Colorado Rockies

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure who the whitest team in the MLB is, but Colorado has to be up there in the top 2 or 3!

Aside from a few Dominicans at pitcher and Rosario, the catcher, Gonzalez the Venezuelan in LF, the Rockies can start as many as 8 white players when Pitcher, Jordan Lyles, 3-0 is the starter.

Blackmon, RF/CF, .369
Arenado, 3B, .311
Cuddyer/Barnes, RF, .317/.333
Tulowitzki, SS, .370
Morneau, 1B, .340
Dickerson, LF/CF .382
D.J. LeMaieu, 2B, .291

Lyles, P, 3-0

The Rockies are currently 17-13 and 1 game out of 1st in the NL West.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Good to know. The Nats and Orioles are very white this year as well. Boston got a bit darker and the Yanks got a bit whiter too.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
3 of the top 6 batting average leaders in the NL are Colorado Rockies...

1. Tulowitzki, COL. .400. Leads MLB. He's on fire raising his average 30 points in the last 3 games!
2. Blackmon, COL. .372
4. Utley, PHI. .350
6. Morneau, COL. .339

The Rockies are now 2nd in the NL West, a game behind SF and half a game up on the Dodgers. Looks like it'll be a fight to the finish between SF, Colorado, and LAD.

Baltimore's Matt Wieters currently leads the AL .354.

1. Wieters, BAL. .354
2. Ellsbury, NY. .346
12. Markakis, BAL. .310
Trout is 13th at .308

Last edited:

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Great game on tonight between the first place San Francisco Giants, 28-17 and second place Rockies, 25-20. Both teams feature plenty of white players including Rockies MVP candidate Troy Tulowitzki!

Young all-star, Madison Bumgarner, already 54 wins and 2 World Series rings at only 24 years old on the mound tonight for the Giants. I like the Rockies, but I'd like to see Bumgarner get his 55th win!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Great game on tonight between the first place San Francisco Giants, 28-17 and second place Rockies, 25-20. Both teams feature plenty of white players including Rockies MVP candidate Troy Tulowitzki!

Young all-star, Madison Bumgarner, already 54 wins and 2 World Series rings at only 24 years old on the mound tonight for the Giants. I like the Rockies, but I'd like to see Bumgarner get his 55th win!
Colorado ended up winning.

Michael Cuddyer, the reigning NL batting champion, has just returned from injury. Since he is primarily a corner outfielder, I expected either Barnes or Dickerson to get sent down but they've keep them all up so far. Cuddyer played 1st base last night. It'll be interesting to see how they'll juggle the playing time for all these guys. Everyone's hot!

Checkout these batting averages:
SS, Troy Tulowitzki - .389, 29 years old
1B, Justin Morneau - .327, 33 yo
3B, Nolan Arenado - .301, 23 yo (I consider him White)
2B, DJ LeMahieu - .296, 25 yo
1B/RF, Michael Cuddyer - .297, 35 yo

CF, Drew Stubbs - .333, 29 yo
CF, Charlie Blackmon - .337, 27 yo
RF/LF, Brandon Barnes - .318, 28 yo
RF/LF, Corey Dickerson - .344, 24 yo

Note the ages. Most of these key White players are on the right side of 30. They should be a good team to follow for years to come, especially if they can get some better starting pitching (read: more talented White men).

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Rockies started an all-White team of position players in yesterday's win. This is also with Tulowitzki, Morneau and Cuddyer all injured.

Lineup:

Blackmon, RF
Rutledge, SS
Dickerson, LF
Arenado, 3B
Paulsen, 1B
Stubbs, CF
McKenry, C
LeMahieu, 2B

Barnes was their only pinch hitter.

It's a shame the Rockies are in last place. They have awesome hitting, just no pitching at all.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The Rockies started an all-White team of position players in yesterday's win. This is also with Tulowitzki, Morneau and Cuddyer all injured.

Lineup:

Blackmon, RF
Rutledge, SS
Dickerson, LF
Arenado, 3B
Paulsen, 1B
Stubbs, CF
McKenry, C
LeMahieu, 2B

Barnes was their only pinch hitter.

It's a shame the Rockies are in last place. They have awesome hitting, just no pitching at all.

Well, at the beginning of the season they were battling for first or second. Not sure what has happened unless it's their pitching and the combination of injuries and the fact that the division is tough with San Francisco and L.A. in the same division.

Anyway, Tulowitzki having an MVP season! I believe Harold Reynolds called him the best player in MLB during the all-star game. Not sure he's better than Trout.