finally deciding to post after a couple of reading the
fine prose and analysis this website has to offer. Also, I got sick of
looking at the Rivals message boards of my alma mater and the
sanctamonious African-American loving boobs who literally wet
themselves over every move these reprobates made.

I graduated from a major SEC school and had classes with one of the
fine linebackers drafted. You'll figure out which school soon enough,
but I can tell you that one of the running backs who got supremely
shafted during his tenure at my university should be given a chance to
play in the NFL. As a 5'11 white guy though, he won't, although his 40
time and skills are tremendous.

I'll begin to post regularly on SEC football matters. I've done some
work in the past with a number of reputable college football websites
and finally got sick of them for fear of tackling race issues.
Thankfully, that is where Castefootball.us comes in.

Edited by: warrior16

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Welcome aboard warrior16! We can always use informed input. Looking forward to reading your posts.

You'll figure out which school soon enough, but I can tell you that one of the running backs who got supremely shafted during his tenure at my university should be given a chance to play in the NFL. As a 5'11 white guy though, he won't, although his 40 time and skills are tremendous.

Sounds like Tre Smith at Auburn.

psychosid

hmmmm im thinking....Will Herring, and the running back ur talking about is tre smith...am i right?

bigunreal

Mentor
Sorry I can't share your optimism, psychosid. When you have two of the handful of white WRs slotted to start for their teams losing their starting jobs (Mike Furrey and Wes Welker), that alone makes it a bad draft for white players. When you throw in the usual discrimination against fast and productive white WRs, DBs, LBs, RBs and now even QBs, you have a very dismal state of affairs, imho. I just don't think this system will be overthrown by a sudden enlightenment on the part of the idiotic owners, general managers, coaches, jock-sniffing "journalists" and beer-drinking fans. The vast majority of these hard-core football fanatics are devoted believers in black athletic superiority. No amount of evidence will change that. Matt Jones and his unprecedented size/speed combo, which barely got him drafted in the first round, alone proves that. We need several former white players, well-known stars, to speak out boldly about the discrimination that is being waged daily against white athletes at every level of competition. We also need at least one truly maverick owner to buck the system and start building a team based on ability, and not some imaginary "athleticism." That really is our only hope.

warrior16

That was too easy. Sadly, for a team rich in white history like Auburn,
all we can recruit our Wunderlic wonders like David Irons who scores a
whopping 4 and Junior Rosegreen who scores - I believe - a 2.

Will Herring is going to be a solid NFL player. I hope he gets a chance
at Safety, because his intelligence could lead him to be a John Lynch
type player. He can deliever crushing hits and ensure that the other 10
defenders are in the correct alignment.

Tre Smith is an enigma. I'll never understand why he didn't transfer.
He knew what he was getting himself into. I believe he still thinks
that he should have started all of 2005. He had an average game against
Ga. Tech when we lost 23-14, but he missed a crucial block that
resulted in Brandon Cox being sacked for massive loss.

On a side note, although Auburn didn't recruit any white skilled
players, they have invited five white walkons, 2 receivers and 3 dbs.

This 2007 class was 50 percent white - one of the best in the SEC.

It is truly my belief that in the next few years you'll begin to see more whites taken the field in the SEC.

1. Blacks are incarcerated at a much higher rate as young men.

2. Low SAT and GPAs will keep them out of the schools, as academic
standards are rising quickly... except at the University of Alabama,
which consequently just lowered their standards, but with Nick Saban -
who ran off a true white RB talent in Heath Evans who was also shafted
at Auburn - we know his anti-white tendencies are on par with Jesse
Jackson.

3. Football is becoming more and more a complex game. Intelligence,
more than ever, equals winning. You see this with high schools all the
time. White suburban schools dominate inner city schools in the metro
Atlanta, thanks to willingness to utilize the talents at hand and play
to their intelligence in scheming. The same is translating to greater
sucess in college.

At some point in the near future, I'll post my Pre-Season ALL-American
team. This of course, meaning the College All-American white team.

Remember, LSU has an astounding RB in Hester (I think that his name, a talented whitey).

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
warrior16 said:
3. Football is becoming more and more a complex game. Intelligence, more than ever, equals winning. You see this with high schools all the time. White suburban schools dominate inner city schools in the metro Atlanta, thanks to willingness to utilize the talents at hand and play to their intelligence in scheming. The same is translating to greater sucess in college.

Welcome to the board, warrior16. I, too, am interested in reading your future contributions to the forum.

In the paragraph I've quoted above, you write that 'intelligence equals winning.' Do you believe that white athletes are better athletes than blacks in some aspects of sports because they are more intelligent? Or do you hold that whites can be and are as athletic as blacks?

In other words, do whites win football games in high school and college primarily because they're smarter and better organized, or does their athletic ability have something to do with it as well?

Thanks for the clarification.

white is right

Hall of Famer
KG2422 said:
I miss the 12 round drafts of old.
smiley13.gif
I do too. One good thing though is undrafted free agents can pick and choose their teams. So guys like Ball and others and go to a team that needs them. In the old days if you went to a deep team in the 12th round you were all but cut, by August 1st........
smiley36.gif

warrior16

WHITE SHOGUN ASKS:
In the paragraph I've quoted above, you write that 'intelligence equals
winning.' Do you believe that white athletes are better athletes than
blacks
in some aspects of sports because they are more intelligent? Or do you
hold
that whites can be and are as athletic as blacks?

In other words, do whites win football games in high school and college
primarily because they're smarter and better organized, or does their
athletic ability have something to do with it as well?</font>

My reply:

I believe that whites on an individual basis can be just as athletic, if not
more athletic then blacks. I just turned 24 and I love hitting the gym here
in Atlanta and watching blacks get mad when I do more weight them
then. THEY think that their so superior to us its incredible. The audacity
of blacks in sports now and their belief in biological superiority starts
around high school.

I went to a suburban school outside Atlanta and can tell you we had the
Class 5-A player of the year ( a black guy ) and our white running back
was more talanted then him. The black guy played at a major ACC school
and the white guy couldn't even get a look at D-1A schools, because he
wanted to stay at RB or CB. He went on to set major records in the NAIA
at a school in Illinois.

Whites are just as talented. It's just rare that we get the chance. Its
institutionalized starting in high school. However, I think you're beginning
to see the resurgence of the white athlete, albeit in spurts.

So to sum up... If you're a star white athlete in high school, you're
probably a stud at two-sports, baseball and football. how many whites
get drafted by the MLB and then languish around in the minors, instead of
going to be play Big-time college football?

That would be an interesting study. Consequently, a number of stud
whites make it to the MLB. Look at the Rockies and for that matter the
Braves.

Both teams are becoming increasingly all-white.

KG2422

Mentor
speedster said:
While we're at it why don't they just go back to 20 rounds.Could you imagine that.

Add enough rounds and maybe some of us will hear our names called.
smiley36.gif

Bronk

Mentor
warrior16 said:
3. Football is becoming more and more a complex game. Intelligence,
more than ever, equals winning. You see this with high schools all the
time. White suburban schools dominate inner city schools in the metro
Atlanta, thanks to willingness to utilize the talents at hand and play
to their intelligence in scheming. The same is translating to greater
sucess in college.

In reality football is no more complicated than it has ever been. Coaches today (who already have too much control) are simply trying to control the game more and more before the ball is snapped. It's still the same old game I played in the 1970s and 80s. But it is not the game my dad played in the 1950s or that my grandad played in a leather helmet.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Its good to see a summary of the draft info, because this old dial up connection is too slow for me to wade through the draft thread, and I missed most of the draft driving back to Mississippi. I hope David Ball can get on with some team though.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Kudos to all the athletes who we watch here and faired well this past weekend. All and all the situation is dismal. Being under whelmed by the whole ordeal, I did come up with some of the better developments.

Top five highlights of the 2007 draft

5:

Miami fans booing Miami's first pick.

4:

Bill Polian of the Colts still shows some sense of fairness.

3:

Brady Quinn might not have to live the nightmare of David Carr with Joe Thomas up front.

2:

Did I mention Miami's fans booing?

1:

Joe Thomas going fishing.

Edited by: Quiet Speed

Triad

Mentor
white shogun said:
In other words, do whites win football games in high school and college
primarily because they're smarter and better organized, or does their
athletic ability have something to do with it as well?</font>

All of the above. And when both teams are near equal then as always the officials and blind luck can play a huge part.

warrior16 said:
I just turned 24 and I love hitting the gym here in Atlanta and watching blacks get mad when I do more weight them then. THEY think that their so superior to us its incredible. The audacity of blacks in sports now and their belief in biological superiority starts around high school.

This is repeated daily around the country in city football or basketball leagues. Because a large percentage of blacks believe they are the superior athletic race, when they do begin to lose against their lighter opponents they can't handle it.

G

Its basically the power of Polical Correctness and the inate sense of fairness that whites value that is protecting blacks from a complete breakdown. Athletics and some of the arts is about all they have left. Imagine if a white RB with super freak abilities to attain the high peak of 2000 yards rushing would do to the tender psyches of the black community? IMHO the talent of the NBA is slipping out of their category and what we get is a hissy fit of bad behavior. If the NFL broke out with "crackers running wild" on both sides of the field I have no doubt we would see the same hissy fit.