Dirk Nowitzki

Westside

Hall of Famer
Guys, I think there is a 'debbie downer' cloud over CF. Some act like Dallas is down two zip. Like I said, if Dallas is able to steal the next game, series is "back on" with three games in Dallas.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
^^^^^^

We'll see soon if it's "back on" or "all over." I'm getting nervous..

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Dirk looks lost out there, Chris Bosh too..

Wade and James have been flying out of the gym.

j41181

Master
DIRK GAMEWINNER!!!!!!

YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

WOW!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm so psyched. Wow what a game. Dirk is clutch. He never gives up. He has the heart of a champion. Jason Terry was awful. He tried to lose the game for them. JT needs to snap out of it. JJ Barrera needs to play better too along with a few other Mavs. This game was won mostly because of Dirk and Shawn Marion.

Dirk is the King. Long live the King and screw the queen Lebron James. What a joke. Wade is the best player on that team. Not the guy so in love with himself that he has a press conference to announce what team he picked. What a premaddona. Lebron sucks!

This is Dirks Night and it is sooooooo swweeeeettttt!!!!!!!

Westside

Hall of Famer
F'ing series On!!!!!!!!!

Westside

Hall of Famer
Marion tho was key in keeping the game from a blow out. Congrats to Marion as well. One of the best come performances I can remember.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
I'm so psyched. Wow what a game. Dirk is clutch. He never gives up. He has the heart of a champion. Jason Terry was awful. He tried to lose the game for them. JT needs to snap out of it. JJ Barrera needs to play better too along with a few other Mavs. This game was won mostly because of Dirk and Shawn Marion. 
<div> </div>
<div>Dirk is the King. Long live the King and screw the queen Lebron James. What a joke. Wade is the best player on that team. Not the guy so in love with himself that he has a press conference to announce what team he picked. What a premaddona. Lebron sucks!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>This is Dirks Night and it is sooooooo   swweeeeettttt!!!!!!!</div>

Miami lost simply because Chris Bosh isn't anywhere near what the MSM has claimed him to be. I could care less about the record of his high school team.. he wasn't a winner in Toronto, and, yet, was still proclaimed a "superstar" that was somehow "deserving" of a gigantic free agent contract.

And, he keeps proving my critiques (of him) right..
smiley36.gif

foobar75

Master
I must give credit to Mr. Westside here, the lone voice of reason who kept hope alive as the rest had already given the series to Miami. It's indeed a series now. I always believed this one would go 6-7 games, and that's probably where we're headed.

Edited by: foobar75

j41181

Master
Dallas hasn't had an easy win since they trounced the Lakers in Game 4 way back in the semi-finals. I'd say BETTER for it that way, it will keep them alert and focused, rather than complacent. The Heat hasn't had any easy wins neither, but they tend to celebrate even at the most critical situations.

Several of the Mavs wins so far in these playoffs, have been "COME FROM BEHIND" fashions. Such wins will strengthen a team's resolve, so the Mavs need to simply take it one step at a time, before going for the jugular.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's amazing that the Mavericks won in spite of all the turnovers they committed, very few if any of them by Dirk. Fantastic finish, I can't believe I'm actually watching an NBA Finals again!

JReb1

Mentor
Dirk is clearly the best player in the NBA IMHO. Dirk looks like a
better player than either James or Wade. I don't ever expect Dirk to
ever get the credit he's earned for this though. DWFs would go berserk
for me saying that Dirk is in their negro idols league talent wise, but he's a
better all-around player.

Westside

Hall of Famer
foobar75 said:
I must give credit to Mr. Westside here, the lone voice of reason who kept hope alive as the rest had already given the series to Miami. It's indeed a series now. I always believed this one would go 6-7 games, and that's probably where we're headed.
Thanks foobar75. Yeah, like I said one of the greatest comebacks in recent memory. The Mavs were down 15 pts with 7:30 remaining. With a team like the Heat on a roll and like deadlift stated, Wade and LeBrown flying out of the gym. Most would figure game over.

Also, as Don mentioned the Mavs were turning the ball over way too much. As the 3rd ended and the 4th began, it appeared that the Heat were too young and had alot of spring in their legs. The Mavs looked tired and confused. Then......the Mavs all bit down and willed their way, lead by Dirk to an incredible victory. On ESPN there is great pic of Dirk with his first in the air, behind him are a mass of depressed TAN DWFs.
smiley36.gif

Terry and Marion did step up and help kept it within reach if you call a 15 deficiet with 7 minutes within reach! My hats off to them as well. Now, if Barerea and Peja get with the program and the Mavs limit their dumb turnovers, Mavs could concievably close out the series with 3 straight at home.

Regardless incredible performances and game by the Mavs. I bet Wade and LeBrown wish they could take back their typical premature TNB affeletic ritual once they were up 15 pts, with LeBrown playfully thumping Wade's chest, as if!!! To quote Alicia Silverston!
smiley36.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
At the end of my last post, I meant Alica Silverstone, from that movie Clueless, the catch phrase...As IF!

Great comeback! Great clutch performance by Dirk! If you notice, the final play of the game was the exact same play the Knicks ran for Patrick Ewing in the playoffs several years ago. But Ewing missed the layup and Dirk made it.

Dirk put the team on his back down the stretch, Marion played an awesome game and Kidd was solid. All three are leaders who have great fundamentals. Dirk and Kidd should make basketball educational tapes. They play textbook basketball. Marion was the anti-Lebron, rebounding, defending, scoring at the rim and making key baskets without drawing a lot of attention to himself. JJ Barea is still in a shooting slump but he hit two shots and played some valuable minutes. Hopefully he and Peja get hot in Dallas.

Can't wait for Game 3!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
Regardless incredible performances and game by the Mavs. I bet Wade and LeBrown wish they could take back their typical premature TNB affeletic ritual once they were up 15 pts, with LeBrown playfully thumping Wade's chest, as if!!! To quote Alicia Silverston!
smiley36.gif
That garbage caused me to turn the game off. The showboating by those "professional" "men" plus LeBrown's ugly mug was too much for me to take. In retrospect, I wish I could have endured the negro buffoonery to catch one of the great NBA comebacks. Congrats to Dirk and let's hope they can carry the momentum over to Dallas.

TwentyTwo

Master
EPIC! Dirk has ice in his veins..the dude is just as cool as it gets! Game 3 should be interesting!

Down by 15...it was looking grim..figured it was probably over...then to cut it to 9 thought the Mavs are still hanging on by a thread....Lebron &amp; D Wade make for a lethal 1-2 punch; when one of them is not on their "A" game the other steps up...however Dirk can't alwaysdo it by himself...he's the 1 for the Mavs...who's the 2?? Thankfully Marion kept them in striking distance; hopefully Barrea, Terry &amp; Peja can step it up back in Dallas! Series on!

I could watch the replay all day! And the Miami fans look of helplessness as Dirk scores again!Edited by: TwentyTwo

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
JReb1 said:
Dirk is clearly the best player in the NBA IMHO. Dirk looks like a
better player than either James or Wade.
I don't ever expect Dirk to
ever get the credit he's earned for this though. DWFs would go berserk
for me saying that Dirk is in their negro idols league talent wise, but he's a
better all-around player.

I thought I was the biggest critic of black basketball players.. but you sir have just taken that crown from me! Congrats!!
smiley2.gif

TwentyTwo

Master
Oh yeah...forgot to ask...

What was Lebron's dealtoward theend of the game?? DWade was clearly "ON"; it was his game...yet Lebron seem to play very selfish wanting tobe super-hero instead of Wade; insteadclanking numerous shots.

Deep down D Wade has to be frustrated...

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I heard Wade and Queen LeBrown were pullin' the TNB...so Dirk led the Mavs back for the victory.
smiley36.gif