chris arreola

patriot

Guru
Chris Arreola won a DQ victory over Chazz Witherspoon. Arreola 27, improves his record to 24-0 with 21 kos.

G

Arreola's body looked like he trained on burritos and cervezas.
smiley36.gif

He does appear to have the talent and power to be a major player in the heavyweight division in a year or so. Oh and another supposed black hope is crushed, this is becoming ridiculeous.

Blue Devils

Mentor
I'm not that impressed with him but with that being said Arreola can beat most American heavies if not all but I don't believe he'll make much noise when he steps up. The only noise he'll make is when he hits the canvas after Wladimir or Chagaev drills him
smiley36.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
After his career is over when Wlad flattens him (or someone else). He can get work as Freddy Krueger's body double. He got hit with the ugly stick multiple times.....
smiley36.gif

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Hey, his walk-in music was a Coldplay song. Even white fighters don't do that!
smiley36.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes Arreola is Mexican American and has stated in the past he wants to be first ethnic Mexican heavyweight champion. Ugly and Nightmare on Elm street jokes aside, I don't think he is athletic enough for the rugged style he fights. He might be able to win a splintered belt(as worse fighters have won them), but I don't think he will ever be the "man" of the division.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I thought Povetkin is Wlad's next opponent. Rahman took his place in this last fight because Povetkin was injured. I am pretty sure Klitschko has a mandatory against Povetkin.

Amren.com

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
I thought Povetkin is Wlad's next opponent. Rahman took his place in this last fight because Povetkin was injured. I am pretty sure Klitschko has a mandatory against Povetkin.

Because he fought Rahman, Wlad is allowed to delay his fight with Povetkin until September 2009.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Wow. Bad news for Povetkin because he really wants and deserves a title sh*t. Maybe Povetkin can fight Chagaev after he fight Drummond.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Again it's just rumors and speculation but someone close to Arreola said "It's done, Chris is fighting Klitschko on May 12 at the Staples Center, and it's a done deal."

According to thishttp://www.boxingscene.com/index.php?m=show&id=17479

Povetkin I've read might take a tuneup fight to test his ankle and may fight Wladimir later in the year which would be better for him to get more experience. So it's really up to Povetkin, if he takes the tuneup fight, Wlad will probably face Arreola next.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
How do you feel Povetkin would fare vs Haye. I think he could destroy Haye, although Haye is a dangerous fighter. Also Haye knows exactly what he is doing. Since beat Enzo and moving up to heavyweight Haye has only one fight. He has beaten Monte Barrett in the heavyweight division. Yes he only fought one fight and now he has a title shot with the best fighter in the world Vitali. Haye knew running his mouth would get him a title fight quickly.

Amren.com

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Wow. Bad news for Povetkin because he really wants and deserves a title sh*t. Maybe Povetkin can fight Chagaev after he fight Drummond.

Not really, he is probably going to lose by KO to Wlad. The bad news is that Wlad wasted 5 months of his career to fight that bum Rahman.

If Wlad fights Arreola that'll be another waste of 5 months, Arreola is a bum too.

Ideally, Wlad would fight Valuev next but that's probably not going to happen since Valuev is a Don King fighter.

I could actually tolerate Holyfield outpointing Valuev tomorrow on the condition he fights Wlad within the next 5 months next. If Wlad is smart, he won't sign a contract with Arreola until he confirms the winner tomorrow won't fight him.

P-NutLane

Guru
As far as guys I root for, I think Valuev has frustrated me more than all of them.Hes so huge he should KO anyone. I still want to see him win every time, and he is good.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Arreola will face former Klitschko victim Jameel McCline. McCline if he lets his hands go could possibly upset the hyped Arreola.