Dirk & Yao

jcolec02

Mentor
As alot of you know...well alot of you dont know, it is my opinion that Yao Ming, Dirk Nowitzki are 2 of the, if not the 2 best players in the game. Yao was averaging 27 points and 10 rebounds a game, and Dirk is averaging about 24 points and 10 rebounds, with alot fewer shot attempts than most top NBA players such as ball hogs Gilbert Arenas and Kobe. I also belive that Lebron would fit into the conversation somewhere, but cmon, a 7'6 center, who has a 52% field goal percentage, also is shooting 86 percent from the stripe...??? ive never seen it before, and he is 7'6 310 and is still a finesse player, then you've got Dirk, a 7 footer that can shoot with the best of them, but also rebounds, shoots around 90% from the stripe, and scores in the paint, as well as having a quick enough step to run by people his size, or pull up and shoot over smaller players, I have even heard people say he was "unguardable".

I know Steve Nash is great and all but lets not forget about these 2 wonderful talents than will hopefully change the complection of the game...Edited by: jcolec02

jcolec02

Mentor
no one comments on my posts!!! how come???
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
jcole, sometimes you just cover everything so thoroughly in your first post that you leave nothing for the rest of us to comment upon.

smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I think Dirk and Nash are both awesome. Jimmy Chitwood told me that Steven A. Smith and a couple of other anti-whites on ESPN were saying that they were the only 2 guys in the MVP race right now. Good stuff!
smiley32.gif

Here are some pics from the last two days.
J-Will after being ejected
PNA10801060620.jpg

Irishman Pat Burke after a 3 pointer
PNA10901060618.jpg

Reigning MVP Steve Nash taking the points instead of the assist
PNA10501060500.jpg

Michael Doleac with 2
PNA10101060434.jpg

Nash settling for another assist
PNA11001060622.jpg

Argentine Fabricio Oberto getting the board
SAA10101060227.jpg

Devin Harris wants a hug, but Oberto is already gone
smiley36.gif

SAA10201060228.jpg

Dirk on the move
SAA10401060234.jpg

Brent Barry with some defense on Dirk
SAA10501060234.jpg

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I wasn't looking for Yao pics.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
jcolec02 said:
Where's Yao?
smiley11.gif

Hey man... you wanted some comments on your thread. Reb not only commented, he added a lot of great pics. And you're gonna complain because he didn't post one of Yao? Beggars can't be choosers.
smiley17.gif

Just kidding with you, jc.
smiley4.gif

jcolec02

Mentor
I also find it cool that before Yao got hurt, him steve nash and dirk where the top 3 MVP candidates

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Charles Barkley said tonight on TNT that in his opinion,Dirk is the MVP thus far.I was very suprised to hear him say that.I still say that Nash has the advantage but it is good to hear Dirk getting some more publicity.Usually most of what the Chuckster says you can take with a grain of salt.I give him credit for speaking how he truely feels.

jcolec02

Mentor
Yeah, dispite what alot of people think, Charles has actually been pretty honest when it comes to whites and basketball, I remember him saying that Kevin Mchale was the most talented player he played against, THEN Michael Jordan, that was truely astonishing, I'm not sure that I would even agree with that, but he said it, and I remember a highlight of Matt Harpring getting into a shoving match with another player, and Charles said "Matt Harpring will beat the hell out that man" I also hear him give alot of props to dirk, nash, and others, not to say he is perfect by any means, but he also had alot of good things to say about bird, so I dont think he is as bad as some people think...

hedgehog

Mentor
white lightning said:
Charles Barkley said tonight on TNT that in his opinion,Dirk is the MVP thus far.I was very suprised to hear him say that.I still say that Nash has the advantage but it is good to hear Dirk getting some more publicity.Usually most of what the Chuckster says you can take with a grain of salt.I give him credit for speaking how he truely feels.

I won't be surprised if alot of the ESPN crowd starts pumping Dirk or Yao. Its not that they want Dirk to win the MVP, they just don't want Nash to win his 3rd. By publicly supporting Dirk, there "appears" to be no racial bias.

white tornado

Mentor
Yeah, dispite what alot of people think, Charles has actually been pretty honest when it comes to whites and basketball, I remember him saying that Kevin Mchale was the most talented player he played against, THEN Michael Jordan, that was truely astonishing, I'm not sure that I would even agree with that, but he said it, and I remember a highlight of Matt Harpring getting into a shoving match with another player, and Charles said "Matt Harpring will beat the hell out that man" I also hear him give alot of props to dirk, nash, and others, not to say he is perfect by any means, but he also had alot of good things to say about bird, so I dont think he is as bad as some people think...

Yeah I agree agree withe that and I find him intertaining as well.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I hope Nash wins it and joins the 3 MVP club. He deserves it, and its high time a white player again joins the ranks of the elite.

G

with alot fewer shot attempts than most top NBA players such as ball hogs Gilbert Arenas and Kobe.
</span>
Dirk takes 3 fewer shots than Kobe and 5 fewer than Arenas. And he doesn't have to take more shots because he has is on a great team with other players who can score like Howard and Terry.
</span></span><!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->

PitBull

Guru
So, Mike, you're saying that jcole is right? Maybe Arenas and Bryant would
have more support if they passsed the ball more. We both know that for
these two guys, the rest of the team is secondary.

G

PitBull said:
So, Mike, you're saying that jcole is right? Maybe Arenas and Bryant would

have more support if they passsed the ball more. We both know that for

these two guys, the rest of the team is secondary.

The fact that Kobe doesn't have a secondary scorer is the reason he takes a good number of shots. Kobe is also passing more this season because he trusts his teammates more.

Arenas does take a lot of shots, but Butler and Jamison still get 16 shots each and close to 20 PPG as they are the only reliable options on the entire Wizards team. Arenas is also the best jumpshooter on the team and takes the late game shots when the game is close.
 <!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//-->

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Michael Doleac said:
The fact that Kobe doesn't have a secondary scorer is the reason he takes a good number of shots. Kobe is also passing more this season because he trusts his teammates more.

You're contradicting yourself. First Kobe shoots a lot because he doesn't have a secondary scorer. But he is also passing more this season because he trusts his teammates more? Which is it, he shoots a lot or he passes more?

Kobe trusts his teammates to give him the ball back maybe.

You don't score 80 points in a game unless you're a ball hog, plain and simple.

p.s. You're not fooling anybody by choosing the name of a white basketball for your screen name Doleac. You've already shown your true colors. Edited by: White Shogun

G

You're contradicting yourself. First Kobe shoots a lot because he doesn't have a secondary scorer. But he is also passing more this season because he trusts his teammates more? Which is, he shoots a lot or he passes more?
\\

</span>Kobe shoots about 19 shots per game. Last year he shot about 27.
This year, he doesn't have a second scorer(Odom), but he is passing more than last year because he realized that he can't win game by himself all the time. He does take a good number of shots, but he reduced the number from last year and is passing it much more to his teammates.
</span>
<br style="font-style: italic;">Kobe trusts his teammates to give him the ball back maybe.

</span>Good one.
</span>

You don't score 80 points in a game unless you're a ball hog, plain and simple.

</span>Or if you play the Raptors.
</span>

p.s. You're not fooling anybody by choosing the name of a white basketball for your screen name Doleac. You've already shown your true colors.

</span>o rly?
</span> <!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//-->

PitBull

Guru
Wow! After what, 9 or 10 years in the league, Kobe figures out he can't win
the game all by himself! What are those other guys doin' wearing my Lakers
jersey? Hey, that's not my number!

Kobe took over 50(!) shots in his 81 point game. He averaged 27 shots per
game last year. He is a ball hog. He was probably told by Jackson and his
team to cut it out. Don't necessarily assume he figured it out on his own.

Nice catch on the faulty logic White Shogun. I think most of us knew he was
a troll. The guys not even smart enough to pull it off, much less make a
convincing argument.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There's beena lot of trolls signing up lately. I've banned three today alone, with a few more close to being banned.

jcolec02

Mentor
Explain to me then, how the mavericks have the best record in the NBA with only 1 all-star...and we ALL know who that is
smiley2.gif

jcolec02

Mentor
oh by the way...Dirk, Yao and Steve Nash have somehow never gotten into fights with there teammates (shaq and kobe) or been accused of rape...wonder why???