Craig Mottram

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just wanted to start a thread about Craig Mottram.He is by far the most gifted white distance runner in the world.He won the Boston Indoor 2 Mile Race today over a world class field.He looked as if he could have run another several miles.I have rarely seen a distance runner so tall and muscular.He dwarfs most of the midgets out there.Mottram is as big of a competitor as any runner I have ever seen.Australia is looking good with Mottram.

mastermulti

Master
not a sprinter (although he's got me easily over 100 hahaha) but he's an
athlete who doesn't care whether his opponents are African or not.
He knows how good he is........ and that's the mind set white sprinters
have to get too.
Imagine running 12.56 for 5 kms..... that's like 12.5 laps of 400m without
stopping at 62 seconds each.

surfsider

Guru
Mottram just oozes toughness. His performance in Boston bodes well for outdoors. I would think that his large frame(by distance running standards) might inhibit him indoors but obviously he's dealing with it.

mastermulti

Master
yeah, he's tough as nails. In the Worlds last year he looked to be run down to fifith in the straight but he came back for a medal. When quizzed about it he replied he didn't come "all this way NOT to medal"

we Aussies are lucky to have him. He gets much more recognition in Europe where he's becoming a superstar. And since both his parents and he were born in England they could offer him a truckload of money to compete for them

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That's very true but somehow I think he will stay in Australia.He seems to really like it there.He should be a superstar there.If not,then Austalia needs to wake up and realize just how good he is.I think one advantage of being bigger is that he can't get bumped around and boxed in as easily.He towers over everyone out there.His speed endurance is incredible.Keep up the great running Craig.The Commonwealths are just around the corner!

white is right

Hall of Famer
White people have no need for inferiority complexes in long distance racing as the Marathon was won an Italian and third place was a Brazilian of predominately caucasian ancestry.

Gary

Mentor
White people have no need for an inferiority complex in anything-we go to the moon while the other races can only sit and watch and have an inferiority complex[while still living in the stone age in 2006]
smiley36.gif

Whites have a large pool of people with the ability to be successful middle
and long distance runners. They are not competing, many never try the
sport, due to everyone being brainwashed regarding the Africans. The E.
Africans do have a high percentage of people with the physiological
components to be good distance runners, but the overwhelming
superiority you see in some events is artificial, due to the lack of whites
competing, and rampant drug use. Drug use that many officials turn a
blind eye toward when it involves Africans (like Barry Bonds not being
paraded in for questioning in DC like McGwire, etc). Hezekiel Sepeng was
caught using steroids a few weeks ago. He's a South African 800 meter
runner who has medaled in the Olympics and World Championships. If a
white runner in his position were caught, it would have been front page
news in Track and Field circles. As a side note, when Africans (and many
other blacks) are finally "caught", it's generally on the downside of their
career, even though everyone knows the athlete has been juicing for
many years. It's as if some officials want to offer up a sacrificial lamb to
show they are being even handed, but they want their pets to claim prizes
before having to pay the piper.

Mottram is a great, great runner. He's only the tip of the iceberg. As
angry as the African lovers get, they have a hard time rationalizing the
fact that while E. Africans have had great distance runners for five
decades, they didn't have the large numbers they do now until Dr. Rosa
kiced things off in Kenya, and Mr. Blood Doper Jos Hermens took his act
to Ethiopia. Some of the top Africans you see might not even be the most
naturally talented guys in their countries, just the best responders to
drugs. Not in all cases, but not all of what you see is natural.

nordic_miler

Mottram is the total package. He's talented, durable, tough as hell, and is as confident/*******y as Prefontaine was

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I want him to win gold medals at the World Champs next year and the Olympics.He is already in the category of some of the greatest distance runners ever.He just is flat out fearless and has incredible genetics to go with his hard training.Most of the runners he faces actually fear him some because he is huge compared to almost all distance runners.

white is right

Hall of Famer
He won the bronze at last years worlds because of his size. He literally ran down the 4th place finisher.

surfsider

Guru
Anybody else see Mottram's run today? He was very impressive. This from IAAF recap:

Australia's double World Cup 3000m title holder Craig Mottram returned to action after rehabbing an injury from the San Silvestre Vallecana in Madrid on New Year's eve. In the men's 3000m, after waiting behind a pacemaker and then European Indoor champion Alistair Cragg for 2000m, Mottram took off in the final 1000m. Only Ethiopian Markos Geneti was able to stay within five seconds of Mottram, who finished in a world-leading 7:39.24 (an indoor PB and NR) despite waving to the crowd on the backstretch of his final lap. Mottram covered the last 400m in 54.9. "That was probably one of my best runs ever," said Mottram.