Corey Robinson

Riddlewire

Master
2007-12-10_191257_C0.JPG

It looks like the Caste System is starting to work against white quarterbacks now, too.
Question:
If you had a high school senior quarterback with these statistics,
JR: 2,658yd (59%) 29TD 14i
SR: 5,631yd (75%) 91TD 4i
and he led his team to the state championship game,
don't you think he'd probably be the #1 QB recruit in the country? Don't you think he'd be the #1 rated high school QB of all time?
Take a look at those numbers again. NINETY-ONE TOUCHDOWN PASSES against four interceptions. And he's not just throwing it all over the field. The incredible completion rate proves he's very accurate.
So, shouldn't he be Rivals/Scout #1?
Guess what...
He's an unranked no-star at Rivals. Scout doesn't even have a listing for him. He has ZERO scholarship offers.
Meanwhile, DeTerrell LaPryor has already been annointed the next Super Bowl MVP/Nike Spokesman.
Is speed the problem? Well, with those numbers it shouldn't matter, but I'll just mention that he ran for 290 yards and 8 TD as a junior (no final tally for his senior rushing stats yet). How about physical stats? 6'2" 190lbs. Seems fine.
Yet, not one single college has offered this phenom a scholarship. Not even DivIII.
I guess there's a new rule in college football. With the 'emergence' of the spread, quarterbacks must now be black, too.

I read that 91 touchdowns & thought it MUST be a misprint, then U stated again 91 touchdowns...Good golly!!!...I've NEVER heard of such a thing, on any level....

WOW, 6'2" is plenty tall enough, look at Brett Favre & Joe Montana...It's unbelievable that NOONE has given this kid a scholarship...

Please keep us updated on this kid....Sure would like to see a youtube video or something...

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
This kid should be racking up offers! Does anyone have an estimate on how many Spread offenses teams there arein Div1??

jared

Mentor
I saw that stat line and figured it HAD to be a misprint. Sure enough, it was. Alas, he only threw 81 TD's this season. Apparently that is 3 more than the previous NATIONAL record for single season TD's. Congrats to this kid. I'm sure someone will notice.

Edited to add: I think he may have reached 91 TD's with playoff games included.Edited by: jared

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Haha ok well anyways Troy has offered him