Chris Andersen

emefinsob

Chris Andersen, in my opinion is one of the best dunkers in the league. He had 2 good dunks in the first dunk contest he was in, and he got robbed. Last year he did alright, but he definately could have done better. He was trying some hard dunks and it took him alot of tries. NowI hear people talking about how bad he is and he should never be aloud in another dunk contest, that's rediculous. I hope he gets a chance to redeem himslelf in next years dunk contest. He's a hell of a player and he should definately be a starter on the Hornets. He's a great shot blocker, and rebounder, and he also shot over 50% last year.

JoeV

Guru
It didn't help things that he missed the damn dunk like 15 times in a row before making it. By that time, the crowd and judges were all beginning to turn on him.

G

Andersen is mediocre at best. The Hornets are probably the only team in
the league that he could start for. Why would you want to see him
embarrass himself and the white race in another dunk contest. Your best
bet is too get a copy the contest Brent Barry won and watch that every
All-Star because you will be waiting for a while to see another white man
win.

Gary

Mentor
Why don't we import the whole team from Italy or Lithuania since they beat the "nightmare team"
smiley36.gif

JD074

Master
Yes, Andersen humiliated himself. Yes, Barry jumped from the free throw line. Yes, Henry Bekkering jumped over a 5-10 teammate in a high school dunk contest. Yes, a white European won the last college dunk contest. Yes, white men won Gold medals in the high jump in the last two Olympics, including a "white sweep" of all six medals in the men's and women's competitions last year.

And yes, the slam dunk contest is nothing but a meaningless diversion that has no baring on the actual game of basketball.

JoeV

Guru
JD074 said:
And yes, the slam dunk contest is nothing but a meaningless diversion that has no baring on the actual game of basketball.

Its still a fun side diversion though. I would rather watch the slam dunk contest than that stupid 2 on 2 thing they did with the women b-ball players a couple of years ago.

G

chris andersen should not start on any team. but he can jump high. his 2 dunks 2 years ago were good. last year he just embarrassed himself. he should never be in the dunk contest again.

they should go back to making it a real dunk contest instead of mixing it up every year with different players. amare stoudamire? he's too tall.

actually they should have a "Can anybody who is not black or white even dunk?" contest. you know it's funny how white men can't jump yet they can outjump every race by a mile except blacks. they could hold it in california or texas and all the mexicans and asians and indians and arabs can show how clumsy and unathletic they are. then we can all have a laugh about how white men can't jump.

KG2422

Mentor
That's a good point jody. Whites are stereotyped as unathletic when the only competition to be had is between blacks and whites. We , at the very least, come in second in any sport ,and I would say first in most of course.

Gary

Mentor
I laugh my rear end off [makes for a very unproductive day!!], when I read/hear that Whites are unathletic
smiley36.gif
. I have been watching sports including the Olympics all my life and never seen men so ATHLETIC as the East Germans during the cold war period [blonde-white and blue eyed!!]
smiley32.gif

emefinsob

If Henry Bekkering makes the NBA, he will easily win the dunk contest. Most likely he will be in the college one after this coming season. If he is, itcould be 2 consecutive years a white guy wins the college dunk contest.

G

katelynas easily won the college dunk contest last year. he blew away the black players. but he didn't make an NBA team.

i expect the same for bekkering.