Chris Simms

GWTJ

Mentor
Chris Simms has taken the Bucs to a division Title this year. Since getting his chance against Miami in Week 6 he is 7-3 while facing the toughest part of the Bucs schedule. So, where is all the ink for this kid. If a black QB had done this there would be interviews every other day on ESPN.

Simms was the 3rd string QB in 2003 and started 2 games in 2004. In 2005 he threw for over 2000 yards with a passer rating of 81.4 He threw for 10 TD's with only 7 interceptions. His completion% was 61%.

When you add in the fact that his dad is an ex QB and currently an announcer you would think we would be hearing about this kid all the time. Yet it seems to me he did all this very quietly this year. I heard a lot more Eli Manning bashing than I did Simms praise this year. Especially late in the season.

We will see what angles the media play up as the Washington-Tampa Bay game draws closer. My prediction: a lot of Brunell bashing and Clintin Portis gushing while any Tampa stories will be about Gruden.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Bucs are flying incredibky under the radar... Simms is not getting enough credit, hell, plenty of people flame him... as a Bucs fan i couldn't be happier with him

robcat

Guru
All white quarterbacks are ridiculed and flamed if they dont immediately play like stars. Rothlisberger and Palmer are the recent exceptions but very few quarterbacks start off well at that position or have a good team behind them.

backrow

Hall of Famer
another player that should get huge props for this season is an unsung hero Dan Buenning, who as a rookie guard on Bucs offensive line outperformed everyone (he was a 4th round pick from Detroit) and was a big factor in line playing better this season...