College Football News

Now that we have NIL I wonder how long it will be before college teams no longer have to worry about eligibility at all and instead are just the permanent minor league for the nfl?

Dontavious Jackson will be playing for Alabama at 34 years old? Bama doesn’t have a Dontavios Jackson although there seems to be one with that name every year somewhere.

I mean obviously it’s not about being a student athlete and hasn’t been for a long time, so maybe this is what is next? Definitely, the idea of a student athlete has been hyperbole at all major college universities for decades likely going back to the 50s.But it went unconscionable in the 80s at most football factories and basketball too.

The coaching musical chairs with DeBoer going to Alabama and Fisch going from Arizona to Washington both with their black quarterbacks in toe just go to show how utterly pathetic most of the coaching profession is.
Austin Mack didn’t play last year at UW under DeBoer, who has an excellent track record with offensive production and qb development, but yes he did transfer to Bama to play under DeBoer. Mack definitely IS NOT the legs only Qb type. He actually reclassified to graduate hs early so he could enroll last year at UW. I think Deboer will sign a better ratio of our boys than the typical caste system coach.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Dontavious was just sarcasm. Though it wouldn’t stun me to learn that someone choose that “name” for an upside American

Snow Plow

Guru
Rumors are that Michigan has already hired quotacoach, Sherrone Moore, and now have a few black quarterbacks to lead them to regular 7-5 seasons. It was fun while it lasted.

If Michigan hires Moore I’m done with them. A fan since I was a child but to hire him because he’s black is just another woke move. The man is not head coaching material and will be fire in 3 years. Bring in a proven coach not a clown who cries and swears like an angry black man. Sickening.

wile

Master
Good maybe Northwestern can beat them then. FTR I used to drive I-80 quite a bit and the Michigan fans leaving Lincoln or Iowa City were a*****e drivers, I had to get that off my chest thanks for listening.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The Big 95 (or however many teams they have) will now be much more competive without both Michigan and Ohio State being the top dogs. So Michigan will now be happy to be playing in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl or whatever.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Would you guys who watch football more argue that the rise of talented white tight ends has allowed teams to get away with weaker quarterbacks and offenses generally?

I was so underwhelmed by the black wideouts in the little bit of playoff action I saw that I wondered if the white ends weren’t inadvertently propping the rest up

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Would you guys who watch football more argue that the rise of talented white tight ends has allowed teams to get away with weaker quarterbacks and offenses generally?

I was so underwhelmed by the black wideouts in the little bit of playoff action I saw that I wondered if the white ends weren’t inadvertently propping the rest up

It’s a pattern we have long discussed here. Pretty much every black qb seems to have a top notch White TE that operates as the primary or second main target.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
A little surprised Clemson's Jake Briningstool not in the top 10. I guess that's a good thing. Lots of talented white TE's out there.

Snow Plow

Guru
A little surprised Clemson's Jake Briningstool not in the top 10. I guess that's a good thing. Lots of talented white TE's out there.
Good call…he has better stats than the last couple of guys.

Here is the article. Loveland has elite athleticism and is almost “unguardable”.

TwentyTwo

Master
Thanks for the list Snow Plow! Encouraging to see the Tight End position continue to flex it's muscles!
Yes indeed Carolina Speed!

In the NFL Draft thread it was posted that only 28 of the 70 O-Line invites were White. That is equal to " 2 of the 5" Starting.
Did not remember the number of Poly O-Lineman in the 70?? Could it make it 2 - 2 - 1 ? There would have to be 14. Have also noticed more Nigerian O-Lineman lately it seems.

PFF's Top 10 Offensive Tackles for 2024
6 of 10

Will Campbell is 6'-6" 325 Nasty streak! Has started EVERY GAME since Day 1 as a Freshman @ Left Tackle... Not easy to do in the SEC!
1709073623469.png

Last edited: