Divisional playoffs

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Where are the trolls?
I saw the highlights, the ones that mattered. That whiter-than-sourcream-with-his-hair-parted-to-the-side quarterback shot the lights out of the short changed and dim-witted Garrard. And,oh, what a slow ass he is! He just chugged around on a play I saw.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Poacher said:
Nice of them to show the Welker drop in super slow-mo...twice.

Welker rarely provides them the opportunity to do so, therefore they indeliblyetched the image intoour brains.

texasheat

Congratulations Patriots!! Brady was awesome = 26 out of 28 and a new playoff record for completion %!!!
smiley32.gif
Another nice error free game for the Patriots with zero interceptions and zero fumbles.

I'm a huge Cowboy fan & my wife was wondering what was wrong with me tonight. I got off the couch numerous times tonight for Patriots TD's, key 3rd down plays, 4th down plays, clapping at the TV, hollering after the Jags INT sealed the game, etc. I think she's right -- I was acting like it was a Cowboy game! Just goes to show what a likeable team can do for ya!

Go Romo! Let's see a Cowboys - Patriots Super Bowl. Talk about astronomical TV ratings!

Riddlewire

Master
ESPN's NFL Primetime program blamed Matt Jones for the loss. No, I'm not kidding.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
ESPN's NFL Primetime program blamed Matt Jones for the loss. No, I'm not kidding.

What did they say?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Jones drop in the end zone was crucial, it was a tough catch but he should have made it. It was no worse then Northcutts drop at the goal line and Northcutt was dropping them all day.

Riddlewire

Master
After making a joke at Jones's expense on his first catch, they said that the entire reason they drafted Jones was to make catches like that lob in the endzone. Later on, they praised Garrard and Del Rio and... well, everybody else on the team and claimed that it was the receiving corps that cost Jax the win.
I disagree on two counts with their first assertion.
1. They drafted Jones because he was a freak athlete. He was never a college receiver. They had no right to expect him to be able to make tough catches that even experienced receivers struggle with. They can't blame him for their own poor scouting.
2. It was far less of a catchable ball than they made it out to be. Even the CBS commentators blamed Garrard for a low trajectory.

+3. Matt sat on the bench most of the season. If he's not in top form on a single poorly thrown pass in one of his rare games played, that's the fault of the head coach. Garrard's turnovers and Jacksonville's piss-poor pass defense are entirely and exclusively to blame for this loss.
Edited by: Riddlewire

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Just to change games briefly as Ihad to besomewhereand missed all of the New England game after the first quarter, the Packers' all-white offensive line played like New England's all-white offensive line today -- i.e. brilliantly. Favre wasn't sacked a single time, had almost no pressure on him, and Ryan Grant ran great but also had gaping holes to run through on many occasions.Just an outstanding job.

This has been a tremendous year for white o-linemen and predominantly white o-lines -- New England, Green Bay, Indianapolis, New York Giants, Cleveland, and San Diego to a lesser degree. One wonders if this obvious and near-total dominance will beacknowledged in this supposed "copycat" leagueor will it still be Sumo Central come the NFL Draft in April. From what I've seen thus far from the so-called "draft experts" we can expect little change. If there's one thing the NFL hates it's to move even incrementally in a less black direction.But the undeniable continuing success of white QBs, white offensive lines (and the domination of those few whites "allowed" to play defense) will eventually force the also-ranshowever reluctantlytoward better players if they want to compete.Edited by: Don Wassall

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Don Wassal wrote:

This has been a tremendous year for white o-linemen and predominantly white o-lines -- New England, Green Bay, Indianapolis, New York Giants, Cleveland, and San Diego to a lesser degree.

Don, whites always excelled and out-performed at this position so this should come as no surprise.

G

A good win for the Patriots.

It was crazy that Del Rio came to his senses and played Jones.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Maple Leaf said:
Don Wassal wrote:

This has been a tremendous year for white o-linemen and predominantly white o-lines -- New England, Green Bay, Indianapolis, New York Giants, Cleveland, and San Diego to a lesser degree.

Don, whites always excelled and out-performed at this position so this should come as no surprise.

No question about that, but what has happened this year has been that as whites have been engineered out of the line in favor of blacks over the past fifteen years, they have actually had a resurgence, particularly in evidence this season,by dominatingeven thoughrelatively few franchises still go mainly with them.

This is similar to the way white quarterbacks have not only held off black quarterbacks, but minimalized them the past few years in spite of the fanaticism of the Caste System to mainstream black QBs. Black o-linemen are more entrenched than black QBs, so we will have to wait and see what happens, but there is no question that thereality is: athletic, relatively smallerwhite linemen are demonstrably better than giant-sized black linemen who are rarely "fast and athletic" like the Caste System claims them to be.Edited by: Don Wassall

devans

Mentor
The Colts have a great white safety (Giordano) and receiver (Gonzales) and they actually have a white Running back (Luke Lawton) who is listed as the third string RB on the web site. And of course they have Peyton and Dallas Clark. I hope they pile on the points, Lawton gets a carry or two and Giordano has an impact. It is a shame they can't meet New England in the Superbowl.

Stonewall

Guru
Getting back to Matt Jones and the play in the end zone where he supposedly 'dropped' the ball.

Number 1: Garrard did not put enough arc on that throw. Had the projectory been better and Garrard lobbed the ball to the proper area in the end zone where Jones was one on one with his man, you've got a touchdown. The ball was thrown in a manner by which the DB could make a play on it.

Number 2: Because of the poor pass by Garrard, the New England defensive back got a hand on the ball and knocked it away from Jones. Thus, there is no way to consider that pass to be 'dropped'.

The media needs to spend time talking about Dennis Northcutt's multiple drops. Especially the pass he dropped at a key moment late in the game inside the New England 5 yard line.

We're all accustomed to the media's consistent idiotic criticism of our players, but to even criticize Matt Jones at all in this game is comical. After not even being active for many games this season, the man made three key catches (including a touchdown).

For reasons I'm sure you all know, I was hoping for a 14 (or more) point win by New England. The bad call on the Garrard TD throw to Jones, the New England missed field goal, and the no-call on the face mask play on Welker all hurt. Nonetheless, New England clearly was the superior team. Great job by the white warriors on the offensive line. Tom Brady, the best quarterback I've seen since Montana.

bigunreal

Mentor
A few observations from the Patriots-Jags game:

- Rodney Harrison is the most overrated safety in the game, next to Roy Williams. He does little except mouth off on the field. He dropped an interception in the end zone and cost the Patriots twice with ridiculous roughness penalties. This guy gets more undeserved hype than anyone outside of Joey Porter.

- Why was Randy Moss virtually ignored by the jock-sniffers during the game and afterwards? This is certainly odd- when was the last time these white-hating idiots passed up a chance to tell us, over and over again, how "great" one of their Caste favorites is? I at least expected what we used to get during almost every one of Keyshawn Johnson's games- an absurd claim that Keyshawn was responsible for whatever completion took place, by allegedly drawing so much attention from the defense. I don't remember seeing any isolated camera shots of what was going on with Moss- were they hiding the fact he was loafing all game (as he is wont to do when he isn't the primary receiver), or did they want to hide the public from seeing he was blanketed one-on-one by some unknown DB all game?

- Junior Seau is as slow as molasses. There is no way a white LB would still be allowed to start in the NFL with that lack of speed. He is a real liability for the Pats, but we all know that blacks and Samoan veterans like Seau
must be given their precious "respect" and permitted to play as long as they want to.

- I didn't hear the anti-Matt Jones comments. Even for the jock-sniffers in the media, it's unbelievable that they could figure out a way to work his name into the post game analysis in a negative way. Wow- every time I think they can't surprise me, they do.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Great results on Saturday. The whitest teams in the NFC and AFC won over racist caste poster boys. As noted, S.D. and Indy are a wash as both start 7-8 whites with multiple white subs.

The one caste team left is the Cowboys. The aptly named, "America's Team" can find room for only 4 white starters. The Giants start 7 and sometimes 8 (when Dahl starts on D).

Unfortunately, I think the Cowboys will win as the G-men have had two tough weeks in a row while Dallas is rested. But I'll be cheering hard for the Giants. Especially since the media loves to hate Eli Manning while heaping praise on hapless inferiors such as Vince Young.

Actually, since the Colts and Chargers are both very white, I am pulling for Norv to again beat "the genius" Tony Dungy. The caste media HATES Norv and they always use him as an example when they laughingly claim there is discrimination against black coaches. Dungy is fair to white players and I like him. But the push for even more affirmative action for black coaches (all of whom except Dungy are now watching the playoffs from their couches -- just like the black QBs)is nothing more than rampant racism.

Stonewall

Guru
Fully agree that the best teams have predominantly (if not all white) white offensive lines. Not only that, these white lines maul their black counterparts. Green Bay's offensive linemen had full control of Seattle's front seven yesterday. Kerney was even kept in check.

Same with New England. Brady's unbelievable completion ratioshows how superior New England's line was to Jacksonville's defensive front seven.In order tocomplete 90+% of your passes you cannot afford to 'throw away' any balls. Think about it, Brady didn't have to throw any balls out of bounds. Amazing.

I see Indy advancing on today with their white line. I would love to see the Giants advance as well. If they lose today, the main culprit will be their hideous pass defense. They have a solid front four, but the secondary gives up a lot of big plays. The linebackers aren't 1986 Giants quality either obviously (I'd love to see Gary Reasons play today). If New York loses, it won't be because of the offensive line. We'll see what the circus act on the NFL Network has to say.
smiley36.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Matt Jones should have made that catch. He's a tall speedy guy and the end zone fade should be his bread and butter. He had his hands on the ball and should have pulled it in. I did not see the defensive back get his hands on the ball and the trajectory was fine, it got to Matt which is enough. I really like the guy but he missed it, however recievers miss balls and it shouldn't be the end of the world for him.

The is no contest between Indy and SD for which team is worth watching, Indy has some guys that handle the ball SD does not. White lineman are nice but nothing to cheer for when watching the game.

Great games yesterday. Farve and GB looked great after the 2 fumbles by Grant. Grant came back and played a good game but that Packers D with Hawk looked pretty good. Farve did some more amazing things with that football.

Jacksonville and New England was a good game also. I was not suprised watching Garrard managed a good game and he did OK. But Brady is just on another level. It's to the point now where teams may have to on-side kick and gamble more on 4th downs because if you miss one scoring chance or even now kick a FG, the game could very well be over. Jacksonville's D actually had a decent game plan. They did roll coverage over to Moss side the whole game (and why you didn't hear much from Moss to be fair). But that just shows you how well Brady can get to his receivers. They played tight on Welker but Brady was still able to get him the ball a few times. But planning on Moss and Welker opened up the TE and RB. The progressions that Brady made out there was amazing. The O line was amazing with the blocking and the holes for the RB's. Even St. Louis' own Laurence Maroney finally started to step it up. The D did a good job containing Jacksonville's run. Good games. Hopefully today will be just as good!Edited by: mrjohnnynofear

Poacher

Mentor
The jags were the last hope for all of the white haters out there. Nice to hear their silence.

I wish I had posted this a week ago so I could look like a prophet but I'll say it now. Like Bigunreal I am deathly afraid that Rodney Harrison is going to cost this team dearly sometime in the remaining two games, maybe even cost them a terrible loss. He nearly did it late in the game against the Giants when the Pats almost had it put away and he nearly did it last night late in the game when things were still in doubt. He is the proverbial loose cannon. Selfish and petty. He could easily thug-out next week and cost them a trip to the SB.

Snotty quote from one of the jags:

"It was a dump-down game," Jaguars rookie safety Reggie Nelson sniffed. "Anybody can go 26-of-28 in a dump-down game." Edited by: Poacher

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
"It was a dump-down game," Jaguars rookie safety Reggie Nelson sniffed. "Anybody can go 26-of-28 in a dump-down game."

One wonders why, if it is so easy, that Jags quarterback Garrard did not go 26-of-28 in a dump-down game, but anyway, this isn't all Nelson has to say:

Brady ain't all that

Brady's teammates were highly annoyed at Nelson's comments, too, by the way, which is noted in the article.

And the Jags defensive back did indeed swat the ball away from Jones in the endzone. The ball was lower than it should have been and the DB hit it before Jones put his hands on it. Even the announcers called the play correctly and placed the blame on Garrard for the under thrown ball. Edited by: White Shogun

Poacher

Mentor
Nice find WS.

That guy is a rookie saying those things. Makes me even more happy that they lost.

Bart

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
The is no contest between Indy and SD for which team is worth watching, Indy has some guys that handle the ball SD does not. White lineman are nice but nothing to cheer for when watching the game.

We haven't talked much about today's games. I don't see how San Diego wins, but they are playing well and the Colts have had the luxury of being able to coast and rest their players. If they come out flat and out of sync, it could hurt them. Tony Romo better play well today,or the Dallas fans will lynchJessica Simpson.
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Bart, are you telling me that Jessica and Tony are an item? If so, I guess their new combined "Hollywood" name will be Tonica.

guest301

Hall of Famer
texasheat said:
Congratulations Patriots!! Brady was awesome = 26 out of 28 and a new playoff record for completion %!!!
smiley32.gif
Another nice error free game for the Patriots with zero interceptions and zero fumbles.

I'm a huge Cowboy fan & my wife was wondering what was wrong with me tonight. I got off the couch numerous times tonight for Patriots TD's, key 3rd down plays, 4th down plays, clapping at the TV, hollering after the Jags INT sealed the game, etc. I think she's right -- I was acting like it was a Cowboy game! Just goes to show what a likeable team can do for ya!

Go Romo! Let's see a Cowboys - Patriots Super Bowl. Talk about astronomical TV ratings!

Being a lifelong Cowboys fan and a new Patriot fan, I would love to see that matchup as well. I expect to see it. Pats-Packers wouldn't be bad either for the ratings.

Skipperron

Guru
Man I am so happy that the Jags Lost. I have a nephew who went to East Carolina and everytime the Jags play now he calls and yells about how good Garrard is. I went off on Garrard and my nephew yesterday when he called. The Jags were up at the time. But they lost. HA, like I said I am so happy that they lost.