Cutting Weight

donjr

I am a 5'7 wrestler and my weight goal for next year is 103lbs and I currently weigh 125lbs. I know it sounds crazy but the weight classes above me are stacked with top talent and I feel that if I can make it down there I will win a state title. Now I'm asking what is your guys's best idea for me to do it without killing myself?

waterbed

Mentor
to reach that will be difficult especially if you are already lean but you can try it if you really want it.

I would first burn the fat that is more then your naturally bodyfat (if your bodyfat is higher then you natural) by running in the morning before breakfast(then you burn the most fat)check your bodyfat % if it doesnt get really lower anymore stop it because then you have reach your natural bodyfat(that your body wants to keep) then take in less calories to burn some muscles but do STOP when it when you become more tired and have less energie,that means that it is becoming unhealthy.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Donjr, obviously it's more difficult for smallers/lighter guys to lose greater amounts of weight (vs. bigger fellas). If you're holding (walking around at) 125, dropping to 103 may not be a huge cut (if you do it gradually). Start prior to the season to avoid having to cut before meets, etc. Start by knocking back your overall calories a tad, and this will encompass cutting out "junk" like excess sugars (processed stuff) and scaling back carbs later in the day(s). Don't go too drastically, but (instead) use a moderate/gradual approach.Fyi, here's a good article...

"How to Cut Weight" (Grapple Arts)Edited by: DixieDestroyer

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Don't ask me. I'm 5'9" and 264 lbs. I lift heavy and eat really heavy. I just started a low carb high protein diet, got to loose at least 30 off my frame (knees and back are hurting.)

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Update: I'm at 252 lbs at this time and still loosing with the low carb high protein diet!