Colts-Chargers

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hey backrow, where's your Week 18 thread?

backrow

Hall of Famer
too few whites in playoffs to bother
smiley17.gif

i could have done one for Dallas Clark alone
smiley2.gif

devans

Mentor
C Darwin said:
I think it might be better if the Colts loose. If the Colts won, Tony Dungy would then become the "prototype" for head coaches. I can hear the media crying for more coaches like the SB champ Dungy.
It's hard to deny that wouldn't happen. I understand Dungy plays whites more than most white coaches, I just don't want to hear the overflow of Dungy worship that would inevitably follow.

I prefer Dungy to Mike Holmgren. Dungy gives white players a chance at positions normally closed to them. Who else in the NFL would have had the balls to bring Proehl back at age 38, or whatever he is?
What if he is considered the prototype NFL head coach. If we has more like Dungy we would have more white players getting to touch the ball.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Two of Manning's interceptions were the fault of Marvin Harrison. He ran the wrong route on both plays. Even the caste whore announcers pointed that out. Marvin Harrison is supposed to be such a great receiver, he has worked with Peyton Manning for years, they are a record setting QB-WR tandem.... but in the playoffs he happens to run the wrong route on two similar plays? wtf?

Kudos to the Colts D for stopping the vaunted Larry "I love black coaches" Johnson, who was supposed to set a playoff record in rushing yards against the Colts yesterday. I for one was happy to see the Chiefs, Herm Edwards, and Larry Johnson get shut down. Throw in the dropped passes by Kennison and Dante Hall and you couldn't find a better game. The only guy I feel sorry for is Trent Green.

GO COLTS!

backrow

Hall of Famer
wow, did you guys see this drop by Gaffney? it was a perfect pass in the end zone from Brady! damn...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
devans said:
I prefer Dungy to Mike Holmgren. Dungy gives white players a chance at positions normally closed to them. Who else in the NFL would have had the balls to bring Proehl back at age 38, or whatever he is?
What if he is considered the prototype NFL head coach. If we has more like Dungy we would have more white players getting to touch the ball.

I wonder how much control over player personnel Dungy actually has. The patternof the Colts, of being one of the least black teams, was established years before Dungy became the head coach. Player personnel decisions would seem to come more from the GM and ownership, maybe even some assistant coaches such as long-time Offensive Coordinator Tom Moore, than from Dungy. Colts team president Bill Polian was the GM of the Bills when they went to four straight Super Bowls and had the most whites of any team in the league during that time. Dungy doesn't impress me as having a great coaching or strategical mind. He appears to be more of a "feel-good" coach that the black players will play hard for as white players play hard for any coach.

And not to just single out Dungy. Head coaches are often given way too much credit for personnel decisions. Holmgren does have such power as he is also the Seahawk's general manager, but the trend in the NFL has been to move away from giving head coaches so much power.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Merriman being interviewed on CBS!
smiley11.gif
Can the double standard be any more evident?

Don Wassall said:
devans said:
I prefer Dungy to Mike Holmgren. Dungy gives white players a chance at positions normally closed to them. Who else in the NFL would have had the balls to bring Proehl back at age 38, or whatever he is? What if he is considered the prototype NFL head coach. If we has more like Dungy we would have more white players getting to touch the ball.

I wonder how much control over player personnel Dungy actually has. The pattern of the Colts, of being one of the least black teams, was established years before Dungy became the head coach. Player personnel decisions would seem to come more from the GM and ownership, maybe even some assistant coaches such as long-time Offensive Coordinator Tom Moore, than from Dungy. Colts team president Bill Polian was the GM of the Bills when they went to four straight Super Bowls and had the most whites of any team in the league during that time. Dungy doesn't impress me as having a great coaching or strategical mind. He appears to be more of a "feel-good" coach that the black players will play hard for as white players play hard for any coach.

And not to just single out Dungy. Head coaches are often given way too much credit for personnel decisions. Holmgren does have such power as he is also the Seahawk's general manager, but the trend in the NFL has been to move away from giving head coaches so much power.<!-- Message ''"" -->

Holmgren was stripped of his GM duties I thought.

devans

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
devans said:
I prefer Dungy to Mike Holmgren. Dungy gives white players a chance at positions normally closed to them. Who else in the NFL would have had the balls to bring Proehl back at age 38, or whatever he is? What if he is considered the prototype NFL head coach. If we has more like Dungy we would have more white players getting to touch the ball.

I wonder how much control over player personnel Dungy actually has.  The pattern of the Colts, of being one of the least black teams, was established years before Dungy became the head coach.  Player personnel decisions would seem to come more from the GM and ownership, maybe even some assistant coaches such as long-time Offensive Coordinator Tom Moore, than from Dungy. Colts team president Bill Polian was the GM of the Bills when they went to four straight Super Bowls and had the most whites of any team in the league during that time. Dungy doesn't impress me as having a great coaching or strategical mind.  He appears to be more of a "feel-good" coach that the black players will play hard for as white players play hard for any coach.

And not to just single out Dungy.  Head coaches are often given way too much credit for personnel decisions.  Holmgren does have such power as he is also the Seahawk's general manager, but the trend in the NFL has been to move away from giving head coaches so much power.<!-- Message ''"" -->

I take your point about GM's, and Bill Pollian - who helped build the great Buffalo Bills of the eighties and nineties. Pollian deserve much credit for his work in the NFL and at the Colts.
I still prefer Dungy to Holmgren though. I saw Holmgren amlost physically attack Bill Schroeder once after he was penalised in a special teams play. He looked like he was going to explode. I think Schroeder was cut that year and brought back some time later.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
devans said:
I still prefer Dungy to Holmgren though. I saw Holmgren amlost physically attack Bill Schroeder once after he was penalised in a special teams play. He looked like he was going to explode. I think Schroeder was cut that year and brought back some time later.

You'll get no disagreement here about that!Holmgren is a Caste System fanatic and I've written plenty about him on CF. Edited by: Don Wassall

Weltner

Guru
Poacher said:
I found it disconcerting to say the least that three of the NFLs black coaches (Lovie Smith, Herm Edwards and Tony Dungy) are so buddy-buddy all the time. WTF? To me that kind of "friendship," being so obviously racially motivated, raises serious credibility/ integrity issues with the on-field product for these two teams.

I've always wondered about so many players, primarily black, hanging out together during the off-season. I mean really doesn't anyone see an issue here? God knows what kind of team secrets they are giving away to each other or what kind of deals they are making with each other. I don't like to think about it but odds are that what we are seeing on the field is in large part a fraud, a dishonest , insulting fraud.

No doubt about it to me,not even for a second.

And all of it,with the deliberate,racist,ignorant,hysterical,hatred towards Whites,far worse than Whites ever had towards blacks when they began to pollute the game( Which would not exist,even today,if Whitey hadn't invented it,because blacks never,ever could have invented it).

Can you imagine how nauseatingly inarticulate those "conversations" in private they have,truly are?Endless,retarded butcherings of the English language,the hideous illogic,endless use of ebonics,endless use of "Knowwuhamsayin'","dass raht","Diss"
and the endless,retarded pronunciations of all profane words,at grossly,bombastically loud volume,that blacks are so pathologically infamous for( And,is one of the many things,they believe,that makes them great ).

paranoid claims of

"Whitey/jews out to git 'em",
"the man trying to keep us down",
"Whitey/jew invented AIDS",
"NFL be racist-ist",
"we gots tuh woik t'gethuh"
And so one and so on and so on....

basically,all sorts of gross tall tales and urban legends they believe,that they've had their( Always ) empty black skulls filled by endless numbers of black racist types,from the ghettos,crack/cocaine/heroin/and other drug addicts( And the paranoid garbage they spew ),writers,intellectuals,rappers,and so on,about Whitey/jews,alledgedly,trying to do get them.(Uggggggggh,what I would give to make it happen....)
You just know the NFL knows about these things,but,being as ass-kissing of blacks,and anti-White as they are now,rather than expose them and condemn them and force them to admit their racism,they only keep it all quiet.

White "racism" - "bad"
black racism - WORSE,BY FAR!!!!
smiley7.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
you guys have talked some about the Colts' personnel decisions, and GM Bill Polian certainly has a lot to do with it. i recall the Colts a few years ago even bringing in former Colorado State white running back Kevin McDougal to play for 'em when "the Edge" was hurt and their back-ups were proving inadequate.

McDougal did so-so, but the fact the he actually got a shot to play says volumes. of course, he got injured (which had been his problem in college, too) and didn't stick around long. but him getting an opportunity was one of the factors when i started cheering for the Colts.

The NBC crew was harsh on Trent Green, also. They were actually wondering if he should be yanked at halftime. I supposed they wanted him to catch the ball after he threw it. The receivers dropped four balls in the first half.
yeah, Trent ended the first half 2 for 7 for 9 yards. the announcers couldn't wait to repeatedly blast him, saying things like "He's not seeing the field well today" blah blah blah.

they must have "forgotten" to mention, that if his superior afaletes hadn't dropped more balls than a one-handed juggler he would have been 6 for 7 in the first half... and even though i'm no mathematician, that seems like a pretty high percentage.
smiley2.gif

Jimmy Chitwood said:
they must have "forgotten" to mention, that if his superior afaletes hadn't dropped more balls than a one-handed juggler he would have been 6 for 7 in the first half... and even though i'm no mathematician, that seems like a pretty high percentage.
smiley2.gif

That's the key. And not a word about it. And then we have Manning taking it on the chin for Harrison fouling up.

cleverone

C Darwin said:
I think it might be better if the Colts loose. If the Colts won, Tony
Dungy would then become the "prototype" for head coaches. I can
hear the media crying for more coaches like the SB champ Dungy.
I don't mind Dungy. He is well spoken and seems to play the best players. Dungy is known as a defensive "genuis"
smiley36.gif
and Manning calls most of the offensive plays during a game. The real genuis is behind the center.

The whipping up on Cris Collinsworth is well deserved. I'm so sick of him exagerating the performance of every player. Isn't he supposed to be objective??? Maybe he should marry Vick and have a four way with (Edwards, Smith and Dungy). It's just sickening!

C Darwin

Mentor
Dungy as an individual is seemingly harmless. He has a team that
plays white players, and he gets the Caste Football Mulatto of the
year award. Why I dread him winning the Super Bowl is how the
media will respond to this.

Do you think the media might say...

He's the first African American coach to win the Lombardi trophy.

If minorities had more opportunities, this would have happened
years ago.

There should be more minority coaches in the NFL. Just look at Tony
Dungy, He's the best.

The GM's are all ready under enough pressure to hire AA coaches.
This past season, EVERY black head coach who had ever been a head
coach had a job as a head coach. With a Colts or Bears Super Bowl
victory, there will be a cry for more. NOBODY EVER says there should
be more white coaches upon their success, watch this be true for
blacks.

And as for the rookie black coaches that will be hired, do you think
the situation will be like it is in Indianapolis? NO WAY! It will just be
another burial ground for white athletes.

I think that the best CF outcome is the Eagles winning the Super
Bowl. They may not play many whites, but a white mutt who was
perceived to be washed up going all the way where Donovan "Rosa
Parks" McNabb failed is too sweet.

GO PHILLY!! (the Flyers can go to hell)
Remember this?Edited by: C Darwin