Chad Pennington

hedgehog

Mentor
I have read about 3 articles in the last week saying how Chad Pennington's salary is hurting the New York Jets. I have not read any one mention the same thing about Daunte Fumblepecker. Fumblepecker is in the elite $100 million QB club, and very few people know this- it was kept pretty quiet, but Fumblepecker refused to come to camp at the begining of the year unless he was given more money. Apparently $100 mil was not enough. The Vikings caved and gave him a few more million.I wonder if the media will say the same thing about him?

JayDukes

Chad Pennington is an injury-prone liability to the team. You never know when he's going to fall apart, not to mention he's not the most talented QB. All that money the Jets are paying Pennington...he's turned out to be a bad investment. Culpepper, on the other hand, is dependable and can lead his team to wins. He might start slow from time to time, but the Viking tend to make it deeper into the playoffs and with higher expectations.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If you're gonna be yet another wannabe troll on this board, at least have a little knowledge. In Culpepper's five years as a starter, the Vikings have made the playoffs only twice, last year when they were 8-8, and in 2000, Culpepper's first year as a starter when they still had Robert Smith, Moss at his best, and a great offensive line, when they went 11-5. That year they narrowly lost to the Giants in the playoffs with "Mr. Dependable" at the helm, 41-0.

Since 2000, the Vikings are 29-39 with Culpepper as the starter. So much for those "higher expectations."

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I couldn't have said it better myself.Dante is on a downwad spiral going no where fast.He has talent but seems to panic under pressure.The Vikings are 0-4 in Super Bowls but I don't even see Culpepper ever getting them there.They will always be underacheivers as long as he is there.The team in general needs a huge overhaul.

Kaptain

Master
JayDukes, that post was flat-out retarded.
smiley5.gif

Maybe we should have an IQ test given before someone becomes a castefootball member.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Culpepper, on the other hand, is dependable and can lead his team to wins. He might start slow from time to time, but the Viking tend to make it deeper into the playoffs and with higher expectations.

Of course they have higher expectations. Their offense is quarterbacked by a black football player. That automatically makes them eligible for a slot in the playoffs even before the pre-season starts. See also: Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans.

I recommend that any time you have a desire to say something that can actually be proven with numbers, check them out before you post.

KG2422

Mentor
JayDukes must have got into Duke with an affirmative blacktion program. He's not too sharp. The best black quarterback was Warren Moon and he was a tough guy too. Remember the way he brutally beat his wife just after receiving NFL man of the year. It was just like Robert Parish in basketball. No woman's cheek bones were safe around these guys. These were real tough guys.
smiley20.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
JayDukes said:
Chad Pennington is an injury-prone liability to the team. You never know when he's going to fall apart, not to mention he's not the most talented QB.

Chad Pennington is not durable, that is correct, but he is tough, in that he often plays with a severely damaged body while in pain. He is a very intelligent QB, with an excellentTD to INT ratio. He's been hampered with a blown out shoulder , torn rotator cuff and hand injuries the last few years but has managed to complete a high percentage of his passes. Even with all those injuries his throwing stats are much better than Michael Vick's. Amazing.

Gary

Mentor
JayDukes is most likely pignuts lets face it. To bad about Samuel Peter pignuts. When Wlad got done with him his face looked like something from a Burger King Grill!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Vick goes down with a tight hammy, and nobody says sh*t. Pennington gets a torn rotator cuff and he's fragile.

Uh-huh. Riiiiiight.

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Vick goes down with a tight hammy, and nobody says sh*t. Pennington gets a torn rotator cuff and he's fragile.

Good post White Shogun.He's always on the bench for some minor little muscle twinge. Vick may be the wimpiest, most pampered player in the league.