Draft Day 2007

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Mike Williams was trade to the Raiders with Josh McCown. So I think that Furrey is the official 3rd receiver. He will have a good season but will not have 1000yard and 98 catches..

Expect from him like 700yards Edited by: lumsdenpower

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kaptain Poop said:
Wait a minute, let's amend that to just "white players" are over-rated. After all, Mel Kiper over-rated Brady Quinn and Greg Olsen. Those two were #1 on his best available almost all day. Who would have guessed that Mel Kiper's list would actually look white-freindly in comparison to the actual draft? That's sad.

I noticed that Kiper's best available list was half white to majority white all day long, even when it encompassed the 12 best available players. The league is a lot worse when it comes to drafting than the man who made a fortune being Mr. Caste System. Edited by: Don Wassall

backrow

Hall of Famer
Brian Robinson is off the board, 3rd pick of 4th round (102 overall) to... Vikings

Moss got traded to Patriots for 4th round pick... so much for Wes Welker getting any receptions

Zak DeOssie picked by Giants in 4th!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: backrow

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
Brian Robinson is off the board, 3rd pick of 4th round (102 overall) to... Vikings

Moss got traded to Patriots for 4th round pick... so much for Wes Welker getting any receptions

What's going on in New England??
smiley5.gif

Detroit Lions

Last year's #3 pick, Vince Young, 6 years - $58 million contract.

Last year's #22 pick, Manny Lawson, 5 years - $8.5 million contract.

$50 million bucks. Wow. Has anyone EVER lost as much potential money as Brady Quinn did yesterday? No wonder his girlfriend looked pissed.

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:

Corey Dillon calmed down after joining the Patriots. I suppose they feel they can keep Moss in line as well. Since I detest that punk, it will be hard for me to root for New England.

backrow

Hall of Famer
still undrafted players of interest:

Jared Zabransky QB

Scott Chandler TE - pick 129, 4th to San Diego

David Ball WR

Jay Moore DE - pick 105, 4th to 49ers

Tim Shaw OLB

Dallas Sartz OLB - pick 143, 5th round to Redskins

John Wendling FS

4th round is winding down...
smiley18.gif

Edited by: backrow

Detroit Lions said:
$50 million bucks.  Wow.  Has anyone EVER lost as much potential money as Brady Quinn did yesterday?  No wonder his girlfriend looked pissed.

I'd be kicking her ass to the curb if thats what she was thinking...

Bart said:
White Shogun said:

Corey Dillon calmed down after joining the Patriots.  I suppose they feel they can keep Moss in line as well.   Since I detest that punk, it will be hard for me to root for New England.

They did it because Randy Moss is another black player thats great for a team that's winning, but won't play hard for a losing/struggling team. That being said, its a bad, desperate move by the Pats to try and get back to the SB.

lumsdenpower said:
Mike Williams was trade to the Raiders with Josh McCown. So I think that Furrey is the official 3rd receiver. He will have a good season but will not have 1000yard and 98 catches..

Expect from him like 700yards

The ONLY plus is that Matrz runs three wideout sets most downs anyway, so Furrey can still get his shot. Plus, he'll be a better target for Kitna anyway.

PitBull

Guru
I'd hardly say that Quinn will lose that kind of money. Lawson was an
outside LB prospect and Quinn IS a top flight QB prospect. He'll get a lot
more than Lawson did for 5 years, I guarantee it.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070429/ COLUMNISTS01/704290408/1247/SPORTS

An article about the Colts' #1 pick. Try not to be startled when you reach the end.

And most compelling, he's half-Cuban on his father's side. His grandfather, it seems, once taught Fidel Castro in school, and the same grandfather helped engineer the overthrow of Fulgencio Batista, setting the stage for Castro. Eventually, the same grandfather lost faith in the Castro regime, and moved the family to the United States. If and when the Castro regime falls, Gonzalez hopes to return to Cuba to see his grandmother.
He was told that Indianapolis has a growing Hispanic community.
"I didn't know that about Indianapolis, but that's something that's very exciting to me,'' Gonzalez said. "My Hispanic background, my Cuban roots, are something that's very important to me. If you walked into my house and smelled the food, you couldn't mistake it for any other nationality but Cuban.''

backrow said:
first surprise white pick of day two, Colts picked Brannon Condren, FS from Troy

Its like reading about a damn horse. I'm not knocking Brandon, but whoever is writing these things...

Certainly looks the part, as he's a well-built athlete with a muscular frame, thick chest, broad shoulders, ripped upper body, tight waist and a frame that can carry at least another 10 pounds of bulk without it affecting his above average speed ...

jared

Mentor
backrow said:
still undrafted players of interest:

Jared Zabransky QB

Scott Chandler TE - pick 129, 4th to San Diego

David Ball WR

Jay Moore DE

Tim Shaw OLB

Dallas Sartz OLB - pick 143, 5th round to Redskins

John Wendling FS

4th round is winding down...
smiley18.gif
Jay Moore went at the top of the 4th to SF. I really can't believe Wendling hasn't gone yet.Edited by: jared

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Im suprised Wendling and Shaw are still on the board. Its frustrating to seeing talented guys like that with superior measurables and resumes not be drafted by now.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Go check the profile for the black receiver ind 3rd and 4rd round..That's all nobody who are not better then Ball..That piss me off..David Ball could be the new Jerry Rice
smiley7.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
Shaw, Herring and TE Brent Ceslak are all gone to Panthers, Seahawks and Eagles respectively. so is Derek Landri, DT from Notre Dame, picked by Jags.Edited by: backrow

Bart said:
speedster said:
I And for Sabby Piscitelli."Fantastic combine numbers running faster than he looked(he was too stiff and didn't move effortlessly)but he cranked out a 4.4 40 at 220 pounds."Need I say more.I'm done with these clowns from here on in I'll make my own observations.

I am really starting to hate these guys. Seriously! The kid runs a 4.4 40 but is too stiff? Faster than he looked.and didn't move effortlessly.
smiley7.gif

Speaking as a track coach, you like a smooth sprinter, but you like the guy who gets to the finish line first even more. As a football coach, i'd rather have my DB run stiffly and make the play than run "effortlessly" and not. Also, if he runs stiffly and finishes the 40 in 4.40, he has a lot of "upside" because some technique work just may make him a bit faster.

To repeat myself from previous posts, it certainly seems that a number of these writers/commentators start with the premise that blacks are better, no matter what. I seriously question their expertise.

Bart

Hall of Famer
highschoolcoach said:
Speaking as a track coach, you like a smooth sprinter, but you like the guy who gets to the finish line first even more. As a football coach, i'd rather have my DB run stiffly and make the play than run "effortlessly" and not. Also, if he runs stiffly and finishes the 40 in 4.40, he has a lot of "upside" because some technique work just may make him a bit faster.

Educational post.

G

Moss to the Patriots, I don't get that one. I thought they were smarter than that.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Once the draft is over ill do an analysis of white players drafted and let you guys know. I might do a breakdown by team as well.