FS Klint Kubiak
SS Ben Stratton

Wow!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
This is incredible... Hopefully they can make a run at TCU in the MWC. Hopefully their game with BYU (if they play, I'm just assuming) is televised so everyone can see an abundance of white players on display!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
CSU and BYU play almost every year, and this year is no exception. They play at CSU this time, and hopefully it will be on TV. This is actually a fairly big rivalry, but few know of it.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
I figured they played every year but the way conferences are adding teams I wasn't sure if they still played each other every year.

whiteCB

Master
Hopefully they'll kick the you know what out of Air Force and then maybe DeBarry will realize that white guys can ball. I hope Kyle Bell runs a muck out of the Falcons and then Fisher will be having to eat his own words.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
SS Ben Stratton was actually their best corner before he got hurt. much like Eric Weddle at Utah and Andrew Pace last year for Vandy, he is both physical enough and intelligent enough to play safety while athletic enough to play corner. he's a guy to keep an eye on.
smiley32.gif

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
While DeBerry said he needed "athletes" his recruiting last year did not reflect that and Air Force will still be a predominantly white team.

JD074

Master
whiteCB said:
Hopefully they'll kick the you know what out of Air Force and then maybe DeBarry will realize that white guys can ball. I hope Kyle Bell runs a muck out of the Falcons and then Fisher will be having to eat his own words.

That happened last year! Bell ran for almost 200 yards against Air Force! And yet Deberry still thinks he needs "black speed" instead of just "speed."

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Info from CSU's first scrimmage last Saturday.

FORT COLLINS â€â€￾ Although nobody said it directly, the underlying theme coming out of Colorado State's first football scrimmage of camp was it's a good thing there's still three weeks before Weber State visits for the season opener Sept. 2.
The defense made it a rough day for Kyle Bell, who gained just 21 yards on 11 carries, but it also allowed an 86-yard bomb to Damon Morton and a 70-yard run by third-string back Michael Myers.

"It was fairly similar to most of them, that you have some good as well as bad on both sides," CSU head coach Sonny Lubick said. "As far as the coaches wanting consistency at this point, but you never get that with 10 practices.

"This was probably the longest first-day scrimmage we've had. It was close to 100 plays (98). I was kind of happy, but it's hard to single out any individuals."

The scrimmage wasn't run like a game, but broken up into situations. The day began with the offense pinned on the 3-yard line, but the team also worked some in the red zone, on short- and long-yardage situations and went through the four-minute drill, with the offense trying to run out the clock and the defense trying to get a three-and-out stop.

"I was pleased, especially with the 1s and the 2s," defensive coordinator Steve Stanard said. "The big play, that's the big thing right now. We've got to develop some consistency back there in the secondary and not give up the big play. If we can do that, we'll be all right."

The defense looked best during the four-minute drill and also on third-and-2 plays, keeping quarterback Caleb Hanie, who was 10-of-14 for 142 yards throwing, from picking up a first down on two successive sneaks.

"There's definitely a lot of things we have to clean up, some mental mistakes we have to clean up, but overall, I thought we did well as a defensive line," defensive tackle Erik Sandie said. "We did pretty good stopping the run, but there's some things to clean up. There's hope for the future, and we definitely looked better than we have the last couple of years."

His neighbor, Blake Smith, still was a bit frustrated with the overall feel of the day, especially the big plays.

"My opinion is Kyle is the best back in the conference and probably one of the best in the country, but seeing Mike Myers taking it to the house for 70 yards ... I didn't think it was that great of a day," Smith said. "I guess any day we don't stop them 100 percent, it's not a good day to me.

"I feel every day at practice we're getting better, and we're better than what we showed today. Something was missing today. We did do some good things today, so I don't want to take anything from anybody."

Two things stood out to offensive coordinator Dan Hammerschmidt â€â€￾ one on each side of the ledger.

"Two live situations, we've had no turnovers. That was huge," he said. "We're doing a lot more now, we've got the spread, we've got the whole deal, so there was some confusion out there. We have a lot of offense. With all that, and not turning the ball over, it was positive.

"The four-minute drill wasn't good. It was the first time we've done it, and obviously the guys don't understand it. We got pounded in there. The thing we've got to work on most is when we need to pound the ball running it."

Bell just tipped his hat to a defense he said was fired up for the event.

"The defense came out ready. I thought we came out ready, too, but it was one of those days where we're still getting a feel for some things," he said. "It's still really early. We're pleased with what we did today, but we still have a lot to do. After a week and a half in, I can say we're where we need to be."

The defense did record four sacks, with defensive end Jesse Nading accounting for one and a half.

Offensively, Morton hauled in four passes for 127 yards, while Rashaun Greer, George Hill and Luke Roberts also had four catches each. Myers finished with 110 yards on seven carries, while Gartrell Johnson picked up 42 yards on 13 rushes.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
yeah we talked about that a few days ago, but did anyone see how poor the Rams' ran the ball without him? their running game was just awful!

KG2422 said:
DE Jesse Nading
DT Blake Smith
DT Matt Rupp
DE Wade Landers
LB Jeff Horinek
LB Luke Adkins
FS Klint Kubiak
SS Ben Stratton

Wow!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

What, no White corners? Lol, oh well, you can't have it all.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Stratton is a corner. he started there for two years. but for some reason, despite being acknowledged as their best cover guy, he got moved to safety.

before his knee injury, that dude was one bad cat! i haven't seen him play since he's come back from it, though.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
your link didn't work for me. try this one.

what's amazing is the lack of dismay, and allthe "they're good kids" type stuff from the athletic department.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, I guess this sort of evens up some of the loss of Kyle Bell from my perspective. It definitely makes CSU a whiter team, although I don't see any of these players making room for whites to start immediately. Only one of them was even good enough to be a backup. The others aren't even on the depth chart.Edited by: Colonel_Reb

white lightning

Hall of Famer
How about the crappy running game last week as Jimmy said.All of the backs were pathetic.I hope they don't play redshirt J.Mosure.I would love to see him play but he needs to sit a year so he will have more time.Let the crappy running backs now show how much they suck and why Bell is so special.Mosure will be the heir apparent after Bell is gone in two years and he will still have two years left.I'm still sick to my stomach about Kyle getting hurt.What a huge loss!

backrow

Hall of Famer
here are their rushing stats after 3 quarters of a game vs Colorado:

Johnny Walker 1 11 11.0 0 11
Gartrell Johnson III 9 9 1.0 0 3
Nnamdi Ohaeri 4 4 1.0 0 3
Tristan Walker 1 3 3.0 0 3
Caleb Hanie   8 -23 -2.9 1 6
Team   23 4 0.2 1 11

i'd say they really need Bell...
Edited by: backrow

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, they still managed to beat Colorado, but thats not saying much this year. Bell is being missed more and more, I'd say.

backrow

Hall of Famer
well, they finished with 11 rushing yards... so yeah Col, they need him badly... Mosure might even be called in to play, who knows...

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the Rams still can't run the football. you'd think with all these black afaleets to replace the "over-acheiving" Kyle Bell there would be a vastly improved running game.
smiley36.gif
check out this article.

"It's as much mental as anything. We've just got to get tougher and get it done." -head coach Sonny Lubick.

if it requires mental ability, boy are they in trouble!
smiley36.gif

The Rams have been held to fewer than 100 rushing yards in two of their three games, and they rank 105th nationally (out of 119 Division I-A teams) in rushing at 76 yards per game...

CSU has been searching for a featured back to carry the bulk of the load but has yet to find a worthy replacement for Bell.

Sophomore Gartrell Johnson has started two of the three games but is averaging less than 2 yards per carry. Senior Nnamdi Ohaeri and sophomore Mike Myers have done a decent job but have seen limited playing time...

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The starting WR is now Luke Roberts, not Dustin Osborn. Roberts has 2 receptions for 31 yards and a TD at the end of the 3rd quarter. Listed QB Johnny Walker has 5 catches for 35 yards. This is still a very white team despite the loss of Bell.

backrow

Hall of Famer
their top runningback - Johnson III managed to get 55 yards on... 24 carries for a whooping 2.3 ypc average...

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
man! i was needing a Kyle Bell fix, but YouTube finally let me down. at least i did find a couple of CSU highlight videos that were thoroughly sprinkled with caucasian playmakers. enjoy!
smiley32.gif

video 1
video 2

i'm guessing the Rams are missing Bell and Anderson even more than we are!
smiley36.gif

csu.jpg

I gotta fever that can only be cured by more Kyle Bell!
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The SLC sports radio hosts always play Bell up and how much his loss has hurt the Rams this year. Their offense is next to nill without the top 20 stud RB! The black scrubs behind him are clearly inferior, but I hope the white freshman RB there gets a chance to star after Bell finishes.