Dominik Kopec "The Polish Bullet" 10.05

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Meeting in Dessau-Rosslau: Dominik Kopeć brushed against the Polish record for 100 meters!

10.05!
dominik-kopec.avif

Polskio Radio

During the meeting in Dessau-Rosslau, Germany, Dominik Kopeć achieved the second result in the history of Polish athletics in the 100 m run - 10.05. The record holder of the country is Marian Woronin, who covered this distance in 10.00 in 1984.
n the qualifying run, Kopec improved his personal record by 0.14 seconds - from 10.20 to 10.06. In the final, the Polish representative improved by 0.01 second and set a meeting record. Second was Yannick Wolf - 10.20.
The third place in Polish historical tables is occupied by Piotr Balcerzak and Dariusz Kuć - 10.15. The second of them achieved this result in 2011, so Kopeć obtained the best result in Poland for 12 years.
The sprinter of Agros Zamość also showed his good side during the 69th ORLEN Memorial of Janusz Kusociński, where he crossed the finish line in 10.21 seconds with a face wind of 1.4 m/s.
- I'm happy with this result, but I'm ready to run faster. Here I beat players who have personal records below 10 seconds, but they stayed in the blocks – he said at the time, quoted by the pzla.pl portal. Everything indicates that the 28-year-old is on his way to breaking the magic barrier of 10 seconds!
Dessau-Roßlau: 100 (+0.1) - 1. Dominik Kopeć 10.05 PB, improves personal best from elimination by a hundredth of a second which is the
2nd best result in the history of the Polish sprint, after 10.00 Marian Woronin.
— Athletics News (@Nedops) June 17, 2023

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He was flying, with close to zero wind.

Yes he was brother! Not only that but Domink Kopec ran a 10.06 wind legal earlier in the heats. So he essentially ran this time
twice all on his own power. This shows that he is very close to a sub 10 wind legal soon. Todays race would have been a sub 10
with a legal wind behind him. I've always said though that I get even more excited for sprinters that can run this times with or
without the wind. This shows incredible strength, stride turnover ratio and speed endurance.

I do believe very soon that Kopec will the break the Legendary Marian Woronin's All Time Polish Record of 10.00 set back in 1984!

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
Kopek was running so well - great turnover, high knees generating downforce. His 10.05 with virtually zero wind is better than Marian Woronin's 10.00 with that +2m/s & run in his own city. I've never seen where he came close to backing that up.
I'm putting him past Browning now for this season unless Browning finds that lost metre again soon.
It'll also give Larssen something to think about

mastermulti

Master
Yes he was brother! Not only that but Domink Kopec ran a 10.06 wind legal earlier in the heats. So he essentially ran this time
twice all on his own power. This shows that he is very close to a sub 10 wind legal soon. Todays race would have been a sub 10
with a legal wind behind him. I've always said though that I get even more excited for sprinters that can run this times with or
without the wind. This shows incredible strength, stride turnover ratio and speed endurance.

I do believe very soon that Kopec will the break the Legendary Armin Harry's All Time Polish Record of 10.00 set back in 1984!
it was Marian Woronin. He beat Wells a few times but as with many of the sprinters back then there was so much variation in their performances

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
obviously we applaud Kopec for winning, but there were a lot of fast White cats in that race. nice to see they’re not extinct.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
wawaME_Monachium_15082022_fotLukaszSzelag_224-1200x675.jpg.webp

Dominik Kopec only 0.05s from breaking 10 seconds per 100 meters

Dominik Kopeć goes down in the history of the Polish sprint, approaching breaking 10 seconds in the 100-meter run. During the 25th Anhalt International Athletics Meeting, the 28-year-old competitor scored 10.06s in the qualifying rounds, improving at the same time in the finals to 10.05s.

Kopec dominated the competition with Dessau-Roßlau, winning his race. The next places were taken by German Yannick Wolf with a time of 10.20 and Julian Wagner with 10.23. The anemometer in the final stopped at +0.1 m/s.

100 meters final results
Msc Surname and First Name Country Time
1 KOPEC Dominik POL 10.05
2 WOLF Yannick GER 10.20
3 WAGNER Julian GER 10.23
4 THOMAS Adam GBR 10:26
5 ADEGOKE Enoch NGR 10.42
6 GÜNTERT Enrico SUI 10.47

Kopeć's result is the second result in the history of Polish athletics. Before Kopiec on the lists there is only Marian Woronin with a score of 10.00 obtained in 1984 in Warsaw. The next places with the result of 10.15s are occupied by Piotr Balcerzak and Dariusz Kuć.

The previous personal record of Dominik Kopeć is 10.20, obtained last year in Suwałki. In March, during the European Indoor Championships, Kopeć also took 4th place in the 60-meter run, losing only 0.001s to the medal.

Translate this page